Harrison fined $25,000 for Fitzpatrick hit

smuvtalker

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/10334/1107184-100.stm

Wow! They aren't playing around with this guy. Personally I don't care for the dude but dang, he's got to be thinking, "I better chill out". Next illegal hit almost guarantees he'll be suspended...

I'm curious to see what his reaction is. I'm not convinced it was a bad hit.I know the NFL is trying to change but it is a fast and physical game.

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/10334/1107184-100.stm

Wow! They aren't playing around with this guy. Personally I don't care for the dude but dang, he's got to be thinking, "I better chill out". Next illegal hit almost guarantees he'll be suspended...

I am beginning to wonder if he will ever get suspended. Seems like he pays a fine almost every week. If he doesn't get suspended how can people be upset that Andre Johson didn't get suspended? Harrison is just a dirty player, plain and simple. Eventually he will paralyze someone or even worse, then the league might wish they did something besides collect his money for charity.

Was it because it was helmet to helmet or because he was a defenseless player?

Most likley because he left his feet like a missile and hit head first.

I hope he talks about retirement again... that was super funny.

"The definition of stupidity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." -Albert Einstein

Einstein was defining "insanity", not "stupidity".

Einstein was defining "insanity", not "stupidity".

lol

EDIT:

BTW he's been fined 17% (125K) of his 755K salary this year...although he got 10M bonus last year and a 2.8M bonus this year.

Edited by dayman

Was it because it was helmet to helmet or because he was a defenseless player?

Steelers LB James Harrison has been fined $25,000 for roughing the passer, a league source told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter. Harrison made “helmet contact” to the chest of Bills quarterback Ryan Fitzpatrick, who was in a defenseless position at the time the contact was made.

So it was more or less for spearing a defenseless player, not contact to the head. I can see that.