Austin Collie

WVUFootball29

The Austin Collie story has turned into a really really sad one. He's an awesome player but Let's be real, his career is in serious jeopardy. He is now prone to concussions and it's a foregone conclusion he's going to get more if he keeps playing. I think he ends his career early and keeps his brain from turning to mush.

I was only using driving as an example. There are other things to indicate the jelly-ness of an over 60 brain.

My post indicated that I have much or respect for old people than anyone but I guess you didn't read that part.

Non worries, Crayolaman. He just doesn't know you well..:flirt:

The extra padding on the outside of the helmet really does nothing about protecting the brain from hitting the inside of the skull. Sure it may soften the blow just a smidge, but nothing to have any serious effect. The bottom line is, this is a violent, contact sport. Concussions are going to happen and it is a known risk every time a player puts their shoulder pads and helmets on.

It's sad that this has happened to Austin, he has become a really good player. Just looks like the poor kid has been caught in the wrong spot at the wrong time about 3 times this year. The NFL has done a lot to protect the players, but I honestly don't know how much more they could do.

Spoken like a true arrogant teenage burgerflipping punk who has never spent any actual time working with 60 yr old people

I have as much or more respect for old people than anyone, but if you've ever driven behind some codger doing 32 in a 65 you'd realize that the average human brain is pretty much jelly at 60.

I have cut and paste my first post from this thread above. I have bolded the part you did not understand.

Not that it compares to what he's going through, but he was my fantasy stud this year. I won several games with him early and advanced to my championship game with his huge first half last week. Too bad from a fantasy perspective, but I'd rather see the guy sit and get himself healthy.

I had him on my team early on as well. Then someone offered me RB Arian Foster for him. That was just before he (collie) went out for 5 games. Best trade I ever made.

I feel really bad for the guy. Hopefully he does the right thing and sitsthe rest if the season and gets himself healthy. Nothing is worth the risk he would be taking by coming back too early.

I have as much or more respect for old people than anyone, but if you've ever driven behind some codger doing 32 in a 65 you'd realize that the average human brain is pretty much jelly at 60.

Which is still 10mph faster than the 19 year old girl with her cellphone and ipod