James Harrison pondering retirement

smuvtalker

Harrison, who was fined $75,000 for a hit that knocked Mohamed Massaquoi out of the Steelers' win over the Cleveland Browns, said Tuesday on Fox Sports Radio's "Into The Night with Tony Bruno" that he might consider retirement.

"I'm going to sit down and have a serious conversation with my coach tomorrow and see if I can actually play by NFL rules and still be effective," Harrison told guest host Judy McDonald. "If not, I may have to give up playing football."

Boo hoo James. This guy has got to be kidding me! You get fined 75,000 for hits that were obviously with intent to harm, and now you're ready to give up football??

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

LMAO So he considers cheap shots playing football? Hey hit the bricks ahole. These head to head shots are uncalled for and you are taking a chance on ruining someone elses career.

The thing that bothers me is his attitude. He plays a physical game which I like and sometimes guys get caught up in the moment and go too far. I can live with that.

But Harrison is happy to hurt people. He likes doing it and thinks he hasn't really injured the player if they're just "taking a little nap." :blink: I'm not sure how a player can have this attitude/PoV in 2010 when everybody knows how serious concussions are but I'd be happy if all players with this attitude retired so guys who are out there just trying to help their team win while not demolishing another player's career can get the accolades they deserve.

And btw, WTF is up with the player's union? Why is it that they only protect the interests of their member's wallets and not their health?

Isn’t there a little bit of hypocrisy here folks? Granted I’m all for players getting fined or suspended for blatant illegal hits. But out of one side of the NFL’s mouth they’re saying we’re worried about player safety and then out of the other they say they want an 18 game regular season.

Harrison, who was fined $75,000 for a hit that knocked Mohamed Massaquoi out of the Steelers' win over the Cleveland Browns, said Tuesday on Fox Sports Radio's "Into The Night with Tony Bruno" that he might consider retirement.

"I'm going to sit down and have a serious conversation with my coach tomorrow and see if I can actually play by NFL rules and still be effective," Harrison told guest host Judy McDonald. "If not, I may have to give up playing football."

Boo hoo James. This guy has got to be kidding me! You get fined 75,000 for hits that were obviously with intent to harm, and now you're ready to give up football??

The only way he knows how to play the game is by using violence.We have reached such a low point in the NFL.

That is the most stupid and retarded statement I have ever heard from an NFL player. Retire because he does not know how else to play the game!!! What a moron!!!