Howard Stern

BillsFanNC

he's gonna have Eric the Midget sitting on his lap..... :w00t:

I know, I know he hasn't been funny in years etc., but he did announce this morning that he will be a judge next year on Americas Got Talent. I have to admit I've never watched any of these talent shows, but I will now.

Howard Stern Joins NBC's 'America's Got Talent'

I haven't caught up to todays show but horry sheet. I was wondering why the little nuances with Sharon Osbourne were so interesting. I am glad he is doing this, I will now have to watch the show!

That would be funny if he actually did that, but I think he will aproach this more seriously and be brutally honest with contestants which should make for some good TV.

and he will be hard to hate because of that honesty. He will not come across as Simon Cowell.

I think he could open himself to a new group of haters BECAUSE of his brutal honesty. If he does as he says, he will not beat around the bush with contestants such as children who have never heard criticism before, this could turn off a lot of viewers...I personally don't watch these shows at all....but I'll probably watch for Howards sake

I haven't caught up to todays show but horry sheet. I was wondering why the little nuances with Sharon Osbourne were so interesting. I am glad he is doing this, I will now have to watch the show!

and he will be hard to hate because of that honesty. He will not come across as Simon Cowell.

This is a great move by Howard. Despite the freedom and money from being on satellite he became invisible to the mass public. This will make him into a real celebrity, which is what I think he really wants. It will also make people forget the bad boy FCC nonsense.

PTR

I would honestly LOVE to be so irrelevant...then maybe I would be able to be hired by the number 1 rated regular network summer tv show....damn he really needs to consider a career change... :wallbash:

Stern knows that he is completely irrelevant now and he wants to get back into the spotlight. I'm glad he's doing something else because his show is terrible now.

I would honestly LOVE to be so irrelevant...then maybe I would be able to be hired by the number 1 rated regular network summer tv show....damn he really needs to consider a career change... :wallbash:

Well, everything is relative. Compared to his "King of All Media" peak, he's sunk pretty far on the pop culture chart.

i think the show is as good if not better than ever...i think they are all doing the show the way they want to, they don't have to worry about violating fcc rules, they are all at a point in their lives where they are doing this because they can rather than because they have to.

I am totally intrigued by the dynamics of the shows...to hear Howard, Robin & Fred genuinely laughing at things after all these years really strikes me as they have been together for 35+ years and still really enjoy what they are doing and with whom they are doing....

then when you look at how the show is run like an actual business..its easy to view the show as a bunch of screw ups that just fly by the seat of their pants, but its a business and they care deeply about that business and gary delabatte seems to hold the whole thing together so well....

and as for the main core of the team, Howard, Robin, Fred & Gary...they lead 'normal' lives off the air...the rest of the crew...well maybe not so much...but the whole thing just fascinates me,

not every show is a homerun, and i get completely sick of howard fawning all over his trophy wife(i don't care what he says)....or robin being completely out of touch with reality and agreeing with EVERY word Howard says...but when they are on, they are on..he makes his guests feel comfortable to be there,

and his whack packers are people that you would never encounter in your normal lives...my god, eric the midgets negotiations for in plain sight absolutely killed me....werewolves in new mexico :w00t:

still so much good stuff comes out of that show and it keeps me thoroughly entertained....

Well, everything is relative. Compared to his "King of All Media" peak, he's sunk pretty far on the pop culture chart.

Considering that a #1 primetime network show just signed him to its lead role and moved its production from LA to NYC to do it, I'd say you're wrong.

I will say that although I'm a daily listener, it's not as funny as it was when Artie was on, just because they don't have a fulltime comic anymore. But no one else can do what Stern does. As a huge fan of talk radio, I truly wish someone could.

i think the show is as good if not better than ever...i think they are all doing the show the way they want to, they don't have to worry about violating fcc rules, they are all at a point in their lives where they are doing this because they can rather than because they have to.

I am totally intrigued by the dynamics of the shows...to hear Howard, Robin & Fred genuinely laughing at things after all these years really strikes me as they have been together for 35+ years and still really enjoy what they are doing and with whom they are doing....

then when you look at how the show is run like an actual business..its easy to view the show as a bunch of screw ups that just fly by the seat of their pants, but its a business and they care deeply about that business and gary delabatte seems to hold the whole thing together so well....

and as for the main core of the team, Howard, Robin, Fred & Gary...they lead 'normal' lives off the air...the rest of the crew...well maybe not so much...but the whole thing just fascinates me,

not every show is a homerun, and i get completely sick of howard fawning all over his trophy wife(i don't care what he says)....or robin being completely out of touch with reality and agreeing with EVERY word Howard says...but when they are on, they are on..he makes his guests feel comfortable to be there,

and his whack packers are people that you would never encounter in your normal lives...my god, eric the midgets negotiations for in plain sight absolutely killed me....werewolves in new mexico :w00t:

still so much good stuff comes out of that show and it keeps me thoroughly entertained....

