UFO Found on Ocean Floor?

CosmicBills

11 minutes ago, K-9 said:

I agree entirely that an untold number of things will be discovered and our knowledge base expanded as time goes on. 

But I have to take exception with the term “we don’t know squat.” We actually know a helluva lot. Across a multitude of disciplines. We are an amazing species. 

When we recognize it and unify around that belief. 

Obviously, that was a bit of hyperbole. We know a few specs of sand on the beach, for sure. What amazes me the most is how much more there is to learn! We have far more questions than answers, IMO. We really don’t know what dark matter is, and it apparently makes up most of the universe (I’ve read estimates of 85-95%+). 

What we DO know is far more than 100 years ago, but almost nothing compared to thousands of years from now, if we make it that long. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Augie said:

’m the last guy you want math answers from! Ask my (math major) wife!  

What I DO know is……we don’t know squat.

Exactly....that's my point, so I just don't see how one says and believes that any "math" proves anything at all about something we don't know squat about. You see what I'm saying? Lol, I know we are in agreement from reading your post.

I just think it's silly when anyone says proof is there when it's impossible to get proof of anything out of something that nobody knows nothing about

Edited by Sheneneh Jenkins
  • Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Bad Things said:

The saddest, most frustrating thing about all of this is all of the money, time and effort being spent on searching for alien life.

Scientists around the world, working for many organizations are doing so as I type this.

It's a shame that our local know-it-all just doesn't contact them to let them know that they are all wasting their time.

So much wasted effort all because of sitcom math.  smh

Is that your favorite way governments are wasting time and money or are there better ones IYHO?

On 2/17/2022 at 6:44 PM, Augie said:

Obviously, that was a bit of hyperbole. We know a few specs of sand on the beach, for sure. What amazes me the most is how much more there is to learn! We have far more questions than answers, IMO. We really don’t know what dark matter is, and it apparently makes up most of the universe (I’ve read estimates of 85-95%+). 

What we DO know is far more than 100 years ago, but almost nothing compared to thousands of years from now, if we make it that long. 

“Dark matter” ain’t dark and ain’t matter.  It’s the 

manifestation of other dimensions interacting with the ones we can perceive.  A little birdie told me that. 

Edited by Apocalypse Nuts

22 minutes ago, Apocalypse Nuts said:

manifestation of other dimensions interacting with the ones we can perceive.  A little birdie told me that. 

Well, I’ll have what you and your birdie are having! 

• Haha (+1) 1

45 minutes ago, Apocalypse Nuts said:

Doesn’t sound completely ludicrous but…..

1. I doubt a bird would figure that out.  “Birdbrain” is a word for a reason

2. Any thoughts on the galaxies that have been discovered to have no dark matter at all?

26 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

2. Any thoughts on the galaxies that have been discovered to have no dark matter at all?

Yeah the Universe is like really frickin big.

14 hours ago, 4merper4mer said:

Excellent points and excellent question.

I have reached out but apparently said birdie is not available for comment at this time.  Suspiciously convenient if you ask me.

If you were an alien society, and your distant robotic scouts used a wormhole to bring home recordings of earth's TV broadcasts of Star
Trek, would you send humans a peace signal by giving the Hubble telescope a view of something that looked like the Star Ship Enterprise?  Sort of a way of letting mankind know that they intended to follow the "Prime Directive?"

https://www.nasa.gov/image-feature/goddard/2022/hubble-spots-a-starship-shaped-galactic-pair

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

9 hours ago, ICanSleepWhenI'mDead said:

If you were an alien society, and your distant robotic scouts used a wormhole to bring home recordings of earth's TV broadcasts of Star
Trek, would you send humans a peace signal by giving the Hubble telescope a view of something that looked like the Star Ship Enterprise?  Sort of a way of letting mankind know that they intended to follow the "Prime Directive?"

https://www.nasa.gov/image-feature/goddard/2022/hubble-spots-a-starship-shaped-galactic-pair

It’s as logical as anything else claiming intelligent aliens exist.

15 hours ago, ICanSleepWhenI'mDead said:

Lol,  Probably would guess no. Maybe they think humans would be considered a threat, not to said aliens so much as more of a threat to this planet in general. I think humans would be considered a species having too much of a greedy, hateful nature with much stupidity that is far to war happy with weapons that will easily destroy entire planet and all life that's on it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

https://www.yahoo.com/news/redacted-classified-ufo-report-reveals-192324849.html

A classified government report on "Unexplained Aerial Phenomena" shows the U.S. is investigating the shapes of objects sometimes seen by military pilots, and reveals details of the plan to investigate them.

The government has said that UAP "probably lack a single explanation," but that it classifies them into five categories. Those are "airborne clutter," including birds and balloons; "natural atmospheric phenomena," including ice crystals or thermal fluctuations; "USG or industry developmental programs," meaning "classified programs by U.S. entities;" and "foreign adversary systems," from Russia, China or other countries.

There's also a final catch-all "other" category which the government says "we may require additional scientific knowledge to successfully collect on, analyze and characterize.

Neither the classified nor unclassified reports rule out aliens.

• Shocked 1
  • Haha (+1) 1