Moats is the man!!!!

Big Buffalo

Just wait until we get Danny Batten back from IR next year. ;)

I really like what I saw from Batten in the pre-season. Has qualities similar to Moats in that he is a tenacious player who seems to "bring it" on every play. He is also known for his good character and leadership skills...good locker room guy. It'd be nice if we could slide him into that other OLB position. I think he would be best on the strong side because of his size and ability to play the run.

Moats is a pleasant surprise but he had a very good college career in 1aa. He is making impact plays.

He has some learning to due but he seems to be more of a natural than any other lb that we have. He does get controlled at times but he has the non stop motor and has looked good against bigger and stronger players. He has more upside than any defender that we have.

Poz is an average LB with very little upside left if any. Moats in his short tenure has made more impact plays than Poz, Maybin. combined. I understand why Gailey gave him a try at ILB at the beginning of the season. He would be a monster at that position if he could master it. However if he doesn't improve he could be the latest flavor of the week. He has James Harrison, Elvis Dumerville capabilities. I think Gailey and staff will coach him up.

I really lke Moats, and am eager to see if he gets stronger going into next year. He could be a real handful as a pass rusher.

On the negative side, he looks a bit slow in pass coverage, and I think can be exploited. As far as I can tell he's making decent reads, but just can't physically keep up with receivers. I'm just going off of what I see on TV, which is nowhere near the full plays (or Moats on all of the plays). I kind of hope he's just making his reads a bit slowly and will improve. If it's raw speed he lacks, that might really limit him.

Moats has 3 sacks this season and could easily finish with 4 or 5 and its made more impressive given that he has only been starting at OLB for a few games.

All in all I think we can roll with Moats at one OLB and draft a pass rusher at the other OLB. Also Poz is a more then capable MLB.

Agreed with POZ does not suck he's average- I have attacked the unwarranted hype he got early in his career along with the brutal criticism London Fletcher got- but if Poz stays healthy he is serviceable- as for Moats he has certainly shown some pass rushing skills.

Agreed...poz is turning out to be a poor mans version of Fletcher, constantly making tackles downfield. The only difference is that Fletcher would have cost 25M whereas poz came for 5M. Business decision.

carrington troupe williams...

draft, free agent, poz, moats

OK not to be the Bluebird of Pessimism here

Williams, undersize and all, has been lighting the place up as a nose tackle.

Why do we think it would be beneficial to move him to end? Second post I've seen suggesting this.

Kelsey. We extended him. So where does he fit if above is the scheme?

Thanks

carrington troupe williams...

draft, free agent, poz, moats

Thank you for spelling out the detail on why WE DO NOT NEED TO DRAFT MORE DL's!!!! :thumbsup:

We may be able to draft both LB's - I sure would like to see the Bills' grab the top TE - whoever that is.

1. LB

2. TE

3. LB

Would make me very happy next April.

The next off-season/draft needs to find a really good DE that can get after the passer and complement Moats, but he would need to be able to stop the run, too. Hopefully, we can move Kyle to the other DE spot and have Troup fill the NT spot. Then we would have a line that can cause trouble. Both the DEs would be able to rush and stop the run.

No, we need Da'quan Bowers on the other DE side... ;)

Thank you for spelling out the detail on why WE DO NOT NEED TO DRAFT MORE DL's!!!! :thumbsup:

We may be able to draft both LB's - I sure would like to see the Bills' grab the top TE - whoever that is.

1. LB

2. TE

3. LB

+1 with one modification: OLB, ILB, OT, in any order over our first three picks.

+1 with one modification: OLB, ILB, OT, in any order over our first three picks.

I think we could use a Fa tight end, draft another later on in. I like the olb,ilb who can cover a little/lot, and ot( there are some good ones too). Those seem good picks Nickel. Not in that order. maybe.

But I forgot about this Batten and shamefully know little about him.

Help me out please.

I think coach will make Pozlusny better and more effective with a couple more tweaks to the D in the offseason. Moats himself has made Poz a little better looking already. He is consistent for the most part. As Chan says in way, packages.

I'm liking Moats's big play ability, perhaps we should continue to Scout James Madison for more 6th round talent. I'm always amazed how Buffalo gets great late round talent but cant pick a decent 1st round round except maybe 3 out of 10 years. Woods, Evans, Spiller.

That's why as much as people female dog about the Bills drafting (it's been bad no doubt) but it still is a crap shoot. It doesn't make sense that 6th rounders from JMU should outperform 1st rounders from LB U.

1. LB

2. TE

3. LB

dream scenario is david harris to take the inside lb and draft the olb. i think we can resolve our tight end through free agency as well. i doubt bo scaife or zach miller become free agents but one can dream. in the draft i say we trade down and pick up an extra second and we take a rt, and two lb's with the first 3 picks and a nose tackle in the 3rd for depth.