UFO Found on Ocean Floor?

CosmicBills

1 hour ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

The Milky Way Ate Another Galaxy 10 Billion Years Ago—And We Now Know More About This Cosmic Cannibalism Event

Ten billion years ago, the Milky Way gobbled up another galaxy, creating the cosmic structure our solar system sits in today. By analyzing the age …

But when do we get more about the exploded planet hypothesis? 

:ph34r:

• Haha (+1) 1

While the notion of UFOs, even if fun, has been proven silly, there are other things that are mysterious and might actually be real.  

Something that may someday be proven silly, but hasn't been yet, is the possibility of parallel universes.  Oversimplified , it states that everything we do, every decision, creates a new universe heading in a slightly different directions.  All possible universes would exist.  A universe where you have won every single Powerball drawing is out there somewhere.  Craaaaaaaaaazy but mathematically possible.  I'm not sure I believe it but, unlike communicating aliens existing in this universe, it hasn't been disproven.  I just find it hard to imagine a universe in which Jerry Sullivan wrote a positive article about the Bills.  I just don't see it.

Thoughts?

10 hours ago, 4merper4mer said:

While the notion of UFOs, even if fun, has been proven silly, there are other things that are mysterious and might actually be real.  

Something that may someday be proven silly, but hasn't been yet, is the possibility of parallel universes.  Oversimplified , it states that everything we do, every decision, creates a new universe heading in a slightly different directions.  All possible universes would exist.  A universe where you have won every single Powerball drawing is out there somewhere.  Craaaaaaaaaazy but mathematically possible.  I'm not sure I believe it but, unlike communicating aliens existing in this universe, it hasn't been disproven.  I just find it hard to imagine a universe in which Jerry Sullivan wrote a positive article about the Bills.  I just don't see it.

Thoughts?

...doesn't that mean in one of those alternate realities aliens and or UFO's exist even if they don't in this one? Then wouldn't that mean the idea of UFO's and or Aliens has been proven at most only as silly as this possibility of parallel universes?

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Warcodered said:

...doesn't that mean in one of those alternate realities aliens and or UFO's exist even if they don't in this one? Then wouldn't that mean the idea of UFO's and or Aliens has been proven at most only as silly as this possibility of parallel universes?

Intelligent aliens do not exist in this universe.  Full stop.

Parallel universes may or may not exist.  If they do, they may or may not include aliens.  The method of split between universes, also unknown, may generate finite or infinite numbers.  I can imagine these universes including aliens only, humans only, humans and aliens, being totally lifeless and other possibilities including having gone extinct.  

My guess; and it is a guess, is that we may one day be able to prove their improbability or likelihood but never the actual content within them.  This could be wrong but is my best guess. It is unrelated to the content of this universe which includes no aliens.

I do find it interesting to ponder what would create a "split" and what would not.  Before life existed was there only one universe full of inanimate objects bouncing around?  Were these splits only generated by the action of beings exhibiting some sort of free will? If so, is that because it is all a simulation?  If not is it because of something else that causes inanimate objects to act differently despite identical conditions?  These are all interesting to me and worthy of investigation.  

The concept of aliens existing in this universe is boring and worth not a cent of further inquiry.  That doesn't mean stop studying the universe at all.  It means stop looking for something you'll never find.

53 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

Parallel universes may or may not exist.  

the irony. 

6 hours ago, Warcodered said:

/ Argument

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

as I stated before 

Many math "equations/ideas" have been proven wrong over time.   there is too vast of a universe to definitively say other intelligent life does not exist. 

Lack of proof is not proof. 

If one has Pi in an equation .....  to what decimal point does the math equation use?  

2 decimal points? 3, 5, 10, or the 2.7 trillionth digit?

17 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

as I stated before 

Many math "equations/ideas" have been proven wrong over time.   there is too vast of a universe to definitively say other intelligent life does not exist. 

Lack of proof is not proof. 

If one has Pi in an equation .....  to what decimal point does the math equation use?  

2 decimal points? 3, 5, 10, or the 2.7 trillionth digit?

On 7/24/2019 at 4:46 AM, 4merper4mer said:

Parallel universes may or may not exist.  If they do, they may or may not include aliens.

So I'm right then...?

I do find it interesting to ponder what would create a "split" and what would not.  Before life existed was there only one universe full of inanimate objects bouncing around?  Were these splits only generated by the action of beings exhibiting some sort of free will? If so, is that because it is all a simulation?  If not is it because of something else that causes inanimate objects to act differently despite identical conditions?  These are all interesting to me and worthy of investigation.  

Seems like science as it gets further from what we can see and prove basically becomes philosophy.

The concept of aliens existing in this universe is boring and worth not a cent of further inquiry.  That doesn't mean stop studying the universe at all.  It means stop looking for something you'll never find.

? Why would the existence of Aliens be boring that doesn't make a lot of sense. Also you keeps saying math makes you right what math?

1 hour ago, Warcodered said:

So I'm right then...?

Seems like science as it gets further from what we can see and prove basically becomes philosophy.

? Why would the existence of Aliens be boring that doesn't make a lot of sense. Also you keeps saying math makes you right what math?

OMG....can we just stop? Not just you, @Warcodered, but all involved. I mean well when I say this.

Stop asking about the maths. Stop feeding the trolls.

This thread is for supernatural/sci-fi/fantasy news and stuff. It's supposed to be fun.

Have a beer, a smoke, and have fun.

Yeah...yeah..."don't worry, it's just a fun debate"....

No, it's not.

You're just trying to one-up the other guy and it's annoying for the rest of us having to sift through it.

7 hours ago, Warcodered said:

1. So I'm right then...?

2. Seems like science as it gets further from what we can see and prove basically becomes philosophy.

? 3.Why would the existence of Aliens be boring that doesn't make a lot of sense. Also you keeps saying math makes you right what math?

1. Not really,. My statements about aliens apply to this universe only.

2. Sure.  But science can prove a lot of things.  Parallel universes may some day be among those things even if we never see them.

3.  Aliens wouldn't be boring.  Neither would rainbow farting unicorns.  Neither exist.  The math spelling that out is in this thread.  Some people don't grasp it.  Others grasp it but deny it because they want to smoke pot and ponder like the comment above describes.  That's harmless I guess but math is math whether sober or stoned.