No More Anger Towards The Players & Coaches

BuffaloBaumer

The fans don't deserve this and the players don't deserve this. Upper management (which obviously included the owner) deserves everything the media is dishing out right now. I place no responsibility on the players anymore because for the past few years, they are the ones who have been put in a position to fail. Is it Edwards fault he was never good? Is it Maybin's fault he was drafted when he was? Is it Whitner's fault he should have never been picked there? Go right down the line (including the coaches) and you just see such a void of talent and lack of football knowledge across the board.

I never got mad after the first two games this year knowing they would be pretty bad and now I am going to enjoy the abuse ownership will get for the remainder of the season. Sound harsh..tough luck. My money is being spent on crap and although I will continue to attend,I will sit back and watch this organization get blasted for the remainder of the season. They are the ones who deserve the abuse after trying to barely get by with the talent they put out there.

I have to agree with you that we just don't have a very talented team. I will always be a Bills fan, but this is the first time in a very long time that I have actually thought about us losing every game just to guarantee us a shot at a franchise quarterback. I would not be the least bit upset if we didn't win a game this year. Luck, Locker, or Mallett are ALL qb's who I feel would give us the franchise qb we're all craving. But until we address the tackle positions, and find a tight end that actually knows how to get open and catch a ball, our offense will continue to stink it up.

I have to agree with you that we just don't have a very talented team. I will always be a Bills fan, but this is the first time in a very long time that I have actually thought about us losing every game just to guarantee us a shot at a franchise quarterback. I would not be the least bit upset if we didn't win a game this year. Luck, Locker, or Mallett are ALL qb's who I feel would give us the franchise qb we're all craving. But until we address the tackle positions, and find a tight end that actually knows how to get open and catch a ball, our offense will continue to stink it up.

you wait all year for the season to start and to give it all up now, seems like an exercise in futility. it has actually been a decade of utter futility. the blame rests on ralph and the detroit "circle" who advise him . we are the innocent "victims"because the bills are our passion, our reality. the franchise since the "illegal forward pass" has been a total clusterf-k. i agree, all the blame is on ralph. he just gets bad advice, or is just too set in his ways, as he and his minions count the money.

Edited by dwight in philly

The fans don't deserve this and the players don't deserve this. Upper management (which obviously included the owner) deserves everything the media is dishing out right now. I place no responsibility on the players anymore because for the past few years, they are the ones who have been put in a position to fail. Is it Edwards fault he was never good? Is it Maybin's fault he was drafted when he was? Is it Whitner's fault he should have never been picked there? Go right down the line (including the coaches) and you just see such a void of talent and lack of football knowledge across the board.

I never got mad after the first two games this year knowing they would be pretty bad and now I am going to enjoy the abuse ownership will get for the remainder of the season. Sound harsh..tough luck. My money is being spent on crap and although I will continue to attend,I will sit back and watch this organization get blasted for the remainder of the season. They are the ones who deserve the abuse after trying to barely get by with the talent they put out there.

Until the good people stop lending their support to the product - this will not end. I think the people are finally starting to get fristrated ot the point of wanting to do something, but until people stop going to the games or stop caring in general, you will get no change at One Bills Drive.

it's been said many times, nothing will change while Ralph remains the owner...but the catch most fear is that, when he ceases to own the team, there is a good chance it will be gone...so you are forced in a way to support a crappy product.

Let's face it, as long as Ralph is around, no respecting coach or front office man will want the gig in upstate NY - you can't build a winner.

This has been hit from many angles and your's puts a stronger emphasis on not blaming the players. There are faults there like ignoring the last 3 years of Trent's game footage and expecting something different this year.

The blame however really should fall on the front office. Nix is now included in that front office. There are two scenarios that could be at play there. One is that the front office really is that stupid and thought that they could hit the lottery again by developing a practice squad guy into a probowl LT and getting by on overpaid mediocre talent. WE NEED STAR LEVEL TALENT TO COMPETE. This means that Ralph needs to open up the purse. Let the moths fly out and spend some of those gold pieces he has been hanging onto to since the dark ages when he was a little boy. That scenario is about being cheap and putting the bare minimum product on the field to keep the fans interested.

The other scenario is that Ralph is preparing for an uncapped 2011. The Bills haven't done crap since free agency as we know it was instituted. Maybe Ralph is stock piling money and preparing for the inevitable dooms day when the Jerry Jones and Daniel Schneiders of the NFL world spend themselves into oblivion. The owners and players are morons. Unless they can get all of their issues worked out EVERYONE will lose money. They are arguing over percentages. What they don't realize is that the whole pie will get smaller as fans lose interest. Fans will lose interest as they tire of the continued squabbles over money and the inevitable lack of parity when wealthier big market owners can buy championships.

Who cares what anyone is saying about the FO? Even of the people that thought we might do halfway decently (or dare I say, well), they had to know that it was at least possible that this scenario currently playing out could potentially play out. The entire team deserves what it gets at this point.

And to answer your questions, yes it is Trent's fault that he sucks. Who else's fault would it be? Same for Maybin. I get the argument that it's the FO's job to pick the players where they deserve to be picked, but the player still has to show up and play - that's on him. These guys all have physical talent or else they wouldn't get drafted. It's incumbent on these players to try to get better and on the coaching staff to try to make them better (and the FO to draft them in the best spot). I just don't think any one (or two) aspects of the team deserves a pass.

