Tim Tebow ESPN Documentary

FluffHead

Do you think that Tebow's agent is allowed to tell Denver which teams have expressed interest in Tebow so Denver knows how far back they can afford to trade down and still bank on getting him? That's what I wondering.

Of course he can. Do you think teams sometimes tell a player he's 100% and then draft someone they didn't talk to? Because I've heard that many times too.

Do you think that Tebow's agent is allowed to tell Denver which teams have expressed interest in Tebow so Denver knows how far back they can afford to trade down and still bank on getting him? That's what I wondering.

I'm pretty sure that happens all the time. There really wouldn't be any practical way to regulate that, so I'm sure the NFL doesn't love it, but can't do anything about it. Besides, the smart GM wouldn't listen to a word an agent says.

Edited by Dr. Fong

I agree with you that he is the type of person you would be proud to have on your team. A lot of people are uncomfortable with his religiosity. I'm not. He is very comfortable with who he is and what he stands for. There is nothing false about him.

Yes, there are doubts about him as a NFL qb because of his unconventional throwing motion. But what everyone knows you are going to get from him is maximum preparation and leadership. There are plenty of qbs who might have better passing skills but don't come close to matching him in an ability to lead a team. Whatever deficiencies Tebow has as a passer he will work like a demon to upgrade and will be successful.

My annoyance with Tebow DOES have to do with his religiosity, in that he is QB of average skillset, but is canonized because of his "aw shucks" demeanor and high moral Christian values. Strip that away and you'd have another Tee Martin and he wouldn't be selected in the first round of the draft.

I still believe his strengths won't translate well to being a full starter in the NFL. Maybe a gadget QB at best.

Edited by Heels20X6

I'm pretty sure that happens all the time. There really wouldn't be any practical way to regulate that, so I'm sure the NFL doesn't love it, but can't do anything about it. Besides, the smart GM wouldn't listen to a word an agent says.

Thats the other half. If they listened every agent could say "sorry, he will be gone by 10 - better trade waaaaay up and open the checkbook."

My annoyance with Tebow DOES have to do with his religiosity, in that he is QB of average skillset, but is canonized because of his "aw shucks" demeanor and high moral Christian values. Strip that away and you'd have another Tee Martin and he wouldn't be selected in the first round of the draft.

I still believe his strengths won't translate well to being a full starter in the NFL. Maybe a gadget QB at best.

So you're saying he got drafted because of all his religious beliefs? How he publicy praises God? The broncos I don't think would have shelled out the money on a 25th pick if they didn't think he was worth it (unless they thought they were going to sell 41M worth of tickets-in the next 5 years)

Edited by STLBILLS15

So you're saying he got drafted because of all his religious beliefs? How he publicy praises God? The broncos I don't think would have shelled out the money on a 25th pick if they didn't think he was worth it (unless they thought they were going to sell 41M worth of tickets-in the next 5 years)

Not directly because of his religious beliefs but because of all the hype that came with it. Let's not use Denver as the gold standard of drafting last year shall we? Their moves were soundly mocked and the person making them (McDaniels) didn't even finish the year. Tebow was selected purely for the hype and to sell jerseys and tickets.

Take away the hype and he's at best, an average quarterback with terrible mechanics.

Thats the other half. If they listened every agent could say "sorry, he will be gone by 10 - better trade waaaaay up and open the checkbook."

Exactly. Makes me wonder who has had the Bills' ear in seasons past. "You don't want Ngata, he's a big fat guy. You want my boy Whitner. He's going to be Ronnie Lott. If you don't pick him you'll be the guy that passed on the next Ronnie Lott."

I think ESPN needs to do more stories of the "good" NFL players do. The good men, who happen to be NFL players, get crowded out by the media's obsession for controversy and scandal.

I'm thinking of players like Warrick Dunn. It could be argued he's had more of an impact on the NFL and its fans for his off the field work than his on-the field performance.

Hearing about this interest from the Bills makes it seem more likely that the Bills would be interested in a guy like Newton...unless their interest in Tebow was heavily weighted on his character and leadership rather than his physical gifts/skills. I think that pretty much anything Tebow can do, Newton can do better....on the field anyway.

Not directly because of his religious beliefs but because of all the hype that came with it. Let's not use Denver as the gold standard of drafting last year shall we? Their moves were soundly mocked and the person making them (McDaniels) didn't even finish the year. Tebow was selected purely for the hype and to sell jerseys and tickets.

Take away the hype and he's at best, an average quarterback with terrible mechanics.

BUT HE TRIES HARDER THAN EVERYONE ELSE IN THE NFL. HE'S A WINNER. HE MAKES EVERYONE BETTER.

What's so hard to believe that people can be attracted to this kind of kid and what he believes in? Even if it's not what you believe. Just because you don't like Christians (which is obvious), doesn't mean this isn't a great young man. You said "Strip that away and you'd have another Tee Martin and he wouldn't be selected in the first round of the draft.". You can't believe he got drafted because he believes in Jesus, do you? He got drafted for other things beside great throwing mechanics, which do not make him Tee Martin. Your just so hung up on hating Christians you can't see past that.

What's so hard to believe that people can be attracted to this kind of kid and what he believes in? Even if it's not what you believe. Just because you don't like Christians (which is obvious), doesn't mean this isn't a great young man. You said "Strip that away and you'd have another Tee Martin and he wouldn't be selected in the first round of the draft.". You can't believe he got drafted because he believes in Jesus, do you? He got drafted for other things beside great throwing mechanics, which do not make him Tee Martin. Your just so hung up on hating Christians you can't see past that.

ugh

Yeah, we couldn't possibly have parted with the pick that lander CJ Spiller.

Hey, I didn't say CJ was some great pick worthy of his selection. I'm just telling you there's no way Buddy would pick Tebow at that spot. And please stop acting like Spiller is a total bust. It was his first year, give him another season before you dismiss him as a player. He's still got a lot of talent.

I would have preferred someone else as well at that spot but that's easy to say now.

Back to the topic, I loved this special. Hope they make a few more like this in the future.

I keep thinking about the ramifications if Tebow fell to us in the 2nd. Would Fitz have been cut in camp (or before it) because Trent would have held onto his spot with Tebow learning behind him?! Gailey clearly chose Edwards as his guy at first. Just something to think about. Then again, I suppose they could have kept all 3 QBs but maybe they would have cut one to save some cash.

Hey, I didn't say CJ was some great pick worthy of his selection. I'm just telling you there's no way Buddy would pick Tebow at that spot. And please stop acting like Spiller is a total bust. It was his first year, give him another season before you dismiss him as a player. He's still got a lot of talent.

I would have preferred someone else as well at that spot but that's easy to say now.

Back to the topic, I loved this special. Hope they make a few more like this in the future.

I keep thinking about the ramifications if Tebow fell to us in the 2nd. Would Fitz have been cut in camp (or before it) because Trent would have held onto his spot with Tebow learning behind him?! Gailey clearly chose Edwards as his guy at first. Just something to think about. Then again, I suppose they could have kept all 3 QBs but maybe they would have cut one to save some cash.

I say give Spiller next season and even another on top of that. Spiller is alot like the Raiders' Darren McFadden. McFadden was a bust by all accounts until this year. He finally showed patience when running and it led to a breakout year. CJ will have to get that same mentality and stop thinking he can use his speed for everything like he did @ Clemson.

Great show. Gota love Tebow. It's debatable but I think this confirms we were not trying to make a run at him later on in the 1st. It seems Denver was the only team ever really going to take him that high.

The only reason there was ever confusion on this point is that the guy whom the Bills actually were interested in trading back into the first round for was also drafted by Denver.