Dolphin want them some Newton

sirebors

Cam Newton the #1 prospect and Miami Dolphins interested.

Denver Broncos favor Patrick Peterson.

http://www.draftinsider.net/blog/?p=4627

I doubt Cam Newton will make it past the Washington Redskins so the fish will have to do some trading If they want Cam Newton in my opinion.

My hope is he won't make it past Buffalo

Edited by Fig Newton

Cam Newton the #1 prospect and Miami Dolphins interested.

Denver Broncos favor Patrick Peterson.

http://www.draftinsider.net/blog/?p=4627

That's pretty funny considering that he'd have to get past the Panthers, Bills, Bengals, Cardinals, 49ers, Titans, Redskins and Vikings before they'd ever get the chance to even draft him.

The Dolphins are idiots.

That's pretty funny considering that he'd have to get past the Panthers, Bills, Bengals, Cardinals, 49ers, Titans, Redskins and Vikings before they'd ever get the chance to even draft him.

The Dolphins are idiots.

Plus the fact that he sucks. Why would anyone want him? Those who do probably didn't watch the national championship game. The guy could barely complete a pass. Very Edwardsesque imo

Plus the fact that he sucks. Why would anyone want him? Those who do probably didn't watch the national championship game. The guy could barely complete a pass. Very Edwardsesque imo

20-34, 256 yards passing, another 64 rushing and a QB rating of 137.82

Cam Newton despite a severe back injury he suffered in the 1st quarter led his football team to a victory in the National Championship.

Most folks probably wouldn't even be able to walk with the same back injury much less play QB.

Statistically, Newton one of the best ever http://espn.go.com/blog/statsinfo/tag/_/name/cam-newton

So basically he sucks because of one game? Not the fact he won that game or the fact his college career wins/losses is 30-1. That stat alone makes him suck still right? So does Tom Brady suck because he went undefeated until the superbowl with the giants? With your logic the answer is YES... I know its your opinion but I think your opinion is flawed... But Carry On!

The Dolphins are idiots.

i hope they have a lot of picks because thats exactly what i'm hoping for a top 10 to 12 team falls in love with a player and wants to get to our spot @ 3 and is willing to pay a kings ransom for the pick.

i make the trade in a minute take gabbert or the best defensive player available . if we take a defensive player then we have the amo to dip back into the later part of the first round to get our QB and @ 34 we get our starting RT for the next 10 years.

if all that happens we should get 3 immediate starters as rookies,that is of course unless we draft gabbert or mallett then in the top 34 we get 2 starters and our QB of the future.

that would blow my mind.

then if we get lucky with our third and fourth round picks we may get another starter out of the 2 and we would be well on our way to being a very good young talented team!

i hope they have a lot of picks because thats exactly what i'm hoping for a top 10 to 12 team falls in love with a player and wants to get to our spot @ 3 and is willing to pay a kings ransom for the pick.

i make the trade in a minute take gabbert or the best defensive player available . if we take a defensive player then we have the amo to dip back into the later part of the first round to get our QB and @ 34 we get our starting RT for the next 10 years.

if all that happens we should get 3 immediate starters as rookies,that is of course unless we draft gabbert or mallett then in the top 34 we get 2 starters and our QB of the future.

that would blow my mind.

then if we get lucky with our third and fourth round picks we may get another starter out of the 2 and we would be well on our way to being a very good young talented team!

And then Newton terrorizes us. Then its worse cuz we facilitated them picking him. Trading down would be best for our team, without a doubt, but allowing newton to go to a division rival isn't in our best interests. Sure, there's a lot of you guys that think that would be the best thing ever, cuz they're "sure" that he will never amount to anything, but his upside isn't something we want to play 2 times a year.

dolphins are in worse QB shape than us.

As far as Cam winning that championship game goes, the reason they won on that last drive was due to the RB, not Cam. I'm neither pro-Cam nor anti-Cam. Just an observation.

Not really, don't they have Tyler Thigpen as a back up? Henne an Fitzy are comparable.

Miami is at 15, but also traded their 2nd rounder to Den for Marshall. Without looking at teh chart, and simply thinking to myself, their 2012 1st and 2011 3rd seems about fair, althought I would take jsut their 2012 1st. Miami is falling apart, and will likely eat it vrs the Patsie and Jest twice next year. They could easily be drafting top 10 (just like us, maybe even higher than us) in 2012. Two top 10 picks could be enough to trade up for Luck if a team that already has a QB is at #1 already. If not another top 10 pick sure wont hurt this teams rebuild. Especially this year, when at 15 we could easily get a guy like Watt/C.Jorden/Clayborne/Quinn/Carimi. Who is to say Watt wont become the best 5 tech in this class anwyays? Better than Fairley or Dareus would be. Quinn would be a great pick at that spot too. I like it and I do it!

