OK, which one of you is Tony?

Beerball

consider me dumb & ugly

I have a feeling that Chef thinks everyone is dumb and ugly.

Personally, I don't shop at Wal-Mart for all the PC reasons...but I must admit, I did go in there late one night, a few months ago, for motor oil, when my car started to hemorrhage. It was the only convenient place. I think it was only the second or third time I have ever been in one. I don't hold a grudge against folks that shop there...I usually shop Target, for the type of things they sell. Target is no better, in reality. Just better marketing. It gets increasingly difficult not to be a hypocrite.

I have a feeling that Chef thinks everyone is dumb and ugly.

Personally, I don't shop at Wal-Mart for all the PC reasons...but I must admit, I did go in there late one night, a few months ago, for motor oil, when my car started to hemorrhage. It was the only convenient place. I think it was only the second or third time I have ever been in one. I don't hold a grudge against folks that shop there...I usually shop Target, for the type of things they sell. Target is no better, in reality. Just better marketing. It gets increasingly difficult not to be a hypocrite.

This is dumb... But some people find a point to make. Why be a lemming and do what people order you to do... Especially arbitrary orders. How many people do they miss forgetting to check when they are loafing off?

Target doesn't check your receipt... I think.

Would it be so hard to do their job and actually monitor/pay attention who is going through a register? Like Best Buy... Why do they need to see the receipt? I suppose somebody can sneak an item through a register... But a TV?

Can't the cashier give a shout out to the Tony's of the world... They had to see what was going on:

"Yeah... Tony he is fine."

Anyway, if the electronic tag in the box is NOT going off... Then somebody disabled it at the register counter.

If everybody was doing their job properly... You wouldn't have any issues... I can see them stationing an employee... Just have them pay attention to what is going on.

D-bags who try to make a moral stand and refuse to show a receipt for 20 minutes.

Why is he a D-bag? If the checker was paying attention and doing their job... They would see who was going through registers or not. Like all the other stores on the planet. All they have to do is watch the registers and pay attention. Is this more of a case (checking receipts) of mistrust with their own cashiers?

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

I went into a Walmart once. Once. The electronics department was in the back of the store. You had to pay for everything in That department there - not in the front of the store.

I think I saw some tat-wearing five foot three hundred pound guy named Tony in ripped bluejeans, wearing a wolf shirt three sizes too small with bardhal patches on the sleeves, chain on his wallet, three days growth of beard, orange teeth haulin' a tv outta there giving the ticket checker the middle finger on his way out.

Am I an accessory or just a witness?

I went into a Walmart once. Once. The electronics department was in the back of the store. You had to pay for everything in That department there - not in the front of the store.

I think I saw some tat-wearing five foot three hundred pound guy named Tony in ripped bluejeans, wearing a wolf shirt three sizes too small with bardhal patches on the sleeves, chain on his wallet, three days growth of beard, orange teeth haulin' a tv outta there giving the ticket checker the middle finger on his way out.

Am I an accessory or just a witness?

Lemonade on screen! :lol: :lol:

See that is the point... Don't they trust the cashiers? Some stores you can't haul any of the expensive tech items around the store unless you pay first or have it sent to the front. I can understand them cracking down while sitll carrying the expensive item IN the store BEFORE the register. Again, many will check you out in the back or carry the item to the front so you can put it on the same bill with other items.

Then most have the electronic cable and sensor wrapped around the whole box.

Why is it mainly Walmart/Sam's? I really think it does nothing to deter anybody... It is just a show of force.. Tony a force? :lol:

Just do their job and this is needless.