UFO Found on Ocean Floor?

CosmicBills

23 hours ago, ChevyVanMiller said:

UFO spotted over New Mexico by American Airlines pilots.

https://apple.news/AIcV4UO_PQ_2jBFNk6tTh6Q

Apple news?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.foxnews.com/us/fbi-american-airlines-ufo-new-mexico-investigation.amp

The FBI is investigating 

This article is more about predictions of how life originating on earth might evolve over extremely long time spans, but has some discussion of the Fermi paradox if you assume hypothetical alien life evolves in the same manner that the authors hypothesize for life that originated on earth (written by two astrophysicists):

https://nautil.us/issue/97/wonder/if-aliens-exist-heres-how-well-find-them?utm_source=pocket-newtab

On 2/27/2021 at 9:58 AM, 4BillsintheBurgh said:

If someone who knows morse code could please decode what he is saying via blinking, it seems the real message is there. Thanks in advance.

Shoot the messenger.  He used math to disprove silly videos being aliens.

On 2/26/2021 at 5:26 PM, LeGOATski said:

More antigravity machines...

The tech is here.

Has anyone seen The Phenomenon? Cowherd talked about it today. Not for the first time.  He says he’s not into this stuff but has mentioned it multiple times as being interesting and not “kooky”.  Apparently a lot of “legit” people (if politicians can be “legit”) speaking on the subject. It’s on Amazon Prime but didn’t pay the $4.99 today. Thoughts? 

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 2/11/2021 at 10:55 PM, 4merper4mer said:

Math still mathing.  Aliens still not existing.

It's kinda disturbing how much this thread gets to you. I mean it seems like it's living in your head, rent free of course. You have said your thoughts on this and still just keep repeating yourself over and over and over and over. 

People will think or believe what they want. It's not like you're going to change peoples minds anyway and with that being said, it's really weird how you keep repeating yourself with nothing new to offer while yet at times belittling others. It's like you intentionally keep trying to get under the skin of anyone who post a comment in this thread.

Sad really.

Edited by Patrick_Duffy

1 hour ago, Patrick_Duffy said:

It's kinda disturbing how much this thread gets to you. I mean it seems like it's living in your head, rent free of course. You have said your thoughts on this and still just keep repeating yourself over and over and over and over. 

People will think or believe what they want. It's not like you're going to change peoples minds anyway and with that being said, it's really weird how you keep repeating yourself with nothing new to offer while yet at times belittling others. It's like you intentionally keep trying to get under the skin of anyone who post a comment in this thread.

Sad really.

I certainly do not mean to belittle anyone.  

If I’m belittling anything it is exactly what you describe, at least in a way.  You say I’m repeating myself but that’s no more true for me than it is anyone else in the thread.  Silly debunked sighting or theory after silly debunked sighting or theory is the primary makeup of this thread.  When actual facts are introduced, they all point in a direction far far away from aliens.  I guess that means I’m belittling the notion of intelligent aliens too.  I do not intend to belittle anyone personally.

Believing in the existence of intelligent aliens is perfectly fine.  Thinking they exist defies logic if simple math is introduced into the equation.

Please share with me any logic that could make someone think, rather than simply believe, that intelligent aliens exist.  Do it via reply, or if you prefer, show where it has been done in this thread.

I’ll return the favor step by step this time, by asking questions:

1.  What is the most likely way an intelligent alien individual, group, or society explore interstellar space at least initially?  By this I mean actual exploration, not just communication.

If you prefer not to answer, I’ll tell you what I think is the most logical answer to see if you agree or disagree.

51 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

I certainly do not mean to belittle anyone.  

If I’m belittling anything it is exactly what you describe, at least in a way.  You say I’m repeating myself but that’s no more true for me than it is anyone else in the thread.  Silly debunked sighting or theory after silly debunked sighting or theory is the primary makeup of this thread.  When actual facts are introduced, they all point in a direction far far away from aliens.  I guess that means I’m belittling the notion of intelligent aliens too.  I do not intend to belittle anyone personally.

Believing in the existence of intelligent aliens is perfectly fine.  Thinking they exist defies logic if simple math is introduced into the equation.

Please share with me any logic that could make someone think, rather than simply believe, that intelligent aliens exist.  Do it via reply, or if you prefer, show where it has been done in this thread.

I’ll return the favor step by step this time, by asking questions:

1.  What is the most likely way an intelligent alien individual, group, or society explore interstellar space at least initially?  By this I mean actual exploration, not just communication.

