UFO Found on Ocean Floor?

CosmicBills

I can only speak from my experience.

I don't discount the possibility of "others."

What I do know is that after a lengthy career flying fighters at sea and over land, then airliners everywhere in the world except Africa, adding up to about 28,000 hours, and being with thousands of others who have done the same things, adding up to millions of hours, I have never seen anything that I would consider a UFO, and have never talked to anyone who has.

I know there are a few people who claim to, but I have never met nor talked to anyone who has seen such a thing.

I've seen hundreds of unbelievably remarkable things our solar system displays at night, along with others, who have witnessed the same incredible stuff, and there is a fair amount of chatter on the air to air frequency which we all monitor at night over international airspace,  whether over the oceans, North Pole, Siberia, Amazon Basin or a number of other places, but nothing that couldn't be explained.

That doesn't eliminate the possibility, but I am skeptical, and I was looking.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

If the people of West Virginia believe ..... 

Image result for UFO's seen in West Virginia

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2019/06/19/states-with-the-most-ufo-sightings/39306977/

The five states with the most reported UFO sightings per 100,000 people are all northern states, and three of them – Vermont, New Hampshire, and Maine – are located in New England. By comparison, UFO reports don’t fluctuate much during the year in southern states, where weather and daylight conditions don’t vary as much.

6 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

Any updates on this?

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2019/08/20/space-force-launch-aug-29-vice-president-mike-pence-says/2061062001/

US Space Command will launch this month, ahead of Trump's Space Force

"The United States Space Force will ensure that our nation is prepared to defend our people, defend our interests, and to defend our values in the vast expanse of space and here on Earth with the technologies that will support our common defense for the vast reaches of outer space," Pence said. 

Why, pray tell  would we need to defend our values in the vast expanse of space

Space Command to launch Aug. 29 as Trump's 'Space Force' takes ...

One week from today 

Edited by ShadyBillsFan
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Why, pray tell  would we need to defend our values in the vast expanse of space

Because of this: 

With such an audaciously handsome payoff in mining asteroids, some countries are already offering regulatory and financial incentives. Luxembourg, in 2017, introduced legislation to allow companies with a physical presence in the country to keep any resources they mine from celestial bodies.

The U.S. introduced similar legislation in 2015. And beginning this fall, the Colorado School of Mines will begin offering master’s and doctoral degrees in space resources as well as the world’s first graduate program in the subject.

You need not think the next step in mining asteroids will be easy, or for that matter, cheap. And there are other concerns to think about. It may be decades before we have the technology in place to actually mine an asteroid, and then we will have to think about who owns the lifeless piece of rock.

http://www.digitaljournal.com/tech-and-science/technology/the-race-for-space-is-on-think-asteroid-mining-worth-trillions/article/524405

:beer: 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Because of this: 

With such an audaciously handsome payoff in mining asteroids, some countries are already offering regulatory and financial incentives. Luxembourg, in 2017, introduced legislation to allow companies with a physical presence in the country to keep any resources they mine from celestial bodies.

The U.S. introduced similar legislation in 2015. And beginning this fall, the Colorado School of Mines will begin offering master’s and doctoral degrees in space resources as well as the world’s first graduate program in the subject.

You need not think the next step in mining asteroids will be easy, or for that matter, cheap. And there are other concerns to think about. It may be decades before we have the technology in place to actually mine an asteroid, and then we will have to think about who owns the lifeless piece of rock.

http://www.digitaljournal.com/tech-and-science/technology/the-race-for-space-is-on-think-asteroid-mining-worth-trillions/article/524405

:beer: 

Occum's Shaver wins.  Again.

It's not aliens.  Ever.

It's not aliens because there aren't any.  That doesn't mean exploring space is folly.  Far from it.  Yes looking for alien signals has become as silly as looking for leprechauns, but exploring space itself is the destiny of our species.  More accurately, it is exploration or extinction.  All of the things you mention above are part of that process.

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

Occum's Shaver wins.  Again.

It's not aliens.  Ever.

It's not aliens because there aren't any.  That doesn't mean exploring space is folly.  Far from it.  Yes looking for alien signals has become as silly as looking for leprechauns, but exploring space itself is the destiny of our species.  More accurately, it is exploration or extinction.  All of the things you mention above are part of that process.

The bolded is true for any sentient species with technological prowess. 

