UFO Found on Ocean Floor?

CosmicBills

2 hours ago, Foxx said:

universe sure has it's sense of humor doesn't it, @4merper4mer.

this puts a serious dent in your hypothesis.

Dude.  You're lost.

If it is a fake commie ploy then it does nothing either way.  If it is real, it is another few gallons in the ocean of evidence that there is nothing out there.  The concept isn't really hard to grasp once you let go of your wishful thinking.

18 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

Dude.  You're lost.

If it is a fake commie ploy then it does nothing either way.  If it is real, it is another few gallons in the ocean of evidence that there is nothing out there.  The concept isn't really hard to grasp once you let go of your wishful thinking.

holy crap. 

i hate to break it to you, but you are the one who is lost here. the fact that this as been achieved by mankind completely blows a hole right through your sitcom maths. are you that blind you can't see it? it's that or possibly you have no idea what was achieved.

Edited by Foxx
  • Thank you (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Foxx said:

holy crap. 

i hate to break it to you, but you are the one who is lost here. the fact that this as been achieved by mankind completely blows a hole right through your sitcom maths. are you that blind you can't see it? it's that or possibly you have no idea what was achieved.

Dude if it's real it bolsters sitcom math.  Just take a minute, look at the formula Sheldon made famous, think using your brain instead of your emotions, and rid yourself of that nagging feeling that you're being silly.

7 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

Dude if it's real it bolsters sitcom math.  Just take a minute, look at the formula Sheldon made famous, think using your brain instead of your emotions, and rid yourself of that nagging feeling that you're being silly.

i'm talking about your sitcom maths.

that article validates my stance and Duffy's and everyone else who called you on your ill formed formula.

again, i'm thinking you have absolutely no idea, whatsoever it is saying about your equation.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Foxx said:

i'm talking about your sitcom maths.

that article validates my stance and Duffy's and everyone else who called you on your ill formed formula.

again, i'm thinking you have absolutely no idea, whatsoever it is saying about your equation.

Dude, take a step back and get a semblance of a grip.

I have no equation.  It is called Drake's equation and was used on a sitcom to convince morons that aliens are likely to be out there, which they are not.

8 hours ago, 4merper4mer said:

Dude, take a step back and get a semblance of a grip.

I have no equation.  It is called Drake's equation and was used on a sitcom to convince morons that aliens are likely to be out there, which they are not.

gotcha. it's okay that you have no understanding whatsoever of what this means for your formula.

• Thank you (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, Foxx said:

gotcha. it's okay that you have no understanding whatsoever of what this means for your formula.

Given I don't have a formula, it can't mean much can it?  I do understand the components of sitcom math and the solution to that equation.  

Spoiler alert: the end is "= 0"

20 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

Given I don't have a formula, it can't mean much can it?  I do understand the components of sitcom math and the solution to that equation.  

Spoiler alert: the end is "= 0"

you're being disingenuous.

you obviously have a formula that supports your stance. unless of course you're pulling your claims out of your backside.

• Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, Foxx said:

you're being disingenuous.

you obviously have a formula that supports your stance. unless of course you're pulling your claims out of your backside.

Sitcom math is the only necessary formula.  It is a relatively simple equation as well.  If undertaken with objectivity and with a little thought about each component it is inevitable that the solution to it is zero.

It is clear that you and your pinheaded partner either have issues with objectivity, math or both.  Objectivity seems to be the most likely culprit.

Note that sitcom math applies only to our universe, not to other dimensions or possible parallel universes.  It is clear from the formula that our universe is extremely unlikely to harbor other intelligent life.  Divert to the parallel if you'd like but be aware that it makes you look foolish.

3 hours ago, 4merper4mer said:

Sitcom math is the only necessary formula.  It is a relatively simple equation as well.  If undertaken with objectivity and with a little thought about each component it is inevitable that the solution to it is zero.

It is clear that you and your pinheaded partner either have issues with objectivity, math or both.  Objectivity seems to be the most likely culprit.