If you prefer not to answer, I’ll tell you what I think is the most logical answer to see if you agree or disagree.

Lol, Repeat, repeat, repeat......

8 hours ago, Patrick_Duffy said:

Lol, Repeat, repeat, repeat......

If you are laughing at yourself, that is a positive ability that not everyone possesses.  Congrats.

If laughing at me, it seems odd.  After all you quoted a post of mine that is a month old and accused me of belittling people.  I politely answered it and invited you into a rational discussion.  The question I posed was relatively simple and I’d assert that it should provoke some thought.  Where’s the harm?  I invited you to show evidence for your beliefs.  You could also ask me a question.  Instead it seems you’re avoiding a rational discussion.  

Edited by 4merper4mer

30 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

If you are laughing at yourself, that is a positive ability that everyone possesses.  Congrats.

If laughing at me, it seems odd.  After all you quoted a post of mine that is a month old and accused me of belittling people.  I politely answered it and invited you into a rational discussion.  The question I posed was relatively simple and I’d assert that it should provoke some thought.  Where’s the harm?  I invited you to show evidence for your beliefs.  You could also ask me a question.  Instead it seems you’re avoiding a rational discussion.  

I'm laughing at you. Yeah the point of my original post went over you. All you do is post "math this, math that and call people loons.It's the same things with you. If it gets to you so much, why keep coming to the thread? It obviously bothers you that some people believe and you won't change anyones mind. So why keep the same ol stuff up?

Edited by Patrick_Duffy

1 hour ago, Patrick_Duffy said:

I'm laughing at you. Yeah the point of my original post went over you. All you do is post "math this, math that and call people loons.It's the same things with you. If it gets to you so much, why keep coming to the thread? It obviously bothers you that some people believe and you won't change anyones mind. So why keep the same ol stuff up?

There is no belief that anyone has that bothers me.  That goes for UFOs, leprechauns, unicorns, etc.  I do find that most people with beliefs are willing to examine those beliefs through the lens of available factual information to discern if their beliefs are real.  

You appear to be in the small group that sticks fingers in their ears and sings la la la.  Also fine.  If you are unwilling to examine your UFO beliefs using reality as a measuring stick, then don’t answer my question.  I’d also appreciate if you didn’t accuse me of being somehow disingenuous when you refuse to even scratch at the surface of facts to defend your position.  This is a discussion board.  Opinions differing from yours are allowed and evidence backing up all sides are permissible.  

3 hours ago, 4merper4mer said:

There is no belief that anyone has that bothers me.  That goes for UFOs, leprechauns, unicorns, etc.  I do find that most people with beliefs are willing to examine those beliefs through the lens of available factual information to discern if their beliefs are real.  

You appear to be in the small group that sticks fingers in their ears and sings la la la.  Also fine.  If you are unwilling to examine your UFO beliefs using reality as a measuring stick, then don’t answer my question.  I’d also appreciate if you didn’t accuse me of being somehow disingenuous when you refuse to even scratch at the surface of facts to defend your position.  This is a discussion board.  Opinions differing from yours are allowed and evidence backing up all sides are permissible.  

I think it's quite obvious to myself and many others that has posted in this particular thread that it's simply a waste of time to attempt to have a reasonable discussion with you on the subject. You just keep repeating the same thing over and over, also you get snarky at times and you act like a smartass towards others.

Also I can honestly say I have not seen one person that agrees with you 100%.  If so I definitely missed it and was likely only 1 person, but I doubt it.So guess we're all as you say, "loons" right? I'm willing to go as far as to say that those who do doubt (well a large majority anyways) are at least willing to admit the simple FACT that it anything is possible due to the FACT that there is no way of knowing what is/could be out there. 

But not you, noooooo, all you provide in nearly every post is "the math" from 19 whatever the f. So therefore it's not possible to have a reasonable discussion with you. With that being said, I'm out.

Edited by Patrick_Duffy

3 minutes ago, Patrick_Duffy said:

I think it's quite obvious to myself and many others that has posted in this particular thread that it's simply a waste of time to attempt to have a reasonable discussion with you on the subject. You just keep repeating the same thing over and over, also you get snarky at times and you act like a smartass towards others.

Also I can honestly say I have not seen one person that agrees with you 100%.  If so I definitely missed it and was likely only 1 person, but I doubt it.So guess we're all as you say, "loons" right? I'm willing to go as far as to say that those who do doubt (well a large majority anyways) are at least willing to admit the simple FACT that it anything is possible due to the FACT that there is no way of knowing what is/could be out there. 

