The Bills final possession...

LabattBlue

The final possession was a disaster for the Bills. It started with a false start to Pears, and ended with a tipped ball at the line of scrimmage. 4 plays, 10 yards....GAME OVER.

Keep in mind the Bills got the ball back with 1:32 to go, and still had 1 timeout...plenty of time to get in FG range. Instead, they couldn't even get a single first down.

To me this is more embarrassing than the bad call/bad throw on the previous possession.

:thumbdown:

Edited by LabattBlue

The final possession was a disaster for the Bills. It started with a false start to Pears, and ended with a tipped ball at the line of scrimmage. 4 plays, 10 yards....GAME OVER.

Keep in mind the Bills got the ball back with 1:32 to go, and still had 1 timeout...plenty of time to get in FG range. Instead, they couldn't even get a single first down.

To me this is more embarrassing than the bad call/bad throw on the previous possession.

I was surprised there wasn't a thread honestly

Edited by NoSaint

By this time their pass rush had us totally intimadated.

I was the reason for the false start, the reason for the blocked pass, the reason for the two interceptions, the reason we got knocked out of FG range, the reason we couyld not get the ball deep.

Clearly the difference in the game was our inability to handle their pass rush. Screens, quick slant, draw plays would work but we were just not executing consistently in the face of the pressure.

Edited by Bob in STL

Ignore him. Some people don't care how we play as long as we finish above 500

I very much care about how we play.

We made a few mistakes yesterday against a good team and lost. It sucks.

But c'mon.

Embarrassing? The Bills are far from that this year. We're beating some good teams, we lost to a couple good teams. We have a lot of injuries at important positions and are still competitive.

After a 4-12 season, you people are expecting us to be 100% perfect in every single way? Give me a break.

I very much care about how we play.

We made a few mistakes yesterday against a good team and lost. It sucks.

But c'mon.

Embarrassing? The Bills are far from that this year. We're beating some good teams, we lost to a couple good teams. We have a lot of injuries at important positions and are still competitive.

After a 4-12 season, you people are expecting us to be 100% perfect in every single way? Give me a break.

I said their last possession was embarrassing. Not the season to date. Is reading comprehension not your strong suit?

Thanks for responding to the post. <_<

Ignore the idiots. That last drive was poorly designed, executed and was almost as bad as the pass Fitz threw on the possession before, when the Bills were in the Red Zone. The Bills gave that game away, plain and simple. Fitz was terrible, the defense continues to be very, very bad. Some people here though are satisfied with a 4-12 record as long as games are close. The team that played yesterday looked almost exactly like the 2010 team that went 4-12. Along with that, after the first sack that Fitz took, he show flashes of Trent Edwards, it appeared he never recovered from it, throwing to disgustingly short passes to Johnson that were easy interceptions, and taking several dumb sacks, including one that knocked the Bills out of field goal range. Anyone who would even think the word "playoff" the way that team played yesterday, and the way the defense has played for the past 5 games is a joke in themselves.

Edited by billsfreak

I will give the Giants credit. It didn't seem like they went back into a prevent shell; they brought pressure and played tight coverage on that last drive.

That said, I was expecting with that kind of time, just a bunch of RB dump-offs. We could have probably dinked and dunked to midfield.

Ignore the idiots. That last drive was poorly designed, executed and was almost as bad as the pass Fitz threw on the possession before, when the Bills were in the Red Zone. The Bills gave that game away, plain and simple. Fitz was terrible, the defense continues to be very, very bad. Some people here though are satisfied with a 4-12 record as long as games are close.

I'm not happy with the loss yesterday but there is a little ray of sunshine that can be gleamed from it. The Bills played their worst game of the season, with 5 starters out with injury, with lots of mistakes on both sides of the ball, on the road, against a (now) 4-2 team and lost by a late FG.

I was as pissed off after the game as anybody but after having time to calm down a bit you begin to think more clearly. This team can play with anybody but you can't have that many mistakes and expect to win the game.