Playoff scenerios

Mile High

who holds the tie breaker between Buffalo and Denver... if they both finished 10-6, who would be in?

It depends upon who DEN loses to. For ties between teams outside the same division, after head to head, is Conference records. Right now, we're 3-3, they're 3-2. If we sweep, we'll be up to 5-3. Assuming DEN loses one conference game, it then resorts to common opponents. I'm too lazy to figure that one out.

I would really like to know... who holds the tie breaker between Buffalo and Denver... if they both finished 10-6, who would be in?

160210[/snapback]

Denver would have the tiebreaker. We would be 6-6 in conference, and they would be 7-5(or 8-4), and that is the tiebreaker that will be operative between Buffalo and Denver...CD

It depends upon who DEN loses to.  For ties between teams outside the same division, after head to head, is Conference records.  Right now, we're 3-3, they're 3-2.  If we sweep, we'll be up to 5-3.  Assuming DEN loses one conference game, it then resorts to common opponents.  I'm too lazy to figure that one out.

160315[/snapback]

You must be looking at current divisional records. We'll each play 12 games in the conference. We cannot beat Denver in this tie breaker (assuming we are actually tied) because we are one game behind them in terms of overall record and two games behind them in terms of conference record. In other words, if we catch them in terms of conference record, we'll be ahead of them in terms of absolute record. There would be no tie, thus no tiebreaker.