UFO Found on Ocean Floor?

CosmicBills

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

So my buddy who is a professor at Stanford said one of his students did a paper on the future fall of humanity and how it could be avoided. The only answer he could come up with is the discovery of life on another planet. He said that was the only thing that could bring humanity together and stop the future collapse of the human race. 

He went on talking about Lions another alpha species and how they would eat their own so the stronger ones could survive if given no other choice. Talks about how as humans we have no threat other than ourselves.  The threat of another alpha race in another galaxy would change our worlds view and be the only thing that could actually bring humanity together. It would make us realize we are more alike and have a bigger threat then ourselves.

We need to find aliens I guess.

• Like (+1) 1

On 12/22/2022 at 12:12 AM, TBBills said:

So my buddy who is a professor at Stanford said one of his students did a paper on the future fall of humanity and how it could be avoided. The only answer he could come up with is the discovery of life on another planet. He said that was the only thing that could bring humanity together and stop the future collapse of the human race. 

He went on talking about Lions another alpha species and how they would eat their own so the stronger ones could survive if given no other choice. Talks about how as humans we have no threat other than ourselves.  The threat of another alpha race in another galaxy would change our worlds view and be the only thing that could actually bring humanity together. It would make us realize we are more alike and have a bigger threat then ourselves.

We need to find aliens I guess.

Apologies if I'm wrong, but isn't that what happens on Star Trek?

Humans don't need to unite against an alien species in order to survive. History show us that this doesn't work. When a superior group meets a lesser one, opportunistic individuals within the lesser group will just take advantage and the infighting will continue. So, the way this would basically look is the aliens would wipe out one of the Earth's super powers and then another super power would make a deal with the aliens and dominate the lesser powers.

We simply need mankind to inhabit outer space and continue to compete for resources around the solar system and beyond in order to survive. We need to continue to explore and eventually in the far, far, far future find another planet to inhabit.

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/24/2023 at 9:48 PM, 4merper4mer said:

Any updates on this?

Is it an update to say that we will only live less than a blink of an eye in the big picture? 

4 hours ago, ICanSleepWhenI'mDead said:

I'm not saying it was aliens, but when the earth's core starts spinning in the opposite direction, you gotta wonder what's happening on the ocean floor . . .

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/earth-inner-core-started-spinning-other-direction-study/

I didn’t click. I was just fine until one day we went to Carowinds with the kids and I got on the tea cups. That day everything changed! Never again! 

Edited by Augie

1 hour ago, Augie said:

Is it an update to say that we will only live less than a blink of an eye in the big picture? 

I didn’t click. I was just fine until one day we went to Carowinds with the kids and I got on the tea cups. That day everything changed! Never again! 

Hang on a sec I’m checking with math……….math says nope.

At least we agree on the tea cups.  No bueno.

6 hours ago, ICanSleepWhenI'mDead said:

I'm not saying it was aliens, but when the earth's core starts spinning in the opposite direction, you gotta wonder what's happening on the ocean floor . . .

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/earth-inner-core-started-spinning-other-direction-study/

These fools still think the Earth has a solid core...

star trek GIF

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone ever read about how 52 factorial is such a big number that it’s likely that no two card deck shuffles in history have resulted in the same sequence of cards?  It’s fascinating and interesting and a fun read if you have the time.

Its also “amateur” when compared to the topic below.  But, but but….there are more stars than grains of sand.  More math:

42 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

Anyone ever read about how 52 factorial is such a big number that it’s likely that no two card deck shuffles in history have resulted in the same sequence of cards?  It’s fascinating and interesting and a fun read if you have the time.

Its also “amateur” when compared to the topic below.  But, but but….there are more stars than grains of sand.  More math:

It presents the foundation underlying the fact that we have no idea what's out there or how many ways life can form. We don't even know how amino acids fold.

1 hour ago, LeGOATski said:

It presents the foundation underlying the fact that we have no idea what's out there or how many ways life can form. We don't even know how amino acids fold.

But we do know there are trillions upon trillions upon trillions of ways they can fold and yet only one of those formed life.  You can twist as increasing the odds aliens exist but in fact, it makes it far far far less likely.  Math.

43 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

No, we don't. That's the point. And we don't even know how it's done. Logic.

Do we know that decks of cards can be shuffled in different ways? Yup.  Why?  Because we’ve seen it.  Do we know that proteins can fold in different ways?  Yup for the same reason.  It may or may not be random….impossible to tell because there are too many possibilities to count, but we do know there are an inconceivable amount of ways it CAN happen and that we’re only aware of one that fosters life.  

Obviously life is possible because it exists here.  It is becoming inescapable that the odds of it happening on a given planet are 1/x where x is a number far far greater than the number of planets in the universe.  That might not be the answer we’d hope for, but it is the answer.

2 hours ago, LeGOATski said:

No, we don't. That's the point. And we don't even know how it's done. Logic.

We don’t know what we don’t know….though some of us seem to think they know. A thousand years ago it was “impossible” for man to walk on the moon or drive remote control science labs around on Mars. Yet here we are. What might we be capable of in, say, a million years? I’m not pompous enough to have any opinion on that. 

The exponential trajectory of our knowledge almost takes my breathe away.