I wonder what the Bills internal cap number is

LabattBlue

Assuming the Bills have an internal cap number that is less than the actual cap(I think this is completely feasible), I wonder when the Bills are going to run up against it? They still have to pay Johnson and Jackson, and I would think that contract extensions for Wood and Levitre are going to happen in the next year or two.

Contract extensions on the defensive side of the ball?? Not so sure? George Wilson, Barnett, someone else???

Assuming the Bills have an internal cap number that is less than the actual cap(I think this is completely feasible), I wonder when the Bills are going to run up against it? They still have to pay Johnson and Jackson, and I would think that contract extensions for Wood and Levitre are going to happen in the next year or two.

Contract extensions on the defensive side of the ball?? Not so sure? George Wilson, Barnett, someone else???

Wilson and Barnett just resigned this past offseason, assuming McKelvin is allowed to walk after next season there really isnt anyone pressing on defense. My guess is that Jackson is not given an extension this season, and is rewarded in the offseason before camp.

They don't have to pay monster contracts to draft picks anymore, so there is a bit more flexiblity.

Great point :thumbsup:

They don't have to pay monster contracts to draft picks anymore, so there is a bit more flexiblity.

Great point :thumbsup: i hope they are really willing to start looking at proven season vets. Hopefully a pass rusher next year and nuild how the 80 and 90s bills did

The Bills are paying peanuts for OL.

The Bills are paying peanut shells for TE.

The Bills are paying peanut shells for WR.

The Bills are paying about average now for RB, perhaps just above average as CJ has a decent contract.

The only position they are paying for now on the entire offense is QB, with a 2nd tier starter, good back-up money and big for #3 money.

On defense, we have middle of the pack across the board. No monster salaries but Dareus and Kyle and Kelsay make some money. Most of the other starters now make 3-4 million.

Edited by Kelly the Dog

Stevie and Freddie are musts. Give Freddie the money in the off-season as he has another year left on his deal. Lock in Stevie now as we don't want to have to use the franchise tag.

Other than Stevie you can wait till the off-season to assess who is worth it. Nelson, Wood, Levitre, McKelvin, Chandler, and whoever else is out preforming their contracts or their contracts are expiring can be assessed at the end of the season. Its only been 6 games lets see exactly how everything shakes out at the end of the year before they hand out big deals.

Kyle got paid because he had monster season last year as well as the fact that he has been a good performer for years prior. Fitz got paid because of his position. Stevie will get paid because of his production last season and this season. After that there really isn't a need to do more in season deals.