Adrian Peterson..."modern day slavery"

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a knucklehead...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/03/15/adrian-peterson-slavery-nfl_n_836090.html

"It's modern-day slavery, you know? People kind of laugh at that, but there are people working at regular jobs who get treated the same way, too. With all the money," Peterson continued. "The owners are trying to get a different percentage, and bring in more money."

maybe he should get a real job or a minimum wage job and see how that feels compared to his "Slavery". His ancestors would take him to the whipping post if they heard him making comments like that to show how him real slaves get treated for mouthing off.

The only thing funnier than the fact that the story was linked to the Huffington Post is the fact that so many of the HuffPost readers explaining in the comments section that the upkeep cost of a slave in 1850 was $30,000, and based on some specified rate of inflation, that amount in 2010 comes to $1,018,913.­66, and since the average NFL salary is $700,000/year, what Peterson is saying makes perfect sense.

God bless the Huffington Post audience.

What a knucklehead...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/03/15/adrian-peterson-slavery-nfl_n_836090.html

"It's modern-day slavery, you know? People kind of laugh at that, but there are people working at regular jobs who get treated the same way, too. With all the money," Peterson continued. "The owners are trying to get a different percentage, and bring in more money."

He should be tarred and feathered.

Okay, that's it...I'm not reading any more of these threads until after this labor issue is settled. The players are major dickfuks and I'm sick and tired of the realization of just how detached and out of touch all of these folks are. When they get back to playing football, I'm ready go to...until then, all these people - players, owners, etc - dont' exist in this dojo.

Modern day slavery...give me a break. Peterson just joined Favre on my "players I really used to like, but not anymore cause they're fuktards" list.

If he had said it on O'Reilly, somehow the liberal media would have made O'Reilly a racist for allowing the word "slavery" to be uttered on the airwaves. And believe it or not Arianna Huffington used to be Republican until she found out how much money she could make by spewing liberal hatred.

Liberal hatred like pro-education, pro-equality, pro-environment, pro-middle class, pro-maybe raising taxes every so slightly on multi-billionaires, anti-unnecessary, unjustified wars, deaths. I'd have to agree, the liberal agenda is one that oozes hatred. Plus, she probably figured that with her hate-filled rhetoric, she could get in good with the Democrats, who are notoriously in favor of lowering taxes on the richest Americans, of which she is now one.

The only thing funnier than the fact that the story was linked to the Huffington Post is the fact that so many of the HuffPost readers explaining in the comments section that the upkeep cost of a slave in 1850 was $30,000, and based on some specified rate of inflation, that amount in 2010 comes to $1,018,913.­66, and since the average NFL salary is $700,000/year, what Peterson is saying makes perfect sense.

God bless the Huffington Post audience.

You win. You are impugning a website due to one user's comment in the comment section? Tell me what website you find to be legitimate, sir. I will make sure to create an account, and underneath an article, start a conversation about how Dick Jauron is in fact the greatest motivator in modern coaching history. Thus ending, for all of eternity, the reliability of the website.

What a knucklehead...

Stupidity is frightening.

You win. You are impugning a website due to one user's comment in the comment section?

Don't be ridiculous. It's just funny that between mock drafts and this labor dispute, there are countless links here from ESPN, NFL.com, PFW, etc, and suddenly there's a football link to the HuffPost. It struck me as funny. And by funny I mean it'd be like, say, having a discussion about global warming and trying to fortify your stance by linking to a Youtube video from Bill Nye The Science Guy.

In other words, relax. It was just a humorous observation. It's not like I'm calling anyone an over-sensitive political retard. That would just be childish.

Don't be ridiculous. It's just funny that between mock drafts and this labor dispute, there are countless links here from ESPN, NFL.com, PFW, etc, and suddenly there's a football link to the HuffPost. It struck me as funny. And by funny I mean it'd be like, say, having a discussion about global warming and trying to fortify your stance by linking to a Youtube video from Bill Nye The Science Guy.

In other words, relax. It was just a humorous observation. It's not like I'm calling anyone an over-sensitive political retard. That would just be childish.

I think my argument would be fortified by the backing of NEARLY EVERY SCIENTIST ON PLANET EARTH!

Hey it's the offseason, I'm just trying to get through the months leading up to the draft.

Edited by metzelaars_lives

What a knucklehead...

WOW!... :blink:

Just...Wow... B-)

I think my argument would be fortified by the backing of NEARLY EVERY SCIENTIST ON PLANET EARTH!

Hey it's the offseason, I'm just trying to get through the months leading up to the draft.

You're wrong, but if it makes you feel better to think so you're welcome to it.

STFU

Hmmm, I wonder who would have something to say about this. I would fire back but this sensitive board might threaten to kick me off. Some of you people on this board are a joke, and so judgmental. but hey we are entitle to our opinion right! So you STFU Loser.. Lol

Edited by Rooster Cogburn

What is the punishment when a "slave" (his words, not mine) fumbles the ball?

You know, I'm wondering where those paragons of virtue in the media are when someone makes such a racist comment?

You know, the Chris Matthewses and Katie Courics and Keith Olbermanns of the world? Where are they?