Eric Wood to start at Center this week.

Thoner7

Minnesota's defensive line is sick but I have a new respect for Hangartner after seeing how badly he was missed this past Sunday. That being said it's about time we move wood to center. Talent is talent and a good fit is a good fit but I am tired of us taking players in the draft and using them in unfamiliar spots. We have an unknown undrafted whatever at LT, a LT at RG, a C at LG and a swing lineman G at C.

Can't we find guys that are good enough to play their college position in the NFL !?!?!? As a lot feel Buffalo is always trying to get by on the cheap. Instead of drafting top guys at a position they already play we take a lower prospect from some other position and move him to a new one and expect him to excel.

Why oh why do you say this? Please explain.

Well....I think Wood's natural position is at center.

This is a good point in the season, even though it is out of necessity, to give Wood a try at center. If he excells there over the next 4 games, I think it would be easy for the coaching staff to make the move permanent,IMO.

why would this move be permanent? hangartner is solid, and wood is playing very well at RG. you could argue that wood used to play C. but he sure looks comfortable there, and why would u swap him and hangartner when they are both healthy? you dont IMO

Who said anything about swapping Hang and Wood?

It would be more likely that Urbik would take over at RG next year(if healthy) if Wood moves to center.

I could live with a Levitre-Wood-Urbik inerior line with Hangartner backing up all 3 positions.

Well....I think Wood's natural position is at center.

This is a good point in the season, even though it is out of necessity, to give Wood a try at center. If he excells there over the next 4 games, I think it would be easy for the coaching staff to make the move permanent,IMO.

Who said anything about swapping Hang and Wood?

It would be more likely that Urbik would take over at RG next year(if healthy) if Wood moves to center.

I could live with a Levitre-Wood-Urbik inerior line with Hangartner backing up all 3 positions.

I hope this is true and Wood looks at C like Fitz looked after he took over for Edwards at QB. Wood seems like a natural Cneter wiuth his size and strength. Harty would be good overall backup for us to add depth.

I know there are a ton of other reasons why we would go back in time that are more important than football, BUT how great would it be to go back to the Bills' War Room in 2006 and put the notion in Levy's and Modrack's ears,

"Mangold, not McCargo...;Mangold, not McCargo."

Hell, while we are at it, might as well power up the flux capacitor a little more to a couple of hours earlier and whisper,

"Ngata, not Whitner...Ngata, not Whitner."

Edited by dollars 2 donuts

Wood has been playing poorly at an easier position than center, so why would we be excited to see him move to center?

I see this as terrible news only.

Then you are an idiot ! Wodd is far and away our best lineman and would start for nearly every other NFL team.

His leg injury from last year has slowed his growth but by next season I expect him to be 100 % and selected to the Pro Bowl !

My own ' inside sources ' ( :rolleyes: ) have confirmed this move...

Wall Street Journal - Bills forced to juggle O-line

Bills vs. Browns: Bills Will Platoon RG, Wood To Center

Buffalo News - Wood ready at C

This, BTW, is GREAT news for the future of the Bills O-line, as Wood is (IMHO) a future All-Pro center...

After redshirting his initial year at Louisville, Wood started all 12 games at center for the Cardinals in 2005. He earned Freshman All-American honors by Rivals.com, Sporting News and College Football News. Also an excellent student, earned Academic All-Big East accolades as well.

Wood remained Louisville's starting center in his sophomore and junior seasons, starting all 13 and 12 games, respectively. Led by quarterback Brian Brohm, the 2007 Cardinals offense ranked sixth nationally with an average of 488.0 yards per game. Wood earned All-Big East honors in both years, and again in his senior season. He finished his career with 49 consecutive starts at center, the second-longest streak in school history behind Travis Leffew (51, 2002-05).

Alongside Alex Mack, Wood was considered one of the best centers available in the 2009 NFL Draft. He has been compared to Brad Meester by The Sporting News, but his instincts and "nastiness" on the field had scouts comparing him to the NFL's old time centers like Mike Webster of the Pittsburgh Steelers and Tim Grunhard of the Kansas City Chiefs. (from Wiki)

Minnesota's defensive line is sick but I have a new respect for Hangartner after seeing how badly he was missed this past Sunday. That being said it's about time we move wood to center. Talent is talent and a good fit is a good fit but I am tired of us taking players in the draft and using them in unfamiliar spots. We have an unknown undrafted whatever at LT, a LT at RG, a C at LG and a swing lineman G at C.

Can't we find guys that are good enough to play their college position in the NFL !?!?!? As a lot feel Buffalo is always trying to get by on the cheap. Instead of drafting top guys at a position they already play we take a lower prospect from some other position and move him to a new one and expect him to excel.

Agree 100%! Had the sh*t makes me sick! Draft the rookie and let him play the position he played in college! If not, don't draft him!