UFO Found on Ocean Floor?

CosmicBills

Just now, 4merper4mer said:

If your point is that he’s not an idiot because he’s cashing in on fooling dupes into believing aliens exist then you have a right to that opinion.  Me, I think making oneself look like a fool either organically or in pursuit of money qualifies as idiocy.

When it comes down to it your opinion as well as mine changes absolutely nothing. People are going to always believe what they are going to believe and that will never change....

As for calling someone an idiot, that's meaningless also. There's many that think you're an idiot, some think I'm an idiot, although you easily have more that consider you an idiot than I do, main thing is every person always has someone somewhere thinking they're an idiot at some point or other.

• Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Patrick Duffy said:

When it comes down to it your opinion as well as mine changes absolutely nothing. People are going to always believe what they are going to believe and that will never change....

As for calling someone an idiot, that's meaningless also. There's many that think you're an idiot, some think I'm an idiot, although you easily have more that consider you an idiot than I do, main thing is every person always has someone somewhere thinking they're an idiot at some point or other.

I want to be an idiot, too. Is there somewhere special I should sign up, or was I exempted into that class? 

7 minutes ago, Augie said:

I want to be an idiot, too. Is there somewhere special I should sign up, or was I exempted into that class? 

Try Minsk. They have an idiot convention every year. 

image.jpeg.f8e131ceb4fb384e00c618a97e9ff416.jpeg

1 minute ago, K-9 said:

Try Minsk. They have an idiot convention every year. 

image.jpeg.f8e131ceb4fb384e00c618a97e9ff416.jpeg

I bet you can’t pick me out of that crowd. 

No worries, you can trust me. 

BUT, I got this great deal on a horse suit, and…..   🤷‍♂️

16 minutes ago, Patrick Duffy said:

We shouldn’t really care if people think we’re idiots or if they take veiled shots framed as quantity of detractors having meaning.  FWIW I don’t think you being incorrect about this topic makes you an idiot nor do I consider you an idiot at all.  There isn’t a person on Earth that is right about everything.

Avi Loeb, however, is an idiot.

5 minutes ago, Augie said:

I bet you can’t pick me out of that crowd. 

No worries, you can trust me. 

BUT, I got this great deal on a horse suit, and…..   🤷‍♂️

Your stealing Mike’s schtick now?

1 minute ago, 4merper4mer said:

We shouldn’t really care if people think we’re idiots or if they take veiled shots framed as quantity of detractors having meaning.  FWIW I don’t think you being incorrect about this topic makes you an idiot nor do I consider you an idiot at all.  There isn’t a person on Earth that is right about everything.

Avi Loeb, however, is an idiot.

Speaking for myself, it doesn't bother me in the slightest if a person thinks I'm an idiot. They can think anything imaginable about me as much as one wants. 

Regarding the 2nd part in bold, I do like how you slipped in the "me being incorrect" comment lol..... Although I tend to disagree with you, at the same time I can't say for certain what's right or wrong because all that's unknown.

But you're right there isn't a person that's right about everything

11 hours ago, Patrick Duffy said:

Speaking for myself, it doesn't bother me in the slightest if a person thinks I'm an idiot. They can think anything imaginable about me as much as one wants. 

Regarding the 2nd part in bold, I do like how you slipped in the "me being incorrect" comment lol..... Although I tend to disagree with you, at the same time I can't say for certain what's right or wrong because all that's unknown.

But you're right there isn't a person that's right about everything

You fired the first shot with the “more people think you’re an idiot” salvo, I just hit the ball back over the net.

No worries; I’m confident having math on my side even if the majority agrees with you.

On 5/31/2023 at 10:44 AM, 4merper4mer said:

You fired the first shot with the “more people think you’re an idiot” salvo, I just hit the ball back over the net.

No worries; I’m confident having math on my side even if the majority agrees with you.

Lol, well yeah I guess I did, although was meant as "bullsh*ttin with ya" joking sort or way. My line of thought for saying it was all those very many post you do "any update on this" and the same ol constant "math" talk that (lets be honest here) with a concerning amount of determination you use that is wasted each time failing to convince others to change how they view all possibilities that could be from what there is so much unknown about.