EDIT: I looked up the cahrt, and according to it we would be getting robbed by making that trade (this yrs 3rd and next yrs 1st). I still like the opportunities though. Maybe even take next years 2nd instead of this years 3rd. Im just thinking out loud, but I think losing a few spots in the 1st is no big deal, and gaining 2 more picks from a division rival could be huge. I see Luck becoming an Aaron Rodgers type QB so getting him is my long term goal - and 12 spots in the first round is not a lot to concede.

Edited by Thoner7

And then Newton terrorizes us. Then its worse cuz we facilitated them picking him. Trading down would be best for our team, without a doubt, but allowing newton to go to a division rival isn't in our best interests. Sure, there's a lot of you guys that think that would be the best thing ever, cuz they're "sure" that he will never amount to anything, but his upside isn't something we want to play 2 times a year.

especially when consider the dolphins line is decent and newton can just air the ball out to brandon marshall with every chance he has. thing is miami doesnt have a 2nd to give so if we wanted to deal it would take something like this year's first and next years 1st and 2nd.

especially when consider the dolphins line is decent and newton can just air the ball out to brandon marshall with every chance he has. thing is miami doesnt have a 2nd to give so if we wanted to deal it would take something like this year's first and next years 1st and 2nd.

I don't think the Bills should make any trades for next years (high) picks. This draft is a special draft because so many juniors are coming out early, that will weaken next years crop.

Cam Newton's draft status is going to be dependent on interviews, background investigation, and wonderlic - If he earns the title coachable (reasonably intelligent, good work ethic, good charactor) then he is going to go very high because all the physical tools are there.

btw I don't think comparisons to Vick or Russell are that close, I think Daunte Culpepper or Ben Roethlisberger are better comparisons.

Come on, man. You can't be serious. First, he did okay in the championship game for a guy who hadn't played in a month and was injured during the game. And his team won. And a team doesn't draft or not draft a player based on one game anyway. That would make them incompetent.

Cam Newton's draft status is going to be dependent on interviews, background investigation, and wonderlic - If he earns the title coachable (reasonably intelligent, good work ethic, good charactor) then he is going to go very high because all the physical tools are there.

btw I don't think comparisons to Vick or Russell are that close, I think Daunte Culpepper or Ben Roethlisberger are better comparisons.

Not even wonderlic will make that much difference. It's a bunch of general knowledge questions that has no bearing on his football IQ. If the wonderlic was 50 questions about football related information it would mean something. I don't even believe the wonderlic as it is is a good measure of intelligence.

Edited by purple haze

Not really, don't they have Tyler Thigpen as a back up? Henne an Fitzy are comparable.

Sorry but...

"Henne an Fitzy are comparable."

...is one of the dumbest statements made here in a looooong time. Fitzy had 23 Tds in 13 games last season, Henne had 15 TDs in 15 games, in what world do these facts say to you that these two QBs are comparable to one another? Seriously dude, that was an idiotic statement.

20-34, 256 yards passing, another 64 rushing and a QB rating of 137.82

Cam Newton despite a severe back injury he suffered in the 1st quarter led his football team to a victory in the National Championship.

Most folks probably wouldn't even be able to walk with the same back injury much less play QB.

Statistically, Newton one of the best ever http://espn.go.com/blog/statsinfo/tag/_/name/cam-newton

64 yards rushing on an obscene amount of runs isn't impressive. And Newton did not lead Auburn to that victory. That game was won because of the Auburn running game. Not Newton.

64 yards rushing on an obscene amount of runs isn't impressive. And Newton did not lead Auburn to that victory. That game was won because of the Auburn running game. Not Newton.

Cam Newton is the QB and LEADER of the National Champion Auburn Tigers football team and 329 of the total 519 yards of offense was because of Newton,

What, you think because the Auburn RB did his job(Micheal Dyer) Newton shouldn't get any credit? Get real

Edited by Fig Newton

Cam Newton is the QB and LEADER of the National Champion Auburn Tigers football team and 329 of the total 519 yards of offense was because of Newton,

What, you think because the Auburn RB did his job(Micheal Dyer) Newton shouldn't get any credit? Get real

Did you even watch the game? Newton was far from impressive. Just because he's the leader of the team doesn't mean he was responsible for that victory.