UFO Found on Ocean Floor?

CosmicBills

1 hour ago, Foxx said:

what is this, sitcom maths?

All 4000 of those planets have been established to have no chance whatsoever of harboring intelligent life.  The charlatans have said stuff like "this one is 96% Earth like" while not mentioning the "other 4%" is something that totally precludes life.  In truth they are less Earth like than Venus.  Everything that has been found has shown Earth and our solar system to be wildly different than any other known orb and domain.

The stuff they are finding is really cool but it demonstrates what has been obvious for some time now,. Sitcom math is another demonstration of the same thing.  The only case made for intelligent life existing elsewhere is "but there is so much stuff".  It's too bad that "stuff" is nothing like Earth and than none of it has ever sent a signal.

45 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

Lol we have literally looked in an infinite number of places and times.

lol no we haven't. We have only looked as far as our technology as of right now has allowed us to look thus far. Also they are still looking and no telling what else they may find further in the future.

Edited by Patrick_Duffy
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Patrick_Duffy said:

lol no we haven't. We have only looked as far as our technology as of right now has allowed us to look thus far. Also they are still looking and no telling what else they may find further in the future.

Lol we can literally see almost back to the Big Bang.  That is what our current technology has allowed.

10 hours ago, 4merper4mer said:

Lol we have literally looked in an infinite number of places and times.

Hmmm... I could be wrong, but I don't think you truly understand the definition of the words

1. "literally"

2.  "Infinite"

• Thank you (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Bad Things said:

Hmmm... I could be wrong, but I don't think you truly understand the definition of the words

1. "literally"

2.  "Infinite"

You are correct.  The word effectively belongs where literally was placed.  Sorry about that.

The overall point is that more than enough data has been collected and analyzed to show that the universe is not "teeming with intelligent life" nor is it a place where intelligent life can be anything other than immeasurably scarce and highly likely to remain unknown forever if it exists at all.  If it were common or even uncommon, we'd have found it in the effectively infinite data we've searched.  

Imagine looking for the elephant in the room and entering the door only to see four walls.  What kind of clear thinking person keeps looking?   How about walking outside and staying dry for a full minute yet believing you're standing in the middle of a rainstorm?  That might be a better analogy. 

Now I'm not saying looking to the stars to understand the universe is a bad idea.  We need a deeper understanding because in a few billion years Earth is toast.  It is beginning to look like our progeny would need to construct an artificial haven or make huge changes elsewhere but we still need to learn much more.  Every second spent looking for non-existent cousins is for entertainment purposes, a scam for funding, or a waste of science.

8 hours ago, 4merper4mer said:

Lol we can literally see almost back to the Big Bang.  That is what our current technology has allowed.

Wow, just wow.  Um k,  yeah I guess it all stops at that then. There is no more of this so called "universe". It stops there. Lol, it tickles me that you think they have explored all there is to explore and it's a wrap, they are finished. When it's actually the complete opposite.

But you keep doing you bud, have at it. smh

Edited by Patrick_Duffy

Just now, Patrick_Duffy said:

Wow, just wow.  Um k,  yeah I guess it all stops at that then. There is no more of this so called "universe". It stops there. Lol, it tickles me that you think they have explored all there is to explore and it's a wrap, they are finished. When it's actually the complete opposite.

But you keep doing you bud, have at it. ?

Wow that's way off in a lot of ways.

This is the UFO/alien thread.  That has been a wrap for some time now or at least should have been.

This is not an exploration thread and exploration is by no means a wrap as I stated very clearly in my reply to BT.

4 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

Wow that's way off in a lot of ways.

This is the UFO/alien thread.  That has been a wrap for some time now or at least should have been.

This is not an exploration thread and exploration is by no means a wrap as I stated very clearly in my reply to BT.

First off I know what kind of thread it is, second, I see you missed the point once again. Point is they are/will keep looking, technology will get more advanced as years go by, so in which case, the more they can explore and the more they will be able to explore when the technology advances MAY lead to them discovering those kinds of things.

It's that simple. And btw, it's not a math thread either.

Edited by Patrick_Duffy

1 minute ago, Patrick_Duffy said:

First off I know what kind of thread it is, second, I see you missed the point once again. Point is they are/will keep looking, technology will get more advanced as years go by, so in which case, the more they can explore and the more they will be able to explore when the technology advances MAY lead to them discovering those kinds of things.

It's that simple.

It's even more simple than that which is the part you fail to grasp.

• Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Patrick_Duffy said:

lol, um no, it's the complete opposite, once again.  ?

A few concepts you may want to study before commenting again:

1. The size of the universe

2. The speed of light

3. Time

there are more but those are the basics.  You won't need to master them completely. A grasp of the high level basics will suffice.

Just now, 4merper4mer said:

A few concepts you may want to study before commenting again:

1. The size of the universe

2. The speed of light

3. Time

there are more but those are the basics.  You won't need to master them completely. A grasp of the high level basics will suffice.

lol, I will once again resort to my original comment which is pure fact. They have not found any proof in one way or another. So all is speculation.

Maybe you should invest your time into that before you post again. Actually scratch that, I'm enjoying all of your post about this. I do really get a good laugh. And thanks for that btw

Just now, ShadyBillsFan said:

It's ALL about the math until a random genius takes a look and finds a fatal flaw in the equation

Exactly, that and here I can play that game too.....

It's alll about the science!!!!

lol, see I can play that game too.