Merriman? Where is the explosiveness?

VirginiaMike

Two weeks in a row of not getting run all over.. .at will. We just played 2 explosive, run first teams and held both their number 1 backs to less than 100yds rushing. I'd suggest that he and the whole defense is doing exactly what they need to be doing.

We were committed to the run so Merriman had an entirely different role today. Last play he got through with their LT making a big holding on him (wasnt called). Merriman his exam is next week against the pass happy Pats*.

That was a disgusting non call. The guy rode back two OL on that play.

On the day of a great win, it's concerning that they weren't able to get after the QB more. I don't think Merriman's name was called at all and he struggled to even pressure Campbell.

I felt Campbell was under pressure. The problem was in coverage because he rarely needed to make a 2nd or 3rd read. The heat was coming, but he was getting that ball out. Oh well, a win is a win is a win!

I think he did fine in run stopping/gap control... but yeah... not much in explosiveness.

Dorkington,

Last week I saw a lot of Merriman taking up space and occupying more than his fair share of blockers

I didn't see that this week, but maybe I just didn't see it and it was there?

Why was Kellen Heard on the field so much?

Dorkington,

Last week I saw a lot of Merriman taking up space and occupying more than his fair share of blockers

I didn't see that this week, but maybe I just didn't see it and it was there?

Why was Kellen Heard on the field so much?

It was hot down on the field, so they were doing a lot of rotation to keep guys fresh. We were all dying of thirst in the 4thQ, but no one could leave their seats!

Get a clue guys, this is typical Merriman. Talk up a storm and then hide out in the back. Since '09, the guy has had more hits on Tila Tequila than anyone else. Just a matter of time before he's on I/R. -Time for a young guy to step up and take his belt.

2-0! THATS where Merriman is.

There is a reason Kelsay looks better. Teams gameplan for Merriman.

We're undefeated and our Run D looks good. Needed some better coverage today, but whatever.

GO BILLS!

Yeh, he was double teamed a lot...and lets other guys get one on one or alone. He isn't getting big stats, but he is there....and they have to account for him. I am happy he is still whole physically, and believe he will come along with the big plays as he plays back into shape, both mentally and physically. You really though those two cameo's in the preseason got him ready?