Takeo anybody?

Ok yeah I know he's old as hell and had the achillies a few years back but he really quietly had a hell of a year last year (border line pro bowl type stuff). I'm just saying, if we for some reason we don't draft an ILB high in the draft, I wouldn't mind having old 51 back in a Bills Uni for the next two years. Am I crazy?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XXekIhVoABY

It hasn't just been this season, he has produced for a few straight now. Of course playing next to the best LB in the game, and behind an underrated d-line certainly helps.I doubt he would come back after we did him so raw, but I would be for it. I would love to see us draft Martez Wilson from Illinois. That would be my top option at ILB.

Edited by Von Braun

Ok yeah I know he's old as hell and had the achillies a few years back but he really quietly had a hell of a year last year (border line pro bowl type stuff). I'm just saying, if we for some reason we don't draft an ILB high in the draft, I wouldn't mind having old 51 back in a Bills Uni for the next two years. Am I crazy?

youtube.com/watch?v=XXekIhVoABY

No, but probably wont happen.

youtube.com/watch?v=XXekIhVoABY

Nah, It's time to move forward. He's old as hell and ain't worth much at all.

Yeah, I'd like him back in a Bills uniform. He brings veteran leadership and depth. I don't think he's starter material, but valuable in a backup or situational role. The 49ers have drafted his replacement.

Thing is, he didn't want to be part of a rebuilding Bills team before and doesn't want to be part of a rebuilding 49ers team. Not sure if he'd even entertain coming back to Buffalo. That being said, I feel the 49ers are in more of a rebuilding phase than we are with new coach, new coordinators, no answer at QB.

But yeah, I think it'd be money well spent.

I remember seeing the 49ers on a Monday night game earlier this season, and thinking that Takeo looked really good. I talked with a buddy of mine, a die-hard 49er fan, and he said, "everyone loves Spikes, but he is not what you remember him being...he is slow...he kills them." IIRC, Mike Singletary, a player of similar intensity in his day, benched him as the season went on.

I love the guy, one of the few bright spots of the last decade of Bills football...but time to move on.

I remember seeing the 49ers on a Monday night game earlier this season, and thinking that Takeo looked really good. I talked with a buddy of mine, a die-hard 49er fan, and he said, "everyone loves Spikes, but he is not what you remember him being...he is slow...he kills them." IIRC, Mike Singletary, a player of similar intensity in his day, benched him as the season went on.

I love the guy, one of the few bright spots of the last decade of Bills football...but time to move on.

Yes to all of the above. Sometimes the shoes just wear out and you need to get a new pair.

Yes to all of the above. Sometimes the shoes just wear out and you need to get a new pair.

Yeah, I don't want to remember Takeo as the new Eddie Robinson...a guy similarly loved by Oiler/Titans fans...we hear the name, and all we think about is him getting faked out of his spikes, by Chad Pennington! Or my god, was that Vinny Testeverde?

Edited by Buftex