UFO Found on Ocean Floor?

CosmicBills

On 3/5/2020 at 6:43 AM, K-9 said:

Good point about dark energy; that is certainly “something” so perhaps I should have said there is more “distance” between the things in the universe than anything else. 

I can’t agree more that the “potential” for life to exist is certainly abundant throughout the known universe. But you know what they say about potential.

My only point is that I refuse to simply take it on faith (talk about old Popes!?) that life must exist elsewhere until that irrefutable proof Is presented. I don’t want to project in the meantime. 

:beer: 

While not definitive proof of extraterrestrial intelligence or life, certainly this admission by the USN is irrefutable proof that our understanding of physics, aeronautics, and propulsion is pretty narrow: 

We now live in a world where the US government and US Navy have disclosed the presence of advanced technology, not of our own design (most likely) that's come from somewhere -- after 70+ years of outright denials, lies, and smears to attempt to keep that secret from the people. That's a massive shift in our reality that many people didn't even notice or comprehend when it occurred. Partly this seismic shift was softened by decades of mass conditioning to the possibility/likelihood of advanced life somewhere out there in the form of media & entertainment -- people's responses to this change was more "yeah, I knew that already" rather than "holy *****!".

Regardless of how the disclosure went over, we now live in a reality where the US Gov't admits we are not alone on our own planet -- let alone the universe. 

(Makes me wonder what else they've kept from us and why. )

• Like (+1) 1

53 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

While not definitive proof of extraterrestrial intelligence or life, certainly this admission by the USN is irrefutable proof that our understanding of physics, aeronautics, and propulsion is pretty narrow: 

My belief is that our understanding of things is always pretty narrow compared to what we don’t know and is yet to be discovered. 

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

We now live in a world where the US government and US Navy have disclosed the presence of advanced technology, not of our own design (most likely) that's come from somewhere -- after 70+ years of outright denials, lies, and smears to attempt to keep that secret from the people. That's a massive shift in our reality that many people didn't even notice or comprehend when it occurred. Partly this seismic shift was softened by decades of mass conditioning to the possibility/likelihood of advanced life somewhere out there in the form of media & entertainment -- people's responses to this change was more "yeah, I knew that already" rather than "holy *****!".

Regardless of how the disclosure went over, we now live in a reality where the US Gov't admits we are not alone on our own planet -- let alone the universe. 

(Makes me wonder what else they've kept from us and why. )

LOL.....NOW you believe the government?

On the early history of government UFO investigations (also explains why we call them flying saucers and not flying pancakes):

https://www.wired.com/story/how-ufo-sightings-became-an-american-obsession/?utm_source=pocket-newtab

And here's a reprint of the 6/19 "Wired Guide to Aliens" - - my apologies if previously posted - - I had not seen  it  before.

https://www.wired.com/story/wired-guide-aliens/

• Thank you (+1) 1

https://www.newsweek.com/over-100-minor-planets-edge-solar-system-1491894

OVER 100 MINOR PLANETS HAVE BEEN DISCOVERED AT THE EDGE OF THE SOLAR SYSTEM

Astronomers have identified nearly 140 previously unknown minor planets in the outer reaches of the solar system beyond the orbit of Neptune.

An international team of researchers analyzed four year's worth of data collected by the Dark Energy Survey (DES)—an astronomical project aimed at investigating the dynamics of the universe's expansion by imaging the southern sky.

The DES wasn't designed specifically to look for objects such as minor planets, however, the data it has gathered has proven to be especially useful for this task. Minor planets are any astronomical object in orbit around the Sun which are not fully-fledged planets or comets—for example, dwarf planets or asteroids.

Some things just aren't in the places you look   :D

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1