Anyways, I thought it's very likely people may have at some point said to themselves, "this idiot again". In any event, no offense intended and sorry if it seemed that way

Edited by Patrick Duffy
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Patrick Duffy said:

Lol, well yeah I guess I did, although was meant as "bullsh*ttin with ya" joking sort or way. My line of thought for saying it was all those very many post you do "any update on this" and the same ol constant "math" talk that (lets be honest here) with a concerning amount of determination you use that is wasted each time failing to convince others to change how they view all possibilities that could be from what there is so much unknown about.

Anyways, I thought it's very likely people may have at some point said to themselves, "this idiot again". In any event, no offense intended and sorry if it seemed that way

No offense taken.  If people that choose to ignore math think I’m an idiot then so be it.  

5 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

No offense taken.  If people that choose to ignore math think I’m an idiot then so be it.  

I believe, somewhere way, way back, you admitted there is not a 0.0000000000000000000% chance you could be wrong. I think “your math” is a bunch of made up $H#^ by someone with an agenda, but if you admit you cannot be 100% sure, you are the one ignoring the math. Just sayin’. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Augie said:

I believe, somewhere way, way back, you admitted there is not a 0.0000000000000000000% chance you could be wrong. I think “your math” is a bunch of made up $H#^ by someone with an agenda, but if you admit you cannot be 100% sure, you are the one ignoring the math. Just sayin’. 

If you’re going to apply that standard so be it.  But don’t turn around and say it’s impossible mathematically to win the Powerball 50,000 times in a row.  If you call that realistic doubt we can disagree.

2 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

If you’re going to apply that standard so be it.  But don’t turn around and say it’s impossible mathematically to win the Powerball 50,000 times in a row.  If you call that realistic doubt we can disagree.

The likelihood of repeatedly winning the Powerball is not hard to calculate. It’s math. You don’t need to make enormous assumptions about things we know so little, if anything, about. That’s where you are going wrong, assuming you know too much….with so much that is unknowable to us. It sounds very pompous, to me. But to each their own. 

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Augie said:

The likelihood of repeatedly winning the Powerball is not hard to calculate. It’s math. You don’t need to make enormous assumptions about things we know so little, if anything, about. That’s where you are going wrong, assuming you know too much….with so much that is unknowable to us. It sounds very pompous, to me. But to each their own. 

There are a lot of things we don’t understand….sure.  But there are also a lot of things that we do understand.  And those things….math….provide enough information from which we can draw conclusions.

5 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

There are a lot of things we don’t understand….sure.  But there are also a lot of things that we do understand.  And those things….math….provide enough information from which we can draw conclusions.

“There are a lot of things we don’t understand”, like what the heck is dark energy or dark matter. They make up 95%+ of the universe, so I’d want to have a clue what that is before I go proclaiming to know how it all works.  You would probably have voted to put Galileo on house arrest. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, Augie said:

“There are a lot of things we don’t understand”, like what the heck is dark energy or dark matter. They make up 95%+ of the universe, so I’d want to have a clue what that is before I go proclaiming to know how it all works.  You would probably have voted to put Galileo on house arrest. 

I’m 100% behind discovery, exploration, study of all things space.  I think you’d be hard pressed to find anything I said indicating otherwise.  YourGalileo comment is way off base and entirely untrue.  

With that said, it is obvious that the search for aliens is either completely a waste or a shell game used to garner support for projects that although worthwhile, might go unfunded without the shiny object chicanery.  I prefer to believe the latter but I know a charlatan when I see one and Avi Loeb and Mitchy Kookoo are charlatans.

11 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

I’m 100% behind discovery, exploration, study of all things space.  I think you’d be hard pressed to find anything I said indicating otherwise.  YourGalileo comment is way off base and entirely untrue.  

With that said, it is obvious that the search for aliens is either completely a waste or a shell game used to garner support for projects that although worthwhile, might go unfunded without the shiny object chicanery.  I prefer to believe the latter but I know a charlatan when I see one and Avi Loeb and Mitchy Kookoo are charlatans.

I have zero idea who those people are that you just referenced. I don’t “read” or “study” this stuff. I’ve done pretty well letting common sense guide much of my life. I’m pretty good at never saying never. 

I’m all for exploring the universe, and no telling what we might find…..like kinda how it works.  🤷‍♂️

Without knowing how it works, it sounds like a very bad idea to be too sure about the little details. 

Edited by Augie
  • Like (+1) 1