OFFICIAL GAMEDAY THREAD (10/3/10): BILLS @ JETS

sven233

If we go 0-16, which I can't believe I've finally got to this point, but it's seeming more and more feasible -- if we go winless, and the Bills go into next year and still stubbornly throw away draft picks on illogical selections, throw small contracts to sub-average back-ups from other teams and completely ignore, for no particular reason, various problem areas while stock piling talent at a couple of soft-outcome positions...

If they continue to do all that after being 0-16, after being at the absolute bottom, with teams who can't score putting up 40 on us, with the offense barely able to get positive yardage, how many of us will be done?

That would make them worse than the Lions, which is as low as you can go. I'm willing to give them through next year's draft to show me that this thing can be turned around. I am willing to believe that it is still not irreversibly damaged. But this is the first time in my whole fandom that I'm seriously beginning to consider that I have to come to terms with the idea that no matter what -- no matter how bad it could possibly get, the Bills will not take the appropriate steps to remedy the situation. It is a thing that I can't completely understand, which makes it all the more frustrating.

I'm giving them one more draft, and trying to find little rays of hope in games like these, like, David Nelson looks good today. But I am also looking at other teams that I enjoy watching, like, say, the Ravens, and asking myself "Why not?"

Thank you Ralph Wilson

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

If we go 0-16, which I can't believe I've finally got to this point, but it's seeming more and more feasible -- if we go winless, and the Bills go into next year and still stubbornly throw away draft picks on illogical selections, throw small contracts to sub-average back-ups from other teams and completely ignore, for no particular reason, various problem areas while stock piling talent at a couple of soft-outcome positions...

If they continue to do all that after being 0-16, after being at the absolute bottom, with teams who can't score putting up 40 on us, with the offense barely able to get positive yardage, how many of us will be done?

That would make them worse than the Lions, which is as low as you can go. I'm willing to give them through next year's draft to show me that this thing can be turned around. I am willing to believe that it is still not irreversibly damaged. But this is the first time in my whole fandom that I'm seriously beginning to consider that I have to come to terms with the idea that no matter what -- no matter how bad it could possibly get, the Bills will not take the appropriate steps to remedy the situation. It is a thing that I can't completely understand, which makes it all the more frustrating.

I'm giving them one more draft, and trying to find little rays of hope in games like these, like, David Nelson looks good today. But I am also looking at other teams that I enjoy watching, like, say, the Ravens, and asking myself "Why not?"

Makes me sort of wonder how they got Kelly, Thomas, Reed and Smith in the first place. Almost seems like sheer luck.

Agreed. HUGE mistake bringing him here. He was a LB coach for the Dolphins for 5 years. NEVER should have been hired as DC....doesn't have ANY DC experience. We all expected the switch to the 3-4 was going to have it's bumps and bruises, but the pass coverage doesn't seem to be anywhere near that of last year.

Why is the focus on our defensive coach, how about the pathetic offense of our head coach.

They are just as awful

I'd like to see Spiller in blocking protection against Kelsay. Neither would win.

For all of the Lee Evans defenders, each of you can probably cover the dude. He just plain sucks. He has disappeared better than Aemelia Earhart.

Makes me sort of wonder how they got Kelly, Thomas, Reed and Smith in the first place. Almost seems like sheer luck.

It's funny because Polian is only responsible for Thurman out of the group you mention, even though he always gets credit for building that team. In fact, the core of the SB teams was brought in before Polian, although he filled the roster with all of the great role players that really made that era so good.

It very well may have been luck.