UFO Found on Ocean Floor?

CosmicBills

12 minutes ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

I thought that the two words were 

Affect and Effect 

And I mean that     

literally    :lol:

affect is what something will do. effect is what something has done. but yes, those two words are probably more misused than accept and except.

;)

• Like (+1) 1

18 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

People need to stop giving that guy attention.

He's the worst.

5 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

Excellent.  If you thought it through correctly you've arrived at the conclusion that intelligent life does not exist elsewhere in the universe.  Did you think it through correctly?

Maybe he's thinking outside the box.

Just now, Tiberius said:

Spell it out if its that simple 

There are a few steps; none of them are difficult.  They have been spelled out in this thread.  Rid your analysis of emotion and wishful thinking and voila.

If you want it spelled out the best way to spell it, although not the only way, is...V,o,n,N,e,u,m,a,n

6 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

There are a few steps; none of them are difficult.  They have been spelled out in this thread.  Rid your analysis of emotion and wishful thinking and voila.

If you want it spelled out the best way to spell it, although not the only way, is...V,o,n,N,e,u,m,a,n

What evidence do you have, though? 

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, 4merper4mer said:

You didn't really do your homework did you Sue?

This broken record is really getting old.  Your condescending attitude is getting even older.

You harp on and on about Drake's equation like it's the word of God, whereas it's solely based on estimates, variables and assumptions.

You've repeatedly bumped this thread up the list, only to shut down the conversation by saying "math".

You come across as a total prat.  Do you know how I know this?  Math. 

48 minutes ago, Bad Things said:

This broken record is really getting old.  Your condescending attitude is getting even older.

You harp on and on about Drake's equation like it's the word of God, whereas it's solely based on estimates, variables and assumptions.

You've repeatedly bumped this thread up the list, only to shut down the conversation by saying "math".

You come across as a total prat.  Do you know how I know this?  Math. 

Is prat good down under?

Drake's equation was meant to "hype" the possible existence of intelligent aliens and draw more $$$$$$$$ for the researchers.  At the time it made sense.  As the equation has been filled in with increasingly better data, zeroes have popped up as the product of the equation.  As you're aware, anything times zero equals zero.  It is unclear which factor or factors is a zero, but at least one fits the bill.  Certainly the quantity of planets is not it.  Holy Moly.

I admit I've mocked Drake's equation and stoners who stare at the sky and say "whoa dude that's like really big" but I certainly haven't relied on them.  I've relied on the data.....the math.  If something was there to be found, it is almost inconceivable it wouldn't have been found yet.  Don't rely on me.  Don't rely on Drake.  Don't even rely on Von Neumann or Fermi.  Rely on the results, and the math behind them.

3 hours ago, 4merper4mer said:

Drake's equation was meant to "hype" the possible existence of intelligent aliens and draw more $$$$$$$$ for the researchers.  At the time it made sense.  As the equation has been filled in with increasingly better data, zeroes have popped up as the product of the equation.  As you're aware, anything times zero equals zero.  It is unclear which factor or factors is a zero, but at least one fits the bill.  Certainly the quantity of planets is not it.  Holy Moly.

So this is completely backwards you're assuming the result is zero so therefore there must be something in the equation that causes that. That's more for debating why there isn't intelligent life out there than debating whether there would be.

3 hours ago, 4merper4mer said:

I admit I've mocked Drake's equation and stoners who stare at the sky and say "whoa dude that's like really big" but I certainly haven't relied on them.  I've relied on the data.....the math.  If something was there to be found, it is almost inconceivable it wouldn't have been found yet.  Don't rely on me.  Don't rely on Drake.  Don't even rely on Von Neumann or Fermi.  Rely on the results, and the math behind them.

We haven't even been looking for a hundred years hell we haven't even been around as a species for very long on the scale of life on Earth let alone the Universe. If the signals we've sent out that we ourselves look for to find intelligent life haven't even escaped our own Galaxy how can we possibly think we've looked long or thorough enough to conclude "Whelp now one is there."

Edited by Warcodered
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1