About the only thing that bugs me is Howard constantly voicing as his parents. I did not notice how annoying I thought it was until I saw someone point it out on SFN. Then it was nothing but those voices for 3 months last Spring. It drove me nuts. The Nick Manning drops are the perfect example of how long to keep something on the show - maybe a month at best.

JD, Jason Kaplan, Benji, John Hein, all of them are just...weird. And I love it. I can imagine many of the regulars here on TSW being similar to the characters of the Stern Show. Just Jack is definately a John Hein type of character, for example.

I am a HUGE fan but I stopped listening about a year and a half ago and so have a lot of others. In the medium that he is in, he IS irrelevant and that's why he's making a switch. If he stayed a Sirius he would just fade into oblivion.

It would be great if he could bring Ralph on the show with his lazer pointer though.

Edited by John Cocktosten

i think the show is as good if not better than ever

It's your opinion but it's an absolutely ridiculous one. I've listened to Stern for almost 20 years and have almost every show on mp3 dating back to '98 including everything from Sirius. The show is HHHAAAARRIBLE!!!!! No one challenges Howard on his BS. He hangs up on any caller he doesn't agree with. And how about Robin? She's a whale again but no one is allowed to say anything. Old guests are not allowed on the show because of affiliations with guys like Florentine and Rev Bob. Fred is as silent as ever. If you like Photography well then the show is for you! Jason Kaplin, Ronnie and Benji are major show contributers?

The show is a shell of it's former self. The show WAS about honesty and not letting people get away with crap. Howard has said a million times that he doesn't care about the show. He's even encouraged Mutt to get rid of sterfnfannetwork because he doesn't like the way he's treated on it! :sick: PUKE :sick: ! Saying the show is better now is like saying Fitz is better than Kelly.

I've been a hot and cold fan of Howard's for a long time. Like a lot of you guys, however, I can't even remember the last time I heard his show. That being said, I'm very interested in this pairing (Stern and AGT). I'll miss Piers on the show, cause he's a very entertaining Brit, but the Stern factor will keep things interesting in his absence. I have a feeling this will only be a one year experiment, though

Wow...I love when he plays his parents...it absolutely cracks me up!

About the only thing that bugs me is Howard constantly voicing as his parents. I did not notice how annoying I thought it was until I saw someone point it out on SFN. Then it was nothing but those voices for 3 months last Spring. It drove me nuts. The Nick Manning drops are the perfect example of how long to keep something on the show - maybe a month at best.

JD, Jason Kaplan, Benji, John Hein, all of them are just...weird. And I love it. I can imagine many of the regulars here on TSW being similar to the characters of the Stern Show. Just Jack is definately a John Hein type of character, for example.

Fair enough, I can see your pov. That said, I find the content highly entertaining, and I think to your point, he's conducting the show that way because after 35+ years he can do it 100% his way

It's your opinion but it's an absolutely ridiculous one. I've listened to Stern for almost 20 years and have almost every show on mp3 dating back to '98 including everything from Sirius. The show is HHHAAAARRIBLE!!!!! No one challenges Howard on his BS. He hangs up on any caller he doesn't agree with. And how about Robin? She's a whale again but no one is allowed to say anything. Old guests are not allowed on the show because of affiliations with guys like Florentine and Rev Bob. Fred is as silent as ever. If you like Photography well then the show is for you! Jason Kaplin, Ronnie and Benji are major show contributers?

The show is a shell of it's former self. The show WAS about honesty and not letting people get away with crap. Howard has said a million times that he doesn't care about the show. He's even encouraged Mutt to get rid of sterfnfannetwork because he doesn't like the way he's treated on it! :sick: PUKE :sick: ! Saying the show is better now is like saying Fitz is better than Kelly.

Wow...I love when he plays his parents...it absolutely cracks me up!

I'm with you, especially when he does his fathers voice. I crack up every time.

I think he could open himself to a new group of haters BECAUSE of his brutal honesty. If he does as he says, he will not beat around the bush with contestants such as children who have never heard criticism before, this could turn off a lot of viewers...I personally don't watch these shows at all....but I'll probably watch for Howards sake

He alluded to actually bringing out the parents of these young kids when he gives his opinion. Now that would be funny!

The Stern show is not horrible...not all the time anyway. It has its moments, but IMO it's pretty weak compared to his heyday. It's hit-or-miss. Sometimes he still gets great guests but there are too many days of boring stuff. Nothing is worse than internal feuds over who ate a cookie or who thinks who's an a--hole.

PTR