UFO Found on Ocean Floor?

CosmicBills

14 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Because of this: 

With such an audaciously handsome payoff in mining asteroids, some countries are already offering regulatory and financial incentives. Luxembourg, in 2017, introduced legislation to allow companies with a physical presence in the country to keep any resources they mine from celestial bodies.

The U.S. introduced similar legislation in 2015. And beginning this fall, the Colorado School of Mines will begin offering master’s and doctoral degrees in space resources as well as the world’s first graduate program in the subject.

You need not think the next step in mining asteroids will be easy, or for that matter, cheap. And there are other concerns to think about. It may be decades before we have the technology in place to actually mine an asteroid, and then we will have to think about who owns the lifeless piece of rock.

http://www.digitaljournal.com/tech-and-science/technology/the-race-for-space-is-on-think-asteroid-mining-worth-trillions/article/524405

:beer: 

Reminds me of that time Japan landed a probe on an asteroid (like two months ago)

They're like...."yeah, we're gonna mine this *****"

I wanna get a masters in space resources...

awesome-guy-is-freaking-awesome_o_2738553.jpg

• Haha (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Warcodered said:
33 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

Dude think about what you just wrote.  The yellow dot and the mysteriously advanced technology.  Would this technology magically erase all the previous signals emanating from their origin?

No but the further away they are the more difficult it is to detect them.

But lets not get bogged down in that for the moment lets say that Intelligent isn't super common let's even go as far to say there's one per galaxy or hell every other one. So nearest Galaxy is 2 million light years away so at best if we assume we can accurately detect intelligent life radio signals from that far away then we can assume that either there is nothing there, the civilization there hasn't reached the point where its sending out signals(if that's even necessary for intelligent life), or they've reached the point where they are no longer sending detectable signals(dead or advanced to a point where they communicate with a system we can't detect) at least 2 million years ago. Don't forget we're only receiving the signal whether we can detect it or not only for the span of time that they are sending such signals.

"This is a surprising conclusion," Olson said. "It shows us that conditions on some exoplanets with favorable ocean circulation patterns could be better suited to support life that is more abundant or more active than life on Earth."

Exoplanets could have better conditions for life than Earth, study says

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, Bad Things said:

"This is a surprising conclusion," Olson said. "It shows us that conditions on some exoplanets with favorable ocean circulation patterns could be better suited to support life that is more abundant or more active than life on Earth."

I mean when you think about it in the Earth's own past the environment was different and was capable of supporting life on a massive scale(dinosaurs).

• Like (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, Bad Things said:

I imagine that when we get to the point of clearly identifying habitable planets, we'll want to find one that's just on the cusp of habitation. That way we can influence and accelerate the evolution of life on that planet as much as possible to our own benefit.

Kind of like the engineers in Prometheus...

45 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

I imagine that when we get to the point of clearly identifying habitable planets, we'll want to find one that's just on the cusp of habitation. That way we can influence and accelerate the evolution of life on that planet as much as possible to our own benefit.

Kind of like the engineers in Prometheus...

and... how'd that work out? the Covenant wasn't favorable.

:w00t:

Edited by Foxx
  • Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, /dev/null said:

Andrew Luck's unexpected retirement means you can redirect your time and energy from that crusade into this one ?

Call it a crusade all you want but the truth is the truth.  Luck was good, but was deemed infallible.  There was a gap there.  

The UFO/alien thing has similarities but the "gap" is wider because aliens don't exist and the "U" in UFO is only a U for some.  Some are military, some are imagined, some are fake....lots of things.  None are alien.

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/07/30/navy-mark-walker-ufo-1441105

A top Republican on the House Homeland Security Committee is seeking more details from the Navy on recent reports of "unidentified aerial phenomenon," including what resources it is using to investigate the mysterious sightings and whether it has "found physical evidence or otherwise" to substantiate them.

"Based on pilot accounts, encounters with these UAPs often involved complex flight patterns and advanced maneuvering, which demand extreme advances in quantum mechanics, nuclear science, electromagnetics, and thermodynamics," Rep. Mark Walker of North Carolina, the ranking member of the Intelligence and Counterterrorism Subcommittee, wrote to Navy Secretary Richard Spencer in a newly released letter dated mid-July.

07/30/2019 

Fox News reports (why doesn't Don Believe?)

https://www.foxnews.com/category/science/air-and-space/ufos

(I hate when I cant embed video)

China's lunar rover has found something weird on the moon's far side

China's Chang'e-4 lunar rover has discovered an unusually colored, "gel-like" substance during its exploration activities on the far side of the moon.

The mission's rover, Yutu-2, stumbled on that surprise during lunar day 8. The discovery prompted scientists on the mission to postpone other driving plans for the rover, and instead focus its instruments on trying to figure out what the strange material is.

Day 8 started on July 25; Yutu-2 began navigating a path through an area littered with various small impact craters, with the help and planning of drivers at the Beijing Aerospace Control Center, according to a Yutu-2 "drive diary" published on Aug. 17 by the government-sanctioned Chinese-language publication Our Space, which focuses on space and science communication. ...

Edited by Foxx
  • Thank you (+1) 1