Note that sitcom math applies only to our universe, not to other dimensions or possible parallel universes.  It is clear from the formula that our universe is extremely unlikely to harbor other intelligent life.  Divert to the parallel if you'd like but be aware that it makes you look foolish.

So ignorant that you have to continue to insult people who don't agree with your "think"I know it all ways and your " I know everything about the universe and space" ignorant comments.

You're the one making yourself look foolish when all you can do is insult, it's pathetic. I was going to start insulting you back, but figured what's the point, I'd rather not stoop to your ignorant level.

People have attempted to have a general conversation but you, throughout this whole thread I've noticed, have just continued to insult. If that's all you can do, stay the ***** out the thread because you contribute absolutely nothing.

You DON'T know ***** that's out there. I DON'T know ***** that's out there, that's FACT. Stop acting as if you do because again, it  makes YOU look foolish.

10 hours ago, Hedge said:

That last sentence in the video, hmm...

Buzz knows what's up... (he's been to Antarctica as well as the moon). 

3 hours ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

whats that crazy teleprompter reading old fool saying? 

An Alliance with whom

I would assume he means a global, Earth based alliance rather than the competition we saw in the 60s/70s.

But I'm hoping @/dev/null is closer to the truth ;) 

Also -- because it's the anniversary week -- here's Buzz introducing a moon-landing-is-a-hoax conspiracy theorist to his jab.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Patrick_Duffy said:

So ignorant that you have to continue to insult people who don't agree with your "think"I know it all ways and your " I know everything about the universe and space" ignorant comments.

You're the one making yourself look foolish when all you can do is insult, it's pathetic. I was going to start insulting you back, but figured what's the point, I'd rather not stoop to your ignorant level.

People have attempted to have a general conversation but you, throughout this whole thread I've noticed, have just continued to insult. If that's all you can do, stay the ***** out the thread because you contribute absolutely nothing.

You DON'T know ***** that's out there. I DON'T know ***** that's out there, that's FACT. Stop acting as if you do because again, it  makes YOU look foolish.

I was really more going for alliteration than insult.  I admit it has been frustrating to see you write things implying I claim to know everything about the universe.  I claim no such knowledge and never have.  Your implication that I've made this claim is also an insult of sorts so glass houses dude.

Have you once bothered to objectively look at the sitcom math equation in an effort to understand what I'm saying?  Be honest.  I doubt you have because if you had you'd have come back at me with something specific either agreeing or attempting to refute.

Having a general conversation is fine and fun but it is ok to get specific too.  That's why they call it a conversation.  I said something you didn't want to hear and pointed to objective mathematical demonstrations of that.  You didn't even bother to look and told me I don't know anything.  I'm not insulted by that but some thinner skinned people might be.  I do view it as short sighted on your part to not even bother to look.  Pinhead was probably out of line but "pinheaded partner" sounded better than "shortsighted partner".  Maybe "shortsighted sidekick" is a compromise.

19 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

I was really more going for alliteration than insult.  I admit it has been frustrating to see you write things implying I claim to know everything about the universe.  I claim no such knowledge and never have.  Your implication that I've made this claim is also an insult of sorts so glass houses dude.

Have you once bothered to objectively look at the sitcom math equation in an effort to understand what I'm saying?  Be honest.  I doubt you have because if you had you'd have come back at me with something specific either agreeing or attempting to refute.

Having a general conversation is fine and fun but it is ok to get specific too.  That's why they call it a conversation.  I said something you didn't want to hear and pointed to objective mathematical demonstrations of that.  You didn't even bother to look and told me I don't know anything.  I'm not insulted by that but some thinner skinned people might be.  I do view it as short sighted on your part to not even bother to look.  Pinhead was probably out of line but "pinheaded partner" sounded better than "shortsighted partner".  Maybe "shortsighted sidekick" is a compromise.

No, once again it's the other way. People have picked through your  "know it all" post and you just don't like it.We think YOU are the one that's as you say "short sighted".

In any event, lets just say we disagree and will ALWAYS disagree, until there is actually HARD PROOF in one way other.  So how bout lets just leave it at that and no more of your snarky, insulting post and I will stop my "smartass snarky" post as well.

