Schopp sticks his foot in his mouth yet again

The_Philster

I have no problem with what either person said, but I do not believe that Schopp is a Bills fan. In fact, I think he's stated otherwise--he's not a fan, he covers the team, or something like that. Bulldog is a fan.

School is not a fan. He's a Bills hater. In fact Schopp is a baseball and hockey guy and a trading card guy. I wish he'd stick to that instead of playing the "I'm so smart and your boring me" role he assumes on air . But my remedy for Schopp is easy- I don't listen.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stevie Johnson is not an impact player.

Regardless of these last few weeks.

Us old schoolers no better.

You want to be consider an impact player? Win a game on a play you complete.

Losers go home and fondle themselves Stevie, Winners go home and f@#k the prom queen.

Us 'new-schoolers' no know better too. God forbid he had an opportunity to "win a game on a play you complete." But he hasn't, he's only done what he could with the time/plays/passes that have been given to him. And he's not too bad.

Also, that is freaking awesome that he hit Schopp back w/ a tweet that set the facts straight. I actually want to listen to the show so i can call in and ask him about it...but I won't.

It's funny you would hold this opinion of Stevie Johnson considering how exuberantly you chose to fellate Eric Moulds in another thread. I loved Moulds too, but even in his NFL Playoff record setting performance against the Dolphins in '98 he didn't make enough of an impact for the Bills to actually win the game.

Stevie's career trajectory is remarkably similar to that of Eric Moulds, oddly enough. On average, a wide receiver isn't likely to be the difference between winning and losing when a team like the 2010 Bills has as many holes as they do... in fact, I can't imagine a WR doing much more than Stevie has done these past 6 weeks. Maybe you should get your head out of your ass? Just a thought.

awesome. thank you very much!!

Edited by stony

Jeez, some of you guys are the some of the biggest little wussies I've ever seen.

What Schopp said is exactly correct. Exactly. No one can argue it. Get over it.

And then, what SJ said was exactly correct. Good for Stevie for having enough pride to defend himself. He cares.

Both things are great. I hope the Bills continue to take heat for being an awful organization. Hopefully it will shame them into getting better. Now, we also know they are listening.

On the other hand, I love Stevie even more. He cares. He stuck up for himself. He has pride. Something we have all wondered if anyone on this team has. That's why it's more fun to root for these guys than maybe the last 10 years. The QB cares. The blossoming WR cares. The NT cares. They have a pulse.

Two good things came out of what Schopp said. Keep the pressure on. And SJ, keep caring. I love both.

Losers go home and fondle themselves Stevie, Winners go home and f@#k the prom queen.

You're not an impact human being.

retard

Edited by Endless Ike

School is not a fan. He's a Bills hater. In fact Schopp is a baseball and hockey guy and a trading card guy. I wish he'd stick to that instead of playing the "I'm so smart and your boring me" role he assumes on air . But my remedy for Schopp is easy- I don't listen.

He doesn't hate them, either; he just doesn't see himself as a fan. Two years ago, during the 5-1 start, he wasn't nearly as critical of the team as he is now, for example. If this team were playoff-bound, he would be praising them. He's pretty critical of the Sabres right now, too. He sees himself as a journalist and not a fan. Also, the sports that he is a fan of, aren't team sports (he's a big tennis and golf guy).

As above, Bulldog, on the other hand, is a Bills and Sabres fan, which is why he is the more frustrated (or enthusiastic, when one of the teams is doing well) of the two.

The "I'm so smart and you're boring me" stuff irritates me, too, but I still like most of the show. Sully (on air) annoys me more than Schopp does, actually.

Remember Kids!

Players are evaluated on Wins and Losses in the ultimate TEAM sport!

What a joke , and there are SOOOO many out there who feel they are correct in judging football players this way... It's amazing really.

Record of all WR's ever in NFL history? 0-0

Spoken like a true meat head! You keep wearing that varsity letter jacket sunshine, looks good on ya!

Never thought I would agree with or defend Schopp....but...

They effen are 0-8!!! Johnson should go back to playing Madden football online where he can actually experience Bills victories.

The point is he took a fragment of a quote out of context and reposted it, in the process, creating what appeared to be something entirely different than what S.Johnson had said.

Schopp realized he was wrong:

HATE to kill a Twitter buzz, but Stevie Johnson has reason to be mad at me. I heard his comments differently than he meant them. And...

I have been waiting for the Bills to react to smack for years. Finally! This is a good sign.

link

He even got Thurman jumping there...

Anyone saying that Steve Johnson isn't an impact player needs to watch the games and/or get their eyes checked.

Short of taking snaps at OLB, Johnson is doing everything he can to make plays for the Bills. If we had even one or two wins under our belt at this point, questioning Stevie's impact would be ludicrous. But because this team is winless, any fool can open their mouth freely and speak without thinking, falling back on that winless record as an iron-clad crutch. All I'll say is that right now this is a bad Bills team; without Stevie, this would be a putrid Bills team.

So Al, how was life at Polk High? Still reliving those glory days....

Schopp is a nerdy AV guy who got a job talking about sports you can tell from what he says he has never played any sport competitively.

I have bashed Schopp in the past...but he's grown on me lately.

The guy can be an antagonist, and the Dolphins game last year was about as low as he could have gone. He is a fan, he claims not to be, but his reaction says different. He gets upset because he cares...much like the people on this board.

Schopp doesn't have the "I am smarter than you" thing going on...he is just smarter than you. What the guy says make sense, and there are plenty of times that he puts things out for discussion that people misconstrue as his opinion, and when they call they show all fired up and ready to fight, he can be a little crass. In his defense he brings up good, viable topics, and when you call and either bash the team, or defend them, with no adherence to the topic, he becomes annoyed. At the end of the day, it is his show. If you don't like it, don't listen, if you don't listen, he won't have a show. Well...not you alone, which means he must be doing something right because he is one of the go to guys at the station.

This team is winless. That is a fact. Schopp put Stevie on Front St in an inappropriate manner...he acknowledged it, but he is absolutely right, in the fact that it is !@#$ing awesome to see Stevie jump his **** for it.

I am excited for the prospects of this team, and many of it's young players. If anything this is a positive situation, and may actually be a sort of bridge in the gap between the Bills and the local media. It is sad, we could have the best coverage if there was a little more of a connection, instead both are kind of like high school girls, taking shots at each other, and never while they coexist, without possessing the ability, or willingness, to bury the hatchet for the good of the fans, which is ultimately the health of their products.

Schopp is a radio personality, who is payed to cause a stir and drum up some listeners...I applaud the free marketing, and I hope it lights a fire under he ass of this team, and we don't wait to fall behind before we make the game interesting, only to watch an errant throw get picked and blow it.