Dolphin want them some Newton

sirebors

Did you even watch the game? Newton was far from impressive. Just because he's the leader of the team doesn't mean he was responsible for that victory.

Sure I watched it, watched the Tigers all season long. Cam Newton took a helmet to the middle of his back in the 1st quarter and played with injury from that point on.

The Auburn Tigers never would have even sniffed the BCS National Championship without Newton and Nick Fairley would be an afterthought playing for a 500 football team.

64 yards rushing on an obscene amount of runs isn't impressive. And Newton did not lead Auburn to that victory. That game was won because of the Auburn running game. Not Newton.

Did he throw 2 touchdown passes? How many rushing TDs did Auburn have? Did Dyer wear Newtons jersey and throw the TD passes? If you don't like Newton that is fine, but make some sense or don't post. You saying that he didn't lead his team to a victory is idiotic at best. They scored 22 points...1 safety, 2 passing TDs and 2 field goals. Maybe it was the kicker that lead the team. Dyer had a good game, but how many points was he responsible for? That's right, 0.

Miami is at 15, but also traded their 2nd rounder to Den for Marshall. Without looking at teh chart, and simply thinking to myself, their 2012 1st and 2011 3rd seems about fair, althought I would take jsut their 2012 1st. Miami is falling apart, and will likely eat it vrs the Patsie and Jest twice next year. They could easily be drafting top 10 (just like us, maybe even higher than us) in 2012. Two top 10 picks could be enough to trade up for Luck if a team that already has a QB is at #1 already. If not another top 10 pick sure wont hurt this teams rebuild. Especially this year, when at 15 we could easily get a guy like Watt/C.Jorden/Clayborne/Quinn/Carimi. Who is to say Watt wont become the best 5 tech in this class anwyays? Better than Fairley or Dareus would be. Quinn would be a great pick at that spot too. I like it and I do it!

EDIT: I looked up the cahrt, and according to it we would be getting robbed by making that trade (this yrs 3rd and next yrs 1st). I still like the opportunities though. Maybe even take next years 2nd instead of this years 3rd. Im just thinking out loud, but I think losing a few spots in the 1st is no big deal, and gaining 2 more picks from a division rival could be huge. I see Luck becoming an Aaron Rodgers type QB so getting him is my long term goal - and 12 spots in the first round is not a lot to concede.

Biggest issue, 2012 is off the table. Even if they traded every pick they have 3-7 we would be a joke to accept.

Mods: is it possible to write up a few rules with the CBA mess to have stickied, or maybe an article with basics like draft trades

Edited by NoSaint

The kid scares me at 3. too many questions, he could be a flop. I watched only a few of his games, and didnt see an NFL QB in him. I saw a guy who sits in shotgun, gets time, and still can't make a decision its either pass immediately run immediately. I saw him misfire in multiple occasions when recievers had the defenders beat, and saw him run in situations that where recievers where open in NFL standards. The kid didnt seem to put the ball "on the money" too often either.

Those things scare the sh*t out of me. With that his physical ability intrigues me, and even though I am not comfortable with him as of yet, I DO NOT want him in the division given his upside.

Just a thought...Looking at maybe the best recent model of QB progression in the NFL, Aaron Rogers sat behind Favre for 3-4 years. So parlay that to the Bills if they where to draft Newton. Assuming the team continues to get better under Fitzy, the young line is meshing, we help shore up the D, and our young recievers keep improving, one would assume the job would be Fitzy's to lose.

Question is, how does Cam react to being the back up for 3-4 years? Trouble, demand trades?

I am not saying definetly, but with the media hype this kid is getting and his college successes he may whine a bit

Cam Newton the #1 prospect and Miami Dolphins interested.

Denver Broncos favor Patrick Peterson.

http://www.draftinsider.net/blog/?p=4627

I say trade the dolphins if they want him that bad. We can still get some good quality at 15 and I bet we can get either the dolphins 1, 2, and like a 4 or 5 this year or number 1 this year and next. That would be the deal I want. I bet if we dropped down to 15 we can still get like Quinn, or the DE out of Purdue Kerrigan I think.

Sure I watched it, watched the Tigers all season long. Cam Newton took a helmet to the middle of his back in the 1st quarter and played with injury from that point on.

The Auburn Tigers never would have even sniffed the BCS National Championship without Newton and Nick Fairley would be an afterthought playing for a 500 football team.

That is pure and utter BS. The hit came very late in the 4th quarter when Newton took off on a 3rd and long.

That is pure and utter BS. The hit came very late in the 4th quarter when Newton took off on a 3rd and long.

Listen to the Cam Newton interview after the game, right out of the horses mouth he says that was not the only big hit.

Don't try to tell me what I seen and didn't see, I've watched Newton all season, even the coaches knew there was a problem with Newton throughout most of the game.

Tell me this Einstein, how is the hit that almost knocked Cam out(the one you're talking about) and didn't come anywhere near his back cause a severe back injury? It didn't, the one I'm talking about that caught Newton square in the middle of the lower back did the most damage.

Edited by Fig Newton

Listen to the Cam Newton interview after the game, right out of the horses mouth he says that was not the only big hit.

