UFO Found on Ocean Floor?

CosmicBills

34 minutes ago, Augie said:

I don’t think I ever took a firm stand. I think there is intelligent life out there. I can’t say for sure. You seemed to take a stand and say that can NOT be the case, IS not the case. I’m a firm believer in never say never. THAT is the catch. Admit it's possible, because you have no way of KNOWING. 

I lean toward yes, you SWEAR no. Do you see the difference? 

I've acknowledged that I left out other dimensions and that I think there is a bit of a case for parallel universes.  If I were close minded, would those things be true?

So I'll give you this:. At the absolute most; in a highly unlikely scenario, there could be an Earth twin,triplet or quadruplets out there, but if so they are are as inconsequential as a tree falling in the woods with no one there to hear it.  It is pointless to look for such a thing and any thought about it has been proven to be a wasted thought.  There is a very high likelihood that if even a very few of these actually existed, we would already know.

2 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

I've acknowledged that I left out other dimensions and that I think there is a bit of a case for parallel universes.  If I were close minded, would those things be true?

So I'll give you this:. At the absolute most; in a highly unlikely scenario, there could be an Earth twin,triplet or quadruplets out there, but if so they are are as inconsequential as a tree falling in the woods with no one there to hear it.  It is pointless to look for such a thing and any thought about it has been proven to be a wasted thought.  There is a very high likelihood that if even a very few of these actually existed, we would already know.

So, your answer is YES. It IS possible. We are making progress, although it’s grudgingly and tedious. 

There ARE other planets in the Goldilocks zone, they are finding them all the time. You have apparently gone from “there is no intelligent life” to “it’s inconsequential.“  Why make this so hard???     ?

4 minutes ago, Augie said:

So, your answer is YES. It IS possible. We are making progress, although it’s grudgingly and tedious. 

There ARE other planets in the Goldilocks zone, they are finding them all the time. You have apparently gone from “there is no intelligent life” to “it’s inconsequential.“  Why make this so hard???     ?

I'm not putting words in your mouth so please don't do that to me.  By inconsequential I mean:

never to be found

never to have any impact on humanity in any way

so pretty much the same as non-existent

The Goldilocks zone?  Shirley you can't be serious.  

27 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

6 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

I'm not putting words in your mouth so please don't do that to me.  By inconsequential I mean:

never to be found

never to have any impact on humanity in any way

so pretty much the same as non-existent

The Goldilocks zone?  Shirley you can't be serious.  

Never to have any impact on OUR humanity is VERY different from not existing. You are unfamiliar with the Goldilocks zone? Close enough to star to be warm enough for life, not so far to be too cold. If you are unfamiliar with the term, you should just read here and not post. I mean that politely, I swear. It’s a very real thing. 

Edited by Augie
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, 4merper4mer said:

I used the word and you misunderstood or changed its meaning.

I do not have the power to change the meaning of a word. If I could wish for a Super Power, that would probably not be high on my list. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, 4merper4mer said:

I used the word and you misunderstood or changed its meaning.

Lol hey. I see you came back again to repeat the same ol *****. Wash rinse repeat. Don't you ever get tired of coming back to this same old thread to repeat yourself over and over. To a thread that you have labeled stupid, loony etc?

Yup, like a dog in heat

14 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Maybe @4merper4mer needs to see the size of the universe video.

It's like really big.

Awesome! We are making progress. I think he has gone from impossible to inconsequential. Now we just need to decide who determines what is inconsequential. I think reality is consequential, so he probably won’t vote for me as arbitrator. 

53 minutes ago, Augie said:

Never to have any impact on OUR humanity is VERY different from not existing. You are unfamiliar with the Goldilocks zone? Close enough to star to be warm enough for life, not so far to be too cold. If you are unfamiliar with the term, you should just read here and not post. I mean that politely, I swear. It’s a very real thing. 

I know full well what the Goldilocks zone represents.  I lol'ed it because it means very little and that has been proven.  It's like saying you can't make a supercollider without aluminum and then saying you're almost done because you bought a roll of Reynolds wrap.

3 minutes ago, Augie said:

Awesome! We are making progress. I think he has gone from impossible to inconsequential. Now we just need to decide who determines what is inconsequential. I think reality is consequential, so he probably won’t vote for me as arbitrator. 

Also an important moment in that video is at around 4:40 that yellow dot is the extant radio transmissions of Earth have traveled Aliens not being in range or us not being in range of Alien radio transmission doesn't seem all that unlikely considering how ridiculously small that dot is.

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Also an important moment in that video is at around 4:40 that yellow dot is the extant radio transmissions of Earth have traveled Aliens not being in range or us not being in range of Alien radio transmission doesn't seem all that unlikely considering how ridiculously small that dot is.

Try thinking from multiple points of view, not just one.

3 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

Try thinking from multiple points of view, not just one.

6 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

I'm beginning to question your math.

Edited by Warcodered

14 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

Dude I'm not asking you to read my mind.  Go back a page or so and watch the Kurzweil video.

Yeah so I watched the video where Kurzweil a computer scientist he makes a ***** load of assumptions. He says what that with a million year head start an alien civilization will of expanded across it's galaxy(just how fast does he think they'd be breeding?), but so what that's one galaxy the video I showed you showed exactly how small a single galaxy is the order of magnitude increased dramatically many times across that video after it reaches the size of a galaxy. Hell he even brings up another point at the end that implies a very significant thing you might be missing, which is what if we're first. It raises so many other questions what if we're second, third, fourth, fifth or hell what if we all started at the same time. He brings up the point that the idea is that half the civilizations are ahead of us and half are behind but that is just a terrible assumption to make. I mean think of it like a bag of marbles if you pick each of them out of the bag and you are seemingly most likely to be picked somewhere in the middle as opposed to the two edges but realistically your just as likely to be picked at any point in the sequence.

Almost forgot he also briefly mentions the idea that after a certain point a civilization might stop using radio transmissions then quickly brushes it aside saying he's sure they'd still be using some we'd be able to detect. but Let's think about that for a second remember that yellow dot in the video I showed you that's the amount of distance our radio waves have traveled since we started sending them. Surely a civilization that expands to the point of traversing the Galaxy(otherwise known as the rest of the picture with that tiny yellow dot) would be using a more advanced faster form of communication it's just obvious when you think about it. Who talks by mail anymore, who sends runners town to town to spread the news radio signals have every chance of completely dying off as a civilization advances.

Some futurist he is.

Edited by Warcodered
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Warcodered said:

Almost forgot he also briefly mentions the idea that after a certain point a civilization might stop using radio transmissions then quickly brushes it aside saying he's sure they'd still be using some we'd be able to detect. but Let's think about that for a second remember that yellow dot in the video I showed you that's the amount of distance our radio waves have traveled since we started sending them. Surely a civilization that expands to the point of traversing the Galaxy(otherwise known as the rest of the picture with that tiny yellow dot) would be using a more advanced faster form of communication it's just obvious when you think about it. Who talks by mail anymore, who sends runners town to town to spread the news radio signals have every chance of completely dying off as a civilization advances.

Some futurist he is.

Dude think about what you just wrote.  The yellow dot and the mysteriously advanced technology.  Would this technology magically erase all the previous signals emanating from their origin?

19 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

Dude think about what you just wrote.  The yellow dot and the mysteriously advanced technology.  Would this technology magically erase all the previous signals emanating from their origin?

No but the further away they are the more difficult it is to detect them.