Both SI and GBNreport have Blaine Gabbert going #1

Oh I really do hope that happens. That would mean either Fairley or Dareus would be available to the Bills. Which of course would mean they're likely to pick someone completely different, but one can hope.

Yes one can hope, and I hope that Buddy does draft someone different. Someone like Cam Newton, Jake Locker or Ryan Mallett.

No way Gabbert over Newton. Gabbert played in an offense that was designed to make it hard for a QB to make mistakes, yet he made many. Didn't step up in his team's 2 biggest games of regular season, which resulted in losses. Clumsy foootwork. Questions about his ability to read defenses. He's big, somewhat mobile and can make all the throws. But, he has a lot of the same question marks as Newton. Why not take Cam then over Gabbert? Newton's a freak of nature and his upside is through the roof.

gabbert has the best qb tools in the draft. beautiful release, strong arm. newton is a relative child. the only question is whether gabbert can learn to read defenses. this is a question for all college qbs, including luck. first to carolina seems too high though.

i watched about 40 throws of Gabbert ...ball comes out LOW....he will have alot of balls blocked/tipped by D-lineman. having said that, don't be surprised if he is the #1 QB off the board.

a bit low. not unlike rivers. but i don't view this as a fatal flaw. speaking as a scout (albeit not a football scout!) when you see two plus tools (delivery, arm strength) and an average to maybe above average in the future third (accuracy) then you have a real prospect. again, it depends whether or not he can read pro defenses and react. his college career doesn't show that. of course neither did sam bradford's or any other college qb's.

Newton has more arm strength than Gabbert and scouts are saying that Gabbert has some issues with his release. They say there is some wasted motion there, but hey, it's all a crapshoot a guess. I just love the Newton upside. If all goes well, I see him as a cross between Roethlisberger and Cunningham.

I went to youtube and watched as much as I could on Blaine Gabbert yesterday. I was left with mixed opinions of him. First, he has a great arm, and he seems to have a quick release. I saw one play against Nevada where he threw the ball 60 yards, and he could very well handle the winds of the Ralph. But, he looked a little thin, a little fragile, and he didn't ever appear to be the type of quarterback that would rally a team, and take over a game. I don't know... when I heard comparisons to Rivers I was excited. But, he didn't really remind me of rivers. He reminded me more of Flacco. I guess he'd be an improvement, but, now I can say with certainty that I'd rather us get Fairley or Quinn or Dareus with the first and try to grab one of the lesser hyped QB's who many people feel have all the tools to be good.