ABC ready 2 pull the plug on Monday Night football

Rudyc80

Im not worried. You know some other network would jump at that opportunity.

If so....I could care less. The 9pm game time start is too much for a lot of east coast people who have to work early on Tuesday.

10910[/snapback]

I'm with you. I think ABC deserves to lose it. They have made bad decision after bad decision. I"m not sure how much input they have on game start time, but I bet they could get it started an hour earlier if they really wanted to. They spend too much time trying to figure out how to get ratings instead of focusing on football...which is how to get ratings!

Cough..Dennis Miller..cough!

It's their own fault, they've driven the ratings down on their own. This may be the worst management of a cash cow in television history. From their seeming inabiblity to pick a decent crew to horrific sideline choices.

ESPN would pick up MNF is about 0.00001 seconds and would make a fortune.

It's their own fault, they've driven the ratings down on their own.  This may be the worst management of a cash cow in television history.  From their seeming inabiblity to pick a decent crew to horrific sideline choices.

10926[/snapback]

You may be forgetting that ABC also owns ESPN. I don't see how they could make a "fortune". Also, MNF has been more of a loss-leader than a cash cow for years.

I doubt there will be much agreement on this on a sports board, but I see this happening more and more to professional sports. Professional sports are not good entertainment value. They're overpriced and the "me first" attitude generated by free agency has slowly changed the way people feel about their team and team loyalty.

I'd like to see all professional sports go to a pay as you go structure. Take ESPN off your cable bill and make only those who want it, pay for it. That keeps those who don't like sports from subsidizing today's silliness and it also help brings some sanity back to sports salaries.

Flame away ...

I doubt there will be much agreement on this on a sports board, but I see this happening more and more to professional sports.  Professional sports are not good entertainment value.  They're overpriced and the "me first" attitude generated by free agency has slowly changed the way people feel about their team and team loyalty. 

I'd like to see all professional sports go to a pay as you go structure.  Take ESPN off your cable bill and make only those who want it, pay for it.  That keeps those who don't like sports from subsidizing today's silliness and it also help brings some sanity back to sports salaries.

Flame away ...

10945[/snapback]

Most people I know that don't like sports, just don't watch ESPN. More and more people I know who do like sports aren't watching ESPN either. ESPN sucks for the most part.

ESPN = RJ

ESPN makes up a large chunk of their cable bill. Maybe they need to complain so the cable game drops it and brings cable costs down. Not watching it doesn't get to the issue.

It's their own fault, they've driven the ratings down on their own.  This may be the worst management of a cash cow in television history.  From their seeming inabiblity to pick a decent crew to horrific sideline choices.

10926[/snapback]

Dennis Miller was to be the next Howard Cossell. Too bad his humour went over 99% of the viewers heads.