But not you, noooooo, all you provide in nearly every post is "the math" from 19 whatever the f. So therefore it's not possible to have a reasonable discussion with you. With that being said, I'm out.

I have called people loons, but not the posters here.  I don’t think you’re a loon.  I think Baker Mayfield is a loon.  I think some of the people who have made videos showing the Navy files as proof are loons.  

There is no way of knowing what is out there?  Then what are all of those telescopes and other devices doing?  Aren’t they collecting data?

There is no way of knowing what could be out there?  That’s simply not true.  We can look at ourselves and extrapolate a bit.  That certainly can provide some theories for what could be out there.  Not everything, but some things.

Honestly you’ve attempted no reasonable discussion at all.  If you had you’d find it pretty easy to have a discussion with me.  When I’ve repeated things, it has been because repeated questions get repeated answers.  

Why not at least try to have a reasonable discussion by answering the one simple question I wrote above?  What is the most likely way an intelligent alien individual, group, or society would explore interstellar space, at least initially?  By this I mean physical exploration, not just sending and receiving signals.  That question is not unreasonable, is it?

11 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

I have called people loons, but not the posters here.  I don’t think you’re a loon.  I think Baker Mayfield is a loon.  I think some of the people who have made videos showing the Navy files as proof are loons.  

There is no way of knowing what is out there?  Then what are all of those telescopes and other devices doing?  Aren’t they collecting data?

There is no way of knowing what could be out there?  That’s simply not true.  We can look at ourselves and extrapolate a bit.  That certainly can provide some theories for what could be out there.  Not everything, but some things.

Honestly you’ve attempted no reasonable discussion at all.  If you had you’d find it pretty easy to have a discussion with me.  When I’ve repeated things, it has been because repeated questions get repeated answers.  

Why not at least try to have a reasonable discussion by answering the one simple question I wrote above?  What is the most likely way an intelligent alien individual, group, or society would explore interstellar space, at least initially?  By this I mean physical exploration, not just sending and receiving signals.  That question is not unreasonable, is it?

I'm gona keep this short as I can because I've already wasted too much of my time with you, at my own fault due to quoting you in the 1st place. Anyway the 1st bold....The telescopes can't see into every single galaxy (assumed that was a no brainer). Even top astronomers has make it clear there's no way of knowing what could be out there, at least no now. Hence why they are always searching.

2nd bold....yes, it's 100% true.

Lastly 3rd bold.....Have attempted to have reasonable discussion with you long ago and as I stated above, it's impossible and a waste of time. So no need to quote me again. You will be the one wasting time this time around.

Edited by Patrick_Duffy

2 hours ago, Patrick_Duffy said:

I'm gona keep this short as I can because I've already wasted too much of my time with you, at my own fault due to quoting you in the 1st place. Anyway the 1st bold....The telescopes can't see into every single galaxy (assumed that was a no brainer). Even top astronomers has make it clear there's no way of knowing what could be out there, at least no now. Hence why they are always searching.

2nd bold....yes, it's 100% true.

Lastly 3rd bold.....Have attempted to have reasonable discussion with you long ago and as I stated above, it's impossible and a waste of time. So no need to quote me again. You will be the one wasting time this time around.

Any objective viewer of today’s discussion can see who has been reasonable and who has not.

The question I asked was not difficult.  You should answer it.  My answer to it is:

The most likely way aliens would initially physically explore beyond their solar system would mirror what we are doing within our....and to a very limited extent beyond ours.  The exploration tools would be mechanical in nature and not manned.  This is because it is far easier to send a device that required neither life support nor propulsion systems required to transport that much bigger payload.  Would you agree in general?

Edited by 4merper4mer

6 hours ago, Patrick_Duffy said:

Just out of curiosity, is there anyone that is familiar and or has posted in this thread that 100% agrees with 4mer? Like really agree with everything he post about this subject? In other words, anyone else that can honestly say that with so much that's unknown in space, and with so many new galaxies and planets being discovered here and there yet also the millions and more that has not been discovered and so much that will never be discovered......

With that being said, can anyone honestly say that there isn't even the slightest possibility that some other intelligent life may be some where in the cosmos out there? Just curious because I have not seen 1 person that really agrees with 4mer to that extent.

The people that I have ever came across that really doesn't think aliens exist have always at least admitted that nobody can be 100% absolutely certain due to the obvious facts stated above about so much that is unknown and so much that will ALWAYS be unknown it's unimaginable. Just wondering, thanks.

Edited by Patrick_Duffy
  • Like (+1) 1