RIP Cookie

JoeF

http://blogs.buffalonews.com/billboard/2011/01/cookie-gilcrhist-is-dead.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+typepad%2Fbuffalonews%2Fbillboard+%28BillBoard%29

RIP Cookie Gilchrist. Died at 75 this AM. As tough a runner as we will ever see. Thanks for leading us to the championship in 64..

Edited by JoeF

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i am sure anyone old enough to remember cookie gilchrist will be saddened today it has been reported that he died today. i am old enough to remember his career in buffalo, what a time to be a bills fan.

I saw him play many times at the Rock Pile. Huge loss. He was a beast on the field and a good guy all around. I was young and Gilchrist, Kemp, Dubenion and Sestak were my heros. Rest in peace Cookie.

I saw him play many times at the Rock Pile. Huge loss. He was a beast on the field and a good guy all around. I was young and Gilchrist, Kemp, Dubenion and Sestak were my heros. Rest in peace Cookie.

it sure was fun, feel privileged to have been a youngster growing up with that team. it seemed football , overall, was just better!. you never saw cookie signal "first down",he just played.

Edited by dwight in philly