Anyone watch the bills on NFL rewind?

DUFF

I know we're supposed to be thru complaining about the officiating, but after watching the game on NFL rewind, with the DVR slow motion button I counted 4 illegal blocks to back on the De'Sean Jackson screen play TD. I know thats kind of pathetic that i would spend the time to do that, but i was initially thinking it was just two illegal blocks to the back and wanted to see who the Bills players were that were blocked. When doing that I noticed 2 more blocks to the back.

# 85 to Scott

# 87 to Florence

#63 on #98 Bills (Heard??)

#78 straight out tackles Byrd

All were in position to make the tackle.

I know it's in the past, and we won the game, but between this, the lack of holding calls, pass interference calls, etc is putting this team in closer game situations than the game would be if the refs were doing their job and making calls. I know some calls go for us at times, but overall they are very unbalanced against us. Thoughts? Anyone rewatch it?

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Missed a facemask by the Bills, but missed lots of blocks-in-the-back, holding, and on that almost sack by Dareus, it should have been intentional grounding since he was in the pocket and the ball was completely uncatchable.

I know we're supposed to be thru complaining about the officiating, but after watching the game on NFL rewind, with the DVR slow motion button I counted 4 illegal blocks to back on the De'Sean Jackson screen play TD. I know thats kind of pathetic that i would spend the time to do that, but i was initially thinking it was just two illegal blocks to the back and wanted to see who the Bills players were that were blocked. When doing that I noticed 2 more blocks to the back.

# 85 to Scott

# 87 to Florence

I know it's in the past, and we won the game, but between this, the lack of holding calls, pass interference calls, etc is putting this team in closer game situations than the game would be if the refs were doing their job and making calls. I know some calls go for us at times, but overall they are very unbalanced against us. Thoughts? Anyone rewatch it?

I said the same thing to the guy next to me in the stands on Sunday. That was a joke that no penalties were called on that play

I just watched the first half, and was surprised at the big plays Reggie Corner made! Obviously, his interception, but in addition, the second-to-last play of the first half. He stepped in front of D. J. & batted the ball away at the goal line. Beautiful. This set-up Vick's infamous clock killing over-throw.

I just watched the first half, and was surprised at the big plays Reggie Corner made! Obviously, his interception, but in addition, the second-to-last play of the first half. He stepped in front of D. J. & batted the ball away at the goal line. Beautiful. This set-up Vick's infamous clock killing over-throw.

Luckily for him Vick waited too long to throw that pass because Jackson was wide open. Good recovery but Tom Brady completes that pass EVERY time.

Yes, to all the comments about terrible officiating.

On another note, re: NFL Rewind -It's a great production! The whole game is captured w/ add'l sideline/podium/locker room audio & video, the picture -courtesy of NFL Films- is brilliant and the game 'story' is told.

They only do these for the best games of the week and we've (Bills) been treated to a few of them already this season. Much better than the 20 minute rewind from DTV and much shorter than the game itself -saving valuable DVR time!

A long as our defense keeps the opposition in high-scoring, thrilling games, there'll be plenty more! :D:huh::doh:

Great stuff!

Yes, to all the comments about terrible officiating.

On another note, re: NFL Rewind -It's a great production! The whole game is captured w/ add'l sideline/podium/locker room audio & video, the picture -courtesy of NFL Films- is brilliant and the game 'story' is told.

They only do these for the best games of the week and we've (Bills) been treated to a few of them already this season. Much better than the 20 minute rewind from DTV and much shorter than the game itself -saving valuable DVR time!

A long as our defense keeps the opposition in high-scoring, thrilling games, there'll be plenty more! :D:huh::doh:

Great stuff!

Another thing I noticed after watching the game, was how much pressure our "D" was actually putting on vick for most of the game.

~agree, but i think it's the zebras making these "thrilling" games. Take back the TD from De'Sean Jackson, throw flags for holding, and this game would have never been sooo close. But I agree, and think that is why we continue to have this discussion, NFL+close games=$$

# 85 to Scott

# 87 to Florence

Yup, saw it. Thought the same. Ah well, what can you do?

I believe that blocks in the back are legal within a certain distance of the line of scrimmage ... At least two of those blocks in the back occurred at the line. No excuse for missing the ones downfield though. Also there was a screen where their lineman were downfield engaged & blocking before the pass was thrown ...is that legal if the pass is caught behind the line? I'm not sure.