Come on guys....it wasn't THAT bad

First to get it out of the way....regarding the injuries:

- I feel bad for Travis Brown as he was having his best NFL camp....I actually dont think the hit was intended to take him out when I go back and look at it it almost seems to me that Bills OLmen had his forward momentum going towards T. Brown. I hope he can make it back....but if he CANNOT make it back please DO NOT bring back Doug Flutie....why do you ask? Because if you ask my Doug Flutie is the type of player that will band aid this offense and have the OL thinking they are getting better when they really are not.....you can also forget about a running game as teams will put in the "Flutie Offense".....just get experienced veteran guy like Odonnel to back up Drew Bledsoe.....Bledsoe is so fricken durable anyway he isn't going to get a lot of time.....JP Losman will be back before the season is over.......

- Regarding Lawyer Milloy.....I like Lawyer but I actually feel we are not going to be hurt hear as bad as some think if Milloy doesn't make it back until after the bye....why? Because the fact is Coy Wire is a fricken SS...not a FS.....and I actually think he can excel in that SS position....but that is just my opinion....

Now for some thoughts.....

- Drew definately is playing better then last year......simple as that....we have not been scoring touchdowns but they will come....

- If you ask me I think the bills are keeping Lee Evans as a their very own secret weapon......just watch as opening day Drew Bledsoe throws a bomb to Evans.....

- I have to say that Tre Teague has been playing much better then many including myself have given him credit for......Mike Williams is getting better by the day and why in the world is Sullivan starting over Marcus Price.....is he still hurt? Basically I think that when the O Line gets healthy.....you are going to see this team much improved......

- Magehee is going to be one of those backs who is going to get stronger as things move allong....Shawd WIlliams should def be the 3rd guy......oh and one other thing....this team had better not let Luke Lawton go....I have a feeling about that kid

- We have a fine group of young corners

- This game would have been much closer had it not been for all the fumbles.....and considering that the colts went deep into last years playoffs.....it was a good barometer (while the starters vs the starters were in)

Yep, I think you make some good points here. I got so caught up in the "who can we get? We need a quarterback!!!!" talk that I actually FORGOT that we still had Bledsoe lol. You're right, Bledsoe has been very durable for the most part, and I anticipate he'll be okay most or all of the season. As far as his backup, I actually think I'm agreeing with those who talked about Geoff George. I've just always thought that guy had a ton of talent, and I think if we actually needed him to play this year it wouldn't be for so long that we'd give his crap attitude time to show it's ugly face. I think for one season he may be a good choice. Outside of that, Id love to see Koy Detmer, but I don't think the Iggles will let him go.

As far as Lee Evans, that HAS to be the reason he's not doing more this preseason. Bledsoe is going to look for him early and often against the Jags, and he'll be off and running from there. I just can't bring myself to believe that he's been unproductive for any other reason.

well, there were two deep plays intended for lee evans so far this preseason. the most recent was travis brown's first pass. lee had his man beat by about 5 yards, but the pass was underthrown by about 10 yards and it hit the turf.

the other one was when mcgahee mis-tossed the pitch to bledsoe. lee evans was alone streaking down the field. No play.

i too think he's gonna explode.

here's to our injuries being over. *clink

First to get it out of the way....regarding the injuries:

- I feel bad for Travis Brown as he was having his best NFL camp....I actually dont think the hit was intended to take him out when I go back and look at it it almost seems to me that  Bills OLmen had his forward momentum going towards T. Brown.  I hope he can make it back....but if he CANNOT make it back please DO NOT bring back Doug Flutie....why do you ask?  Because if you ask my Doug Flutie is the type of player that will band aid this offense and have the OL thinking they are getting better when they really are not.....you can also forget about a running game as teams will put in the "Flutie Offense".....just get experienced veteran guy like Odonnel to back up Drew Bledsoe.....Bledsoe is so fricken durable anyway he isn't going to get a lot of time.....JP Losman will be back before the season is over.......

- Regarding Lawyer Milloy.....I like Lawyer but I actually feel we are not going to be hurt hear as bad as some think if Milloy doesn't make it back until after the bye....why?  Because the fact is Coy Wire is a fricken SS...not a FS.....and I actually think he can excel in that SS position....but that is just my opinion....

Now for some thoughts.....

- Drew definately is playing better then last year......simple as that....we have not been scoring touchdowns but they will come....

- If you ask me I think the bills are keeping Lee Evans as a their very own secret weapon......just watch as opening day Drew Bledsoe throws a bomb to Evans.....

- I have to say that Tre Teague has been playing much better then many including myself have given him credit for......Mike Williams is getting better by the day and why in the world is Sullivan starting over Marcus Price.....is he still hurt?  Basically I think that when the O Line gets healthy.....you are going to see this team much improved......

- Magehee is going to be one of those backs who is going to get stronger as things move allong....Shawd WIlliams should def be the 3rd guy......oh and one other thing....this team had better not let Luke Lawton go....I have a feeling about that kid

- We have a fine group of young corners

- This game would have been much closer had it not been for all the fumbles.....and considering that the colts went deep into last years playoffs.....it was a good barometer (while the starters vs the starters were in)

11411[/snapback]

You make some decent points there, but what have you seen that indicates that:

a.) The touchdowns will come

b.) Price should start over Sullivan

c.) The offensive line will be much improved

d.) McGahee will get stronger as things move along

I'm trying to be as optimistic as I can, but I'd still like some signs of good things to come. So far, there haven't been many such signs. I still haven't given up, as there's still some time left before the Jacksonville game and anything can happen (guys can step up and play well, some free agent could be signed to upgrade a position of need, etc.). I continue to hope for the best.