But I guess things might be different if we had traded for Jason Campbell to address our QB situation (there were so many options out there) /sarcasm

Until the good people stop lending their support to the product - this will not end. I think the people are finally starting to get fristrated ot the point of wanting to do something, but until people stop going to the games or stop caring in general, you will get no change at One Bills Drive.

it's been said many times, nothing will change while Ralph remains the owner...but the catch most fear is that, when he ceases to own the team, there is a good chance it will be gone...so you are forced in a way to support a crappy product.

Let's face it, as long as Ralph is around, no respecting coach or front office man will want the gig in upstate NY - you can't build a winner.

It's western N.Y. not upstate !!!!!

This has been hit from many angles and your's puts a stronger emphasis on not blaming the players. There are faults there like ignoring the last 3 years of Trent's game footage and expecting something different this year.

The blame however really should fall on the front office. Nix is now included in that front office. There are two scenarios that could be at play there. One is that the front office really is that stupid and thought that they could hit the lottery again by developing a practice squad guy into a probowl LT and getting by on overpaid mediocre talent. WE NEED STAR LEVEL TALENT TO COMPETE. This means that Ralph needs to open up the purse. Let the moths fly out and spend some of those gold pieces he has been hanging onto to since the dark ages when he was a little boy. That scenario is about being cheap and putting the bare minimum product on the field to keep the fans interested.

The other scenario is that Ralph is preparing for an uncapped 2011. The Bills haven't done crap since free agency as we know it was instituted. Maybe Ralph is stock piling money and preparing for the inevitable dooms day when the Jerry Jones and Daniel Schneiders of the NFL world spend themselves into oblivion. The owners and players are morons. Unless they can get all of their issues worked out EVERYONE will lose money. They are arguing over percentages. What they don't realize is that the whole pie will get smaller as fans lose interest. Fans will lose interest as they tire of the continued squabbles over money and the inevitable lack of parity when wealthier big market owners can buy championships.

I was thinking the second scenario would be that they purposely went into the season with the idea that one of the QBs ont he roster would have a great year and get re-signed or the team would tank and they'd get they're pick of players at the top of the draft in 2011. The early 90s Bills would never have been very good without all those bad years in the early and mid 80s.

Also, I remember in the late 90s when we picked up a lot of good FAs every year. How can you say Ralph never did anything in FA? One of the best WRs in team history was an FA (Lofton).

Who cares what anyone is saying about the FO? Even of the people that thought we might do halfway decently (or dare I say, well), they had to know that it was at least possible that this scenario currently playing out could potentially play out. The entire team deserves what it gets at this point.

And to answer your questions, yes it is Trent's fault that he sucks. Who else's fault would it be? Same for Maybin. I get the argument that it's the FO's job to pick the players where they deserve to be picked, but the player still has to show up and play - that's on him. These guys all have physical talent or else they wouldn't get drafted. It's incumbent on these players to try to get better and on the coaching staff to try to make them better (and the FO to draft them in the best spot). I just don't think any one (or two) aspects of the team deserves a pass.

But I guess things might be different if we had traded for Jason Campbell to address our QB situation (there were so many options out there) /sarcasm

Yes, but the problem is that these players for some reason or another are never coached up to their ability. They have talent but they are never put in the proper position to use it.You can ALREADY see it happening with Spiller and we are in week two. It is not even worth dissecting these games because the problem is so much larger and will take years to correct (on top of the 10 they have wasted).

So you are going to enjoy Nix & Gailey being blasted for other people's drafts? Sounds great.

Fine with me. Keep on ignoring that Oline and see how far you get...I still think Wilson had more say in that Spiller pick than people think..

Agreed, but anyone who thinks this was fixable in one year is a ticket-taker on the retard rollercoaster.

Agreed, but anyone who thinks this was fixable in one year is a ticket-taker on the retard rollercoaster.

No argument here. None at all....I have just had it for this year and am going to let it all play out good or bad. The saddest part is that I have no emotion going to these games and that has NEVER happened before (regardless of how bad they have been)

No argument here. None at all....I have just had it for this year and am going to let it all play out good or bad. The saddest part is that I have no emotion going to these games and that has NEVER happened before (regardless of how bad they have been)

However bad it seems now (and I think it is bad) this team needed to hit rock-bottom before things could improve. All those 7-9, close to .500 seasons, were really a mirage. This team has drafted poorly (willing to give the new regime a pass on this year's class) and team derived little value out of most of the high-priced FA signings this century.

I empathize with you about the emotional detachment after just two weeks. After what might have been the 6th sack last Sunday, I muttered something to the effect 'you've got to be kidding me, what kind of block was that', then went outside and proceeded to clean the bugs and road crap off the bumper of my car That's my rock-bottom - I'd rather clean dead bugs than watch the Bills.

IMO - this team is a 3 year project. Year 1 - bottom out. Year 2 - pick up starter-worthy QB and fortify the lines, offense and defense. Year 3 - tactical draft, FA pick ups to fill in the missing pieces and then compete for the division and playoffs.