Performance against Expectations

VirginiaMike

I see many folks posting who are bailing or have bailed on the Bills this year because of this losing streak and them no longer in the playoff hunt. The disappointment runs high after posting 5-2 start to finish this way - understood. It could be said that it's a case of bait and switch. Here's the beautiful sports car after 7 games, and now are 13 games here is the clunker. It raises the disappointment level and therefore enjoyment of watching greatly.

A better way to look at it is to measure where the Bills are now based upon what you expected before the season started. Only the rooster-eyed optimists thought the Bills were a playoff team at the start of the season. I consider myself an optimist, but to be honest I expected nothing better than 7-9 or 8-8 this season. We can still get there, but the way we've played it's unlikely.

What I'm saying is that I never expected the playoffs at season start so why am I now disappointed that the Bills are out of the playoffs. Measure your reaction to this season based against your expectations at the beginning of the year and you'll be less disappointed and better able to watch these last 3 games and root for the Bills. Just my opinion!

I see many folks posting who are bailing or have bailed on the Bills this year because of this losing streak and them no longer in the playoff hunt. The disappointment runs high after posting 5-2 start to finish this way - understood. It could be said that it's a case of bait and switch. Here's the beautiful sports car after 7 games, and now are 13 games here is the clunker. It raises the disappointment level and therefore enjoyment of watching greatly.

A better way to look at it is to measure where the Bills are now based upon what you expected before the season started. Only the rooster-eyed optimists thought the Bills were a playoff team at the start of the season. I consider myself an optimist, but to be honest I expected nothing better than 7-9 or 8-8 this season. We can still get there, but the way we've played it's unlikely.

What I'm saying is that I never expected the playoffs at season start so why am I now disappointed that the Bills are out of the playoffs. Measure your reaction to this season based against your expectations at the beginning of the year and you'll be less disappointed and better able to watch these last 3 games and root for the Bills. Just my opinion!

I picked the team to be 6-10 before the season and by mid-season I thought I'd be way off but now it looks like I'm going to keep my 11 year streak of being dead on (5times) or within 1 game. Actually starting the season the Bills offensive line played much better than I thought they would (they looked abysmal in pre-season) it's too bad the amount of injuries we've had. With a healthy team I think 8-7 and right in the playoff hunt is where we are. The Bills need a good free agency, a good draft, and some good luck next year.

I am about where you are on this. I did not expect much and I got what I expected. The way the wins were distributed though did surprise me. I realy do not like the situation that they are in right now. Right now the Bills are undermanned at every posiiton and they are being out coached to boot. I do like the way Chan Gailey handles the x's and o's and the way he deals with fundamentals. The guy really knows the game. I am not sure he is great at the motivational part though. We are going to find out the next three games.

Only thing is, despite the snappy start, I believe, this team has regressed from last year, ever since. As a perenially disappointed Bills fan, I am accustomed to overlooking poor efforts...run for the bus kind of games at the end of the season. However, the efforts against both Dallas and San Diego were so poor...we didn't see efforts like this, last season, until the final week or two...no doubt the injuries have played some role in this collapse, but that isn't all of it. In the Chargers game, the only guys who looked at all interested in trying to play competitive football were Caussin, Hagan and Choice...