Don't try to tell me what I seen and didn't see, I've watched Newton all season, even the coaches knew there was a problem with Newton throughout most of the game.

Tell me this Einstein, how is the hit that almost knocked Cam out(the one you're talking about) and didn't come anywhere near his back cause a severe back injury? It didn't, the one I'm talking about that caught Newton square in the middle of the lower back did the most damage.

I just listened to it and he says nothing about the injury. Can you produce a link? Another thing, if you say the problem was in the amount of hits he took how will he fare in the PROs when the people delivering the hits are stronger and faster than guys from College. Are you saying that 50% of his game won't translate that well to the PROs because he won't be able to sustain the punishment he will receive?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ojHOMmBBTGw&feature=related

I just listened to it and he says nothing about the injury. Can you produce a link? Another thing, if you say the problem was in the amount of hits he took how will he fare in the PROs when the people delivering the hits are stronger and faster than guys from College. Are you saying that 50% of his game won't translate that well to the PROs because he won't be able to sustain the punishment he will receive?

youtube.com/watch?v=ojHOMmBBTGw&feature=related

I quote :When I asked about the pain he was in, about the big hit in the fourth quarter that left him awfully slow to get up, Newton smiled for the only time and said, "I'm OK; it was worth it." And he added it wasn't just one hit that put him in a golf cart.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/bowls10/columns/story?columnist=wilbon_michael&id=6010585

Edited by Fig Newton

I quote :When I asked about the pain he was in, about the big hit in the fourth quarter that left him awfully slow to get up, Newton smiled for the only time and said, "I'm OK; it was worth it." And he added it wasn't just one hit that put him in a golf cart.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/bowls10/columns/story?columnist=wilbon_michael&id=6010585

From the same link

"When I asked about the pain he was in, about the big hit in the fourth quarter that left him awfully slow to get up,..."

I think it was pretty evident what hit hurt him the most and up until that hit he didn't show he was in a good deal of pain throught the game. He obviously tried to minized the hit, which doesn't bother me.

The point is, he will be hit harder and teams will easily gameplan against him in the NFL if he thinks that he'll have success running the ball like he did in College. If he wants to maximize the damage he can do with his legs he will first have to learn to hurt teams from the pocket.

From the same link

"When I asked about the pain he was in, about the big hit in the fourth quarter that left him awfully slow to get up,..."

I think it was pretty evident what hit hurt him the most and up until that hit he didn't show he was in a good deal of pain throught the game. He obviously tried to minized the hit, which doesn't bother me.

The point is, he will be hit harder and teams will easily gameplan against him in the NFL if he thinks that he'll have success running the ball like he did in College. If he wants to maximize the damage he can do with his legs he will first have to learn to hurt teams from the pocket.

If you find me a replay of the game I'll point out the hit,

cant believe I'm not able to find a replay of the damn game!

Biggest issue, 2012 is off the table. Even if they traded every pick they have 3-7 we would be a joke to accept.

Mods: is it possible to write up a few rules with the CBA mess to have stickied, or maybe an article with basics like draft trades

Are you sure about that? I thought players were out but draft picks weren’t. The NFL views the draft separately from the FA part of the offseason (the reason why we are still having a draft with no CBA).

Teams are going to have draft picks in 2012 regardless of what happens to the CBA. It was my understanding they could still trade them.

This article says you can trade them

http://www.chiefscoalition.com/Chiefs/news-rumors/3972-2011-nfl-draft-odd-bedfellows-the-cba-and-trading-draft-picks.html

Same with this one, under the title "The value of 2011 picks will increase" The last sentence implies trading picks to stockpile 2011 picks

http://www.sidelinescouting.com/columns/cba.shtml

Edited by Thoner7

Come on, man. You can't be serious. First, he did okay in the championship game for a guy who hadn't played in a month and was injured during the game. And his team won. And a team doesn't draft or not draft a player based on one game anyway. That would make them incompetent.

Not even wonderlic will make that much difference. It's a bunch of general knowledge questions that has no bearing on his football IQ. If the wonderlic was 50 questions about football related information it would mean something. I don't even believe the wonderlic as it is is a good measure of intelligence.

Not saying the Wonderlic is great but its not general knowledge questions.

Its a timed problem solving test.

The Timed part is a key

Questions like this:

How many of the six pairs of items listed below are exact duplicates?

PRESENT, RESENT - Do these words

A train travels 20 feet in 1/5 seconds At this exact speed, how many feet will it travel in three seconds?

When rope is selling at $.10 a foot, how many feet can you buy for sixty cents?

What you learn from the test is extremes.

If some one scores between a 0-15 they are really a numbskull.

If you're between 15-25 you're below average for college educated person but you can probably learn what you need to get by in the NFL.

If you're over 25 you can probably pick up a playbook and understand it internalize it quickly so you can help teach others. Which is part of the leadership of the QB, making sure the players are in the right spot and know their assignments.

Its not perfect, but its meant to show a person's ability to problem solve. Its not a general knowledge questionnaire. Seriously if you've ever taken it you have to worry about people that score under 20. Good thing they can make money playing sports but you know what they say about a fool and their money.