And considering the young age of our planet compared to other parts of the known universe (let alone the unknown bits), it's safe to say many other civilizations have walked that path to become interstellar. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Deranged Rhino said:

And considering the young age of our planet compared to other parts of the known universe (let alone the unknown bits), it's safe to say many other civilizations have walked that path to become interstellar. 

If WE do it ...... Why not them?  

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Actually, it's safe to say that no other civilizations have walked that path.

1 hour ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

How does one explain the same style of building construction in different parts of the world when travel between each place was near impossible at the time?? 

I wander what the math says 

well duh... sitcom maths.

and all that...

Edited by Foxx
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

How does one explain the same style of building construction in different parts of the world when travel between each place was near impossible at the time?? 

I wander what the math says 

It had to be aliens I suppose.  Here's some more math.  It's basic Fermi stuff but I'm sure I just don't understand how big everything is, amirite?

33 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

It had to be aliens I suppose.  Here's some more math.  It's basic Fermi stuff but I'm sure I just don't understand how big everything is, amirite?

A) No

B) Yes

Did you even listen to this? He admits he’s biased, and speaks constantly of statistical probabilities. He basically says intelligent life is rare, and that’s why SETI has a hard time finding it. The universe is indeed a big place. You did yourself no favors there. It took me 17 minutes of my life, but that much is clear. 

?

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Augie said:

A) No

B) Yes

Did you even listen to this? He admits he’s biased, and speaks constantly of statistical probabilities. He basically says intelligent life is rare, and that’s why SETI has a hard time finding it. The universe is indeed a big place. You did yourself no favors there. It took me 17 minutes of my life, but that much is clear. 

?

He pointed out three highly unusual things about Earth.  These are three things out of hundreds that are highly unusual.  It would seem those hundreds of very rare things make our circumstances inconcevably unusual.  The utter lack of any signal whatsoever from the trillions collected from all directions and times in space corroborates his conclusion.  

If he is biased, he is biased by data.  Others are biased by wishful thinking, misplaced spirituality, laziness or profit motive.  Good luck getting them to admit that.

3 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

He pointed out three highly unusual things about Earth.  These are three things out of hundreds that are highly unusual.  It would seem those hundreds of very rare things make our circumstances inconcevably unusual.  The utter lack of any signal whatsoever from the trillions collected from all directions and times in space corroborates his conclusion.  

If he is biased, he is biased by data.  Others are biased by wishful thinking, misplaced spirituality, laziness or profit motive.  Good luck getting them to admit that.

Oh, please.....YOUR own biased “expert” said they haven’t found anything yet because it’s a big place and it’s rare. That means your expert says it exists. HE said that! He also said we’ve been looking for 54 years......out of 13.8 BILLION YEARS.  That’s far less than one eye blink over my life time. 

3 minutes ago, Augie said:

Oh, please.....YOUR own biased “expert” said they haven’t found anything yet because it’s a big place and it’s rare. That means your expert says it exists. HE said that! He also said we’ve been looking for 54 years......out of 13.8 BILLION YEARS.  That’s far less than one eye blink over my life time. 

What many fail to grasp is that we haven't been looking for 54 years.  We've been looking for all 13.8 billion.  If you think about it you will understand why.

He is far from my expert.  Today was the first time I've ever seen or heard him.  At this very moment I don't even recall his name.  But his name doesn't matter.  Facts matter.

As long as you brought up experts I'll ask if you prefer experts on any topic to use all the facts or just the ones that point in the direction they prefer.  I think everyone would prefer the universe to be teeming with life and include myself in that group.  "Whoa dude, it's like really big" is so far the only thing pointing in that direction.  Everything else points away.

10 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

What many fail to grasp is that we haven't been looking for 54 years.  We've been looking for all 13.8 billion.  If you think about it you will understand why.

He is far from my expert.  Today was the first time I've ever seen or heard him.  At this very moment I don't even recall his name.  But his name doesn't matter.  Facts matter.

As long as you brought up experts I'll ask if you prefer experts on any topic to use all the facts or just the ones that point in the direction they prefer.  I think everyone would prefer the universe to be teeming with life and include myself in that group.  "Whoa dude, it's like really big" is so far the only thing pointing in that direction.  Everything else points away.

I don’t think I ever took a firm stand. I think there is intelligent life out there. I can’t say for sure. You seemed to take a stand and say that can NOT be the case, IS not the case. I’m a firm believer in never say never. THAT is the catch. Admit it's possible, because you have no way of KNOWING. 

I lean toward yes, you SWEAR no. Do you see the difference? 

• Like (+1) 1