OK Newton. make me a believer!

TH3

Show me you can win a big game, come from behind, throw accurately, evade a strong rush, make a good martini, have dogs and small children like you, look good in a bikini.....

Alright - I already think CN would make our team better in alot of ways - one thing I think he would bring is a sense of youthful excitement and charisma - because - our Bills are one damn boring team. Let's face it - Fitz has a great beard and everything - but he definately has "old dude" written all over him. Do people remember Leonard Smith running out of the tunnel to "Leonards Lair" - man we could use a dose of that

The Bills could use something that points our team to a new direction - attract actual good free agents...

Look forward to seeing tonites game - I think CN ends up in the top 5 in the draft.

Edited by baskin

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have yet to see the guy play this year. I'm fascinated that whenever he is brought up on Sports Radio (or on here) in any capacity, the conversation always devolves into a screaming match with racial undertones.

Still, I have a feeling that the Bills, at the very least will be considering him if he's there at 3 so I am looking forward to seeing him play tonight. Though, no matter how well (or how poorly) he does, I still won't be able to draw much of a conclusion from one game.

Show me you can win a big game, come from behind, throw accurately, evade a strong rush, make a good martini, have dogs and small children like you, look good in a bikini.....

Alright - I already think CN would make our team better in alot of ways - one thing I think he would bring is a sense of youthful excitement and charisma - because - our Bills are one damn boring team. Let's face it - Fitz has a great beard and everything - but he definately has "old dude" written all over him. Do people remember Leonard Smith running out of the tunnel to "Leonards Lair" - man we could use a dose of that

The Bills could use something that points our team to a new direction - attract actual good free agents...

Look forward to seeing tonites game - I think CN ends up in the top 5 in the draft.

I'm with you...but I am also smelling Vince Young, etc.

I don't want "charisma" that is actually "immaturity".

I don't want "vocal leader" that is actually "whines/blames others when things don't go his way".

I don't want "can throw a ball 60 yards on his knees" that is actually "can't even read man or zone, never mind coverages, therefore can't even complete 10 yard passes in real game".

I don't want "running threat" that is actually "undisciplined, play-book averse fool that will run for 120 yards a game...and throw for 30, and then do shoe commericals". (Especially in Gailey's quick read/throw offense)

I am looking forward to tonight, honestly. But, I want to see some adversity for Newton, and, I want to see him make some NFL-level throws and perhaps even read some defenses. He's a big risk to take and he scares the crap out of me.

Win a big game? At Alabama this year? SEC Championship game? Those are pretty big games. Come from behind? Auburn has come from behind in 8 games to win but the biggest was likely the Alabama game after being down 24-7 to win it 28-27.

He is a once in a generation athlete who set an NCAA record for passing effeciency who is 6-6 250 and run a legit 4.4 40.

Passing on him for anyone else will be the equivalent to teams passing on Michael Jordan for Clyde Drexler and Sam Bowie.

He instantly gives this team a chance to win every game, he has no character issues and is a born leader.

His pro day, combine and BCS performance tonight will likely push him to the no. 1 pick with Luck being out. You prolly don't believe that but it's true.

Win a big game? At Alabama this year? SEC Championship game? Those are pretty big games. Come from behind? Auburn has come from behind in 8 games to win but the biggest was likely the Alabama game after being down 24-7 to win it 28-27.

He is a once in a generation athlete who set an NCAA record for passing effeciency who is 6-6 250 and run a legit 4.4 40.

Passing on him for anyone else will be the equivalent to teams passing on Michael Jordan for Clyde Drexler and Sam Bowie.

He instantly gives this team a chance to win every game, he has no character issues and is a born leader.

His pro day, combine and BCS performance tonight will likely push him to the no. 1 pick with Luck being out. You prolly don't believe that but it's true.

So, is his game closer to Vince Young, or Warren Moon?

The former had the exact same stats/one liners/hype before he was drafted. The latter was willing to go to Canada, play and persevere, and made the most of his opportunity. The former is done, the latter is a Hall of Famer.

I hate putting all my stock in a guy into one game...but I'd like to see Cam throw well and make good decisions tonight. If he does, i have no problem with the Bills selecting him at #3. Let's face it, Chan said it himself...Fitz is the guy now but if you have a chance to set yourself up for the next 10 years..and you are in a position to do it, you do it. It will be fun to watch tonight.

So, is his game closer to Vince Young, or Warren Moon?

The former had the exact same stats/one liners/hype before he was drafted. The latter was willing to go to Canada, play and persevere, and made the most of his opportunity. The former is done, the latter is a Hall of Famer.

To be honest I think he's closer to John Elway but much faster and with the moves of a RB.

your thread should have been titled. "OK NICK FAIRLEY SHOW ME WHAT YOU GOT'' id much rather have fairley than cam newton. and he shouldnt be a top 3 pick anyway. our D gave up 8 200yard rushing games. not our offense. fix the D!! if cam is gonna be a LB ok but i dont think he wants to play D

You do realize that Newton has already won @ 'bama, then the SEC title game, don't you? Or do those not qualify as big games? He also had i believe 3 wins this season where Auburn was down by 14+ points.

I'm not saying to draft the guy, but Christ, learn about a player before you spout off. He's already shown he can do everything you asked of him at the collegiate level.

I'm going to watch this game with 100% amnesia as to everything I know of him beforehand. Forget the off-field issues, the transfers, everything.

With that being said, I hope he has an amazing game. So amazing that he creates top 10 buzz. I don't want the Bills to grab him as I want to see Fitz get one more year as the starter and find a way to go after Luck next year. With that, I want to see all of the QB needy teams out there grab guys this year.

I'm going to watch this game with 100% amnesia as to everything I know of him beforehand. Forget the off-field issues, the transfers, everything.

With that being said, I hope he has an amazing game. So amazing that he creates top 10 buzz. I don't want the Bills to grab him as I want to see Fitz get one more year as the starter and find a way to go after Luck next year. With that, I want to see all of the QB needy teams out there grab guys this year.

Full Disclosure: I don't have to worry about feigned amnesia because I have never seen the man play one down, ever. My only exposure to Cam Newton is what I have read on the internet in the last week. And, that sounded a hell of a lot like Vince Young hype. That's all I know about him.

I get to be completely objective going into this game. I couldn't care less about college football in general, so I will only know what I see tonight.

1. look good in a bikini - ewwwwwww!!!

2. Show me you can win a big game, come from behind, throw accurately, evade a strong rush - Did you see him play this year? The Alabama game being my case and point.

3. Good Martini - Real football fans drink beer :D

I'd settle for a Clyde Drexler at this point. :D

I agree. I think he will end up being the #1 overall pick in the draft. But if not and if the Bills pass on him at 3, I will be very disappointed and I think the Billa will regret it.

Maybe my facetiousness didn't come through....I think CN is the best thing to come along in a while and I hope we draft him....

You do realize that Newton has already won @ 'bama, then the SEC title game, don't you? Or do those not qualify as big games? He also had i believe 3 wins this season where Auburn was down by 14+ points.

I'm not saying to draft the guy, but Christ, learn about a player before you spout off. He's already shown he can do everything you asked of him at the collegiate level.

Easy fella - I was JOKING[/b....I have been following him all year!! Do you think we should check if he looks good in a bikini?

Kind of a mockumentary on the same titled thread for Mallet!

Wasn't it Akeem Alajuwon (sp?) He was actually pretty good too.