OFFICIAL GAMEDAY THREAD (10/3/10): BILLS @ JETS

sven233

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

"When you look at Ryan Fitzpatrick, you are looking at the quarterback of the Buffalo Bills."

-Dan Dierdorf, 10/3/2010

Such enlightening commentary from Dierdorf. Must be nice to collect a paycheck for coming up with gems like that.

If we go 0-16, which I can't believe I've finally got to this point, but it's seeming more and more feasible -- if we go winless, and the Bills go into next year and still stubbornly throw away draft picks on illogical selections, throw small contracts to sub-average back-ups from other teams and completely ignore, for no particular reason, various problem areas while stock piling talent at a couple of soft-outcome positions...

If they continue to do all that after being 0-16, after being at the absolute bottom, with teams who can't score putting up 40 on us, with the offense barely able to get positive yardage, how many of us will be done?

That would make them worse than the Lions, which is as low as you can go. I'm willing to give them through next year's draft to show me that this thing can be turned around. I am willing to believe that it is still not irreversibly damaged. But this is the first time in my whole fandom that I'm seriously beginning to consider that I have to come to terms with the idea that no matter what -- no matter how bad it could possibly get, the Bills will not take the appropriate steps to remedy the situation. It is a thing that I can't completely understand, which makes it all the more frustrating.

I'm giving them one more draft, and trying to find little rays of hope in games like these, like, David Nelson looks good today. But I am also looking at other teams that I enjoy watching, like, say, the Ravens, and asking myself "Why not?"

"Kelsy was upfield and that surprised Mangold..."

I think even Kelsay was surprised he was able to get upfield. There was no need for a hold because he usually takes himself out of the play all on his own.

Such enlightening commentary from Dierdorf. Must be nice to collect a paycheck for coming up with gems like that.

You'd think he played for the Bills, considering what he gets paid for how little he does.

They should call this game before someone gets killed. The Bills are playing like they just don't care. Play Brohm cause we aren't going to win a game this year anyway

Keep Brohm on the sideline in this one! Lol the Jets are laughing at us on the sideline, and I cant believe people are still in the stadium.. :angry:

I hate and I mean Hate Dierdorff but his analysis has been pretty fair. Not a lot of good things to say about the Bills right now.

Agreed, DD can be a tool, but let's be honest. He could be harder on the Bills right now. We look kind of reminiscent of the '84 squad. This D couldn't stop many college teams. We get no pressure, can't stop the run, and make no big plays. Pretty bad stuff at this level of competition.