Agreed?

3 minutes ago, Patrick_Duffy said:

No, once again it's the other way. People have picked through your  "know it all" post and you just don't like it.We think YOU are the one that's as you say "short sighted".

In any event, lets just say we disagree and will ALWAYS disagree, until there is actually HARD PROOF in one way other.  So how bout lets just leave it at that and no more of your snarky, insulting post and I will stop my "smartass snarky" post as well.

Agreed?

You don't need to lie.  No one has "picked through" my calculation that the sitcom math equation ends in =0 with anything but emotion.  There has been nary a number used to refute that.  There have been a lot of words and bluster and emotion as people hold on to their wishes....but no numbers.

There is every opportunity to pick through my evaluation and show that it is wrong.  Why do you think that hasn't been done?  Why haven't you done it?  I suspect, but don't know, that people have looked at it and given up.  Have you?

I agree that insults of posters aren't necessary.  Insulting a post is different as sometimes it can help get the point across.  Sometimes the line between the two is blurry and can get crossed.  It's not my intent to cross it.

1 hour ago, 4merper4mer said:

You don't need to lie.  No one has "picked through" my calculation that the sitcom math equation ends in =0 with anything but emotion.  There has been nary a number used to refute that.  There have been a lot of words and bluster and emotion as people hold on to their wishes....but no numbers.

There is every opportunity to pick through my evaluation and show that it is wrong.  Why do you think that hasn't been done?  Why haven't you done it?  I suspect, but don't know, that people have looked at it and given up.  Have you?

I agree that insults of posters aren't necessary.  Insulting a post is different as sometimes it can help get the point across.  Sometimes the line between the two is blurry and can get crossed.  It's not my intent to cross it.

Again,itmeans absolutely nothing as far as proof. The calculations are limited(which I have already shown in another post) which you continue to ignore. You can keep believing that in your world. That's fine. Means nothing from a scientific standpoint, and proves nothing. Key word "proves".

So once again, we will disagree. So leave it at that.

Edited by Patrick_Duffy

47 minutes ago, Patrick_Duffy said:

Again,itmeans absolutely nothing as far as proof. The calculations are limited(which I have already shown in another post) which you continue to ignore. You can keep believing that in your world. That's fine. Means nothing from a scientific standpoint, and proves nothing. Key word "proves".

So once again, we will disagree. So leave it at that.

That was less than specific.  I don't recall you showing anything about the calculations in any post.  Did you use numbers or feelings?  Can you link it?

The equation is meant to produce a very high number at the end.  The equation itself flows very well logically.  It should help your case.  Try filling in some numbers to see what you get.

Unfortunately a billion times a billion times a billion times a billion times zero is......zero.

8 hours ago, 4merper4mer said:

i am aware of Drake's Equation. are you aware that the original equation was revised, downward to more closely align with your preconceived notions?

i like to think i am pretty objective and i have always been quite good with math. in fact if it weren't for an incident out of my control, i might have had a very different life that focused on math but that is another matter entirely.

Definitions ofobjectivity

njudgment based on observable phenomena and uninfluenced by emotions or personal prejudices

using the above definition, it is my opinion that you seem to be the one lacking any semblance of subjectivity here. you are married to your sitcom maths and any argument to the contrary, no matter the context, you reject it out of hand.

lets try to break it down a little so perhaps you can gain a better understanding of my position.

there is one constant in any equation, it requires that each and every variable be true in order for the arrived upon solution to be correct and unimpeachable. would you agree with this? of course you would, you have to if you understand any maths at all. here is where my perceived problem stems from. i believe that, at a minimum, one or more of the variables in Drakes Equation are wrong. to illustrate this, and what i have been trying to get through to you is, the Time magazine article just upends the whole equation by Drake, all by itself.

if you care to stop being disingenuous and have a conversation about the implications here, we can do so. otherwise... well, i don't know what to say other than to have a nice day and i will bid you adieu.

Edited by Foxx
  • Awesome! (+1) 1