UFO Found on Ocean Floor?

CosmicBills

12 hours ago, LeGOATski said:

I open this thread expecting to read something interesting or bizarre, but it's usually just @4merper4mer saying something dumb. ?

But, I feel like I should contribute more than just that...

http://video.foxnews.com/v/6088215683001/

Kaku did a great job of avoiding that last question. ?

Good ole professor Kookoo keeping his name out there.  Exoplanets?  Really?  Why must he leave out so many pertinent data points?

A top Republican on the House Homeland Security Committee is accusing the Navy of withholding information about reports of unidentified aircraft after officially requesting more data on the mysterious encounters.

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/09/06/navy-withholding-ufo-sightings-1698396

1 hour ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

A top Republican on the House Homeland Security Committee is accusing the Navy of withholding information about reports of unidentified aircraft after officially requesting more data on the mysterious encounters.

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/09/06/navy-withholding-ufo-sightings-1698396

Having read the link, it isn't quite what the headline suggests.

His complaint was that the Navy has not provided detailed information on the threat such things might pose.

Nobody knows what they could do, since nobody knows their potential capability, so how do you respond to such a request?

No story here.

56 minutes ago, sherpa said:

Having read the link, it isn't quite what the headline suggests.

His complaint was that the Navy has not provided detailed information on the threat such things might pose.

Nobody knows what they could do, since nobody knows their potential capability, so how do you respond to such a request?

No story here.

which seems to be the norm with interned stories 

I just copied something relatively new for 4mer 

Just came across this article originally published about 2 years ago and thought some here might find it interesting.  My apologies if previously posted - - I didn't wade through the last 2 years of this thread to check:

https://getpocket.com/explore/item/why-we-ll-have-evidence-of-aliens-if-they-exist-by-2035?utm_source=pocket-newtab

• Like (+1) 1

21 hours ago, ICanSleepWhenI'mDead said:

Just came across this article originally published about 2 years ago and thought some here might find it interesting.  My apologies if previously posted - - I didn't wade through the last 2 years of this thread to check:

https://getpocket.com/explore/item/why-we-ll-have-evidence-of-aliens-if-they-exist-by-2035?utm_source=pocket-newtab

It'll take 15 more years and this doofus will understand sitcom math.

On 11/8/2019 at 7:16 PM, SlimShady'sGhost said:

Watching Ancient Aliens earlier.  

The prime directive.  

do not interfere in the primitive races 

I guess they need better stealth technology 

The Prime Directive sounds great on Star Trek.  I doubt any advanced alien civilizations (or humans if we ever reach beyond Earth) would apply the same high minded approach

I think another Sci-Fi classic should be considered with any potential alien visitation:  War of the Worlds.  The big bad scary aliens came to conquer the Earth but were defeated by microbes and germs

If there is an alien visitation, I suspect Earth is in Quarantine until the visitors know the planets eco-system and existing biology is not harmful to them.

If the visitors are friendly they may also have Earth in Quarantine to protect the existing life from whatever they are carrying.  Look to our own history for an example.  When Europeans arrived the New World, they unknowingly carried with them countless diseases that the Old World had developed a resistance or immunity to.  Diseases that devastated the native populations

When the quarantine period is over, they will make their presence know.  Whether as friends or conquerors remains to be seen

4 hours ago, /dev/null said:

The Prime Directive sounds great on Star Trek.  I doubt any advanced alien civilizations (or humans if we ever reach beyond Earth) would apply the same high minded approach

I think another Sci-Fi classic should be considered with any potential alien visitation:  War of the Worlds.  The big bad scary aliens came to conquer the Earth but were defeated by microbes and germs

If there is an alien visitation, I suspect Earth is in Quarantine until the visitors know the planets eco-system and existing biology is not harmful to them.

If the visitors are friendly they may also have Earth in Quarantine to protect the existing life from whatever they are carrying.  Look to our own history for an example.  When Europeans arrived the New World, they unknowingly carried with them countless diseases that the Old World had developed a resistance or immunity to.  Diseases that devastated the native populations

When the quarantine period is over, they will make their presence know.  Whether as friends or conquerors remains to be seen

If aliens were to exist and try to visit Earth, you have made potentially valid points, but only covered some of these points.

If they are advanced enough to travel the distances involved, they have likely conquered all disease and have the ability to detect and dispatch threats very quickly.   Could they adapt to what must be different gravity, pressure, seasonal cycles, atmosphere and on and on?  I'd think yes, because as complex as all of the above are, the distance issue is still probably tougher.  

Look at all the things we'd have to do to travel beyond our system carrying a human payload.  If it isn't impossible, which it very well may be, it is excruciatingly tough and frankly, likely not worth it.  We could transport future generations with techno guardians so much more easily.  For the generations already born, I could see a space faring craft that is a permanent dwelling but not really going anywhere except away from danger.

Aliens if they existed, which they demonstrably don't, would have the same issues. Von Neumann probes, controlled by AI and carrying DNA codes would already be here if they were ever coming.  They aren't.  Anything carrying a living being would likely be way after that. 

3 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

If they are advanced enough to travel the distances involved, they have likely conquered all disease and have the ability to detect and dispatch threats very quickly.  

I beg to differ

Any civilization advanced enough to travel the distances involved would understand that they have not "conquered all disease and have the ability to detect and dispatch threats very quickly."  They would understand there are variables to measure and study before taking action

6 hours ago, /dev/null said:

I beg to differ

Any civilization advanced enough to travel the distances involved would understand that they have not "conquered all disease and have the ability to detect and dispatch threats very quickly."  They would understand there are variables to measure and study before taking action

They would have technology that rapidly does that.

I think the whole thing is worth a watch, but this is queued to the relevant time that shows the possible source of some sightings. Imagine these swarms, at night, with lights on them.

I came across the video from this article, which is also interesting:

https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zone/29505/the-navys-secretive-nemesis-electronic-warfare-capability-will-change-naval-combat-forever

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On 11/10/2019 at 4:44 PM, /dev/null said:

I don't know if it's an issue for us with isolated tribes then I'd say there is a decent chance it'd be a major issue with Aliens or us if we became interstellar like that.