McKelvin

eSJayDee

If McLuvin is so bad, why is he on the opposing team's #1 (and not Florence)?

I don't think he always plays on the other's #1, Florence was on Green on many plays during the game. I think the Bills corners stay on their sides of the field.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it was a bad sign the first year gailey was hear, and there were training camp reports of him not being able to focus and coaches kept repeating things to him and just not "getting it."

I hate having him in the starting lineup. When williams and mcgee come back, I hope he plays behind all of them, including florence.

+ 1

How come it seems whenever there's a jump ball, he loses? One would think if he was indeed gifted, given those situations, he should win the better %age of them. This was always the case w/ Moulds. He just gets beaten too regularly even when he's there.

is just too easily fooled by WRs and is out of position often, Just don't think he has the smarts for the game. :(

How come it seems whenever there's a jump ball, he loses? One would think if he was indeed gifted, given those situations, he should win the better %age of them. This was always the case w/ Moulds. He just gets beaten too regularly even when he's there.

He rarely tries to make a play on the ball, usually ends up watching the receiver bring it in

McKelvin actually wasn't that bad today. He had a very nice pass break up in the end-zone that should have been Wilson's ball to knock down. Green looks like a superstar WR.

That being said it looks like he lets the WR close the gap between them and initiate contact instead of him being the one to bump the WR off his pattern. Once the gap is closed the WR then has the advantage and McKelvin has little margin for error to react to the route. He should turn his hips and run a step sooner.

His coverage was generally good. He just lost every battle for the jump ball. What is it? Heart? Desire? What?

Lead feet and is not an instinctive football player and I disagree, he's been a liability on pass D every game, save for his pick. Another first round bust by Jauron. Its going to take Buddy Nix another 2 drafts to just undo the damage done by this a$$clown.

He is athletically gifted. He just can't play football. ;)

Football instincts - he ain't got them. We will see what happens when McGee and AWilliams get back but I think the rookie will get more playing time to see what we have in him.

Great athletic skills.

Not smart + no football savvy = rarely in position to make a play. Therefore not a play maker.

It's one or both of two things.

As his attempt to return the kickoff and struggle for extra yardage against the Patriots (fumbling the game away) proved, he's seemingly not a very bright person.

The other thing is that there are lots of good athletes who are not good "ball athletes." Lonnie Johnson was that way too. Physical talent who wasn't a good ball athlete.

it was a bad sign the first year gailey was hear, and there were training camp reports of him not being able to focus and coaches kept repeating things to him and just not "getting it."

I hate having him in the starting lineup. When williams and mcgee come back, I hope he plays behind all of them, including florence.

The problem is that he is physically gifted, but mentally touched.

He is always there, he just has no football skills, he can't identify the ball in the air.

He is athletically gifted. He just can't play football. ;)

+1

THE NON-FACTOR!!!!! :thumbsup:

He is a huge factor, opposing teams just pick on him because he has almost no coverage skills. He can run with anyone but can't football cover them.

Great athletic skills.

Not smart + no football savvy = rarely in position to make a play. Therefore not a play maker.

+1

He reminds of Michael Jordan playing baseball.

Nice one.

He rarely tries to make a play on the ball, usually ends up watching the receiver bring it in

Exactly!

McKelvin actually wasn't that bad today. He had a very nice pass break up in the end-zone that should have been Wilson's ball to knock down. Green looks like a superstar WR.

That being said it looks like he lets the WR close the gap between them and initiate contact instead of him being the one to bump the WR off his pattern. Once the gap is closed the WR then has the advantage and McKelvin has little margin for error to react to the route. He should turn his hips and run a step sooner.

Incorrect, he was victimized and targeted as a weak link.

He might be a gifted athlete - his problem is from the neck up. How many times does he have to get BURNED before he learns to TURN HIS HEAD and look for the damn ball!

Exactly! Why can't he learn to look for the GD ball.

Edited by Why So Serious?

11th overall. Dick Jauron, the gift that keeps on giving!

McKelvin was the highest rated corner in the draft at the time and the Bills were preparing for the loss of J. Greer. He also was touted for his skills returning kicks. Mike Mayock predicted McKelvin would be a pro-bowler. :oops:

Edited by Mr. Wonderful

The guy definately has a lot of talent and it sucks that he gets burned for big plays. But where is the pressure getting generated from? You can blame him all you want but at the end of the day, hes generally better than most other corners in the league, we just cant get to the QB. When we do we generate big plays, but when we dont get any pressure we get burned. As for those calling for his head, at this point we have way too many injuries to consider it.

McKelvin was the highest rated corner in the draft at the time and the Bills were preparing for the loss of J. Greer. He also was touted for his skills returning kicks. Mike Mayock predicted McKelvin would be a pro-bowler. :oops:

Yeah McKelvin was predicted to go Top 10, and we were looking at a CB that year. Aquib Talib was someone that was a likely projected pick by the Bills in many mocks.

When McKelvin "fell" to #11 it was looked at, at the time, as a windfall.

However time has proven that the other 10 teams made the right pick in passing on him.

I don't think he always plays on the other's #1, Florence was on Green on many plays during the game. I think the Bills corners stay on their sides of the field.

Who's brilliant idea is this?

I'm pretty sure Revis just follows the other team's #1.

You're saying that all opposing teams need to do is line up their #1 on McKelvin's side of the field and they get the match-up of their dreams?

Who's brilliant idea is this?

I'm pretty sure Revis just follows the other team's #1.

You're saying that all opposing teams need to do is line up their #1 on McKelvin's side of the field and they get the match-up of their dreams?

The Coaching staff today, or maybe on Saturday, may have felt both corners were their "#1" corner (both being their "#2" corner is more accurate description) so why would you bother moving Florence around?

The coaching staff's opinion may evolve over the course of the season.

Lead feet and is not an instinctive football player and I disagree, he's been a liability on pass D every game, save for his pick. Another first round bust by Jauron. Its going to take Buddy Nix another 2 drafts to just undo the damage done by this a$$clown.

I'm no Dick Jauron apologist -- watching the Colts this year shows how wise Jauron was to build a team in Buffalo in the image of the Colts without a QB or even an NFL caliber coordinator -- but, the bad drafting pre-dates Jauron's abundant incompetence. As Ralph himself put it, they hadn't drafted well in a decade.

I'm no Dick Jauron apologist -- watching the Colts this year shows how wise Jauron was to build a team in Buffalo in the image of the Colts without a QB or even an NFL caliber coordinator -- but, the bad drafting pre-dates Jauron's abundant incompetence. As Ralph himself put it, they hadn't drafted well in a decade.

No argument there. Bad drafts all the way back to the late John Butler's last year with the Bills.

Buddy Nix was right when he said shortly after re-joing the Bills: "We need talent and we need a lot of it" ..... the remaking of the roster is still a work in progress.

As far as Jauron, I give him no pass on nothing. DB DB and undersized LB bust, bust bust ALL first round busts!!!! I'd take a QB over any of that BS garbage; or a DE or a OT. All the first round DB's and our secondary is a joke so ya IM pissed that this club was run like the three stooges for ten years. :wallbash: