Vicks Back at QB + Bell = More Wins

T master

Some one in the Eagles organization knows how to spot talent and make the tough decision when it needs to be made !!

I just read that Micheal Vick is back in the drivers seat after they named Kolb the starter , the Eagles higher ups saw that Vick is playing at a higher level than Kolb so they made the switch .

Then to add insult to injury the Eagles signed Joique Bell off of our practice squad . Mark my words this kid is going to be one of the great backs i've had the same feeling about this kid that i had about Fred Jackson .

I wish that one of our higher ups had the sack to make the tough decisions when needed to be made .

Joique Bell although it was preseason had an average ---- AVERAGE of 8.3 YPC then you look at what the kid did in college if those things aren't a red flag i don't know what is .

Put the Eagles coaching staff in Buffalo --- Lynch is traded for a LT Bell is brought up to replace Lynch back field now consists of Jackson #1 - Spiller #2 & Bell #3 wheres the loss ??

QB situation -- Trent & Fitzy are released Brohm & Levi fight it out for the starter , all the while looking for competent veteran QB such as Vick , Garcia, Bulger, & more than likely bringing in a veteran that could or would take the reigns until they develope the younger QB while he (the veteran) teaches him .

Jonathan Scott is kept dispite a not so good year last year - less money - younger & more upside than the relic known as Green. Bring in other veteran talent with a better track record for depth or to start .

I'll be the first to admit i ain't no master mind when it comes to football , heck i'm more than likely in the lower half of the spectrum when it comes to football minds !! But i've read some thing that us as fans come up with that makes a ton more sense than these folks that claim to be football people and have done it most of their adult lives .

I just hope Nix can use the balls he seems to have to start dictating things the way a team like the eagles have done and then we may have some thing .......

go bills :bag:

Edited by T master

You aren't going to get anything of serious value for Lynch. Decent RB's are a dime a dozen, there are plenty of decent RB's that can be found on PS's and FA. They weren't going to get a decent LT for him.

For all we know Bell could be just another Pre-Season HOFer that doesn't do much in the regular season

Meh...

Michael Vick finally started and NFL game, his first since 2006, and won - against the 2-14 (last season) Detroit Lions sans Matthew Stafford. Big deal. :rolleyes:

I doubt that Bell's gonna 'lite it up' for the Eagles - remember, CJ Spiller had 3 TDs in his first 3 preseason games, sat out the 4th, then disappeared in the first 2 regular season games. Just sayin'.

Buffalo took the Eagles to the cleaners on the Jason Peters trade - unloading an aging, overpaid, undermotivated, malcontent locker-room cancer whom the Eagles are very unhappy with...

Reid's attempt to revamp the offensive line behind the Andrews brothers and Jason Peters has also failed miserably so far. The Andrews brothers are long gone, while Peters seems like a human false start penalty. (link)

...for draft picks that resulted in

Eric Wood, G/C, Louisville

Wood was Buffalo's highest-rated interior lineman on their board, and he will slide in and start immediately at left guard. Wood - 6'4" and 309 pounds - is viewed as one of the most intelligent interior linemen available this year, and it doesn't hurt that he's tough, physical and plays with a nasty demeanor. The kid's talented, to be sure, but far more importantly, he plays the game the right way. (link)

After redshirting his initial year at Louisville, Wood started all 12 games at center for the Cardinals in 2005. He earned Freshman All-American honors by Rivals.com, Sporting News and College Football News. Also an excellent student, earned Academic All-Big East accolades as well. Wood remained Louisville's starting center in his sophomore and junior seasons, starting all 13 and 12 games, respectively. Led by quarterback Brian Brohm, the 2007 Cardinals offense ranked sixth nationally with an average of 488.0 yards per game. Wood earned All-Big East honors in both years, and again in his senior season. He finished his career with 49 consecutive starts at center, the second-longest streak in school history behind Travis Leffew.

Wood was considered one of the best centers available in the 2009 NFL Draft. He has been compared to Brad Meester by The Sporting News, but his instincts and "nastiness" on the field had scouts comparing him to the NFL's old time centers like Mike Webster of the Pittsburgh Steelers and Tim Grunhard of the Kansas City Chiefs. (from Wiki)

Shawn Nelson, TE, Southern Miss

This was by leaps and bounds Buffalo's best selection...Nelson is one of the finer athletes available at any position in this draft class, and he's also got an incredibly soft pair of hands. Even better - unlike some of his "receiving TE" counterparts, he's got upside as a blocker. Buffalo now has themselves a legitimate tight end threat for the first time since Jay Riemersma. (link)

Danny Batten, OLB, South Dakota State

Add Batten to the list of small-school defenders snapped up by Buffalo. Once again, Batten's an undersized lower-level collegiate defensive end that will make the transition to NFL outside linebacker. Relentless motor and a very fast first step, but even still, is not a top-notch, explosive athlete. Good depth player that probably won't see much playing time defensively as a rookie, but will be a staple in Bruce DeHaven's special teams units. Has some upside. Batten is the second consecutive sixth-round pass-rushing prospect added to the [bills] roster. At 6'3" and 246 pounds, Batten put up excellent career numbers at South Dakota State, finishing his four-year career with 273 tackles, 52.5 tackles for loss, and 23 sacks. A four-year starter for the Jackrabbits, Batten put up impressive workout numbers at his pro day in March, running 4.71 seconds in the 40-yard dash, displaying a 32.5-inch vertical leap, a 4.05-second short shuttle, and sitting on his 30 bench press reps that he put up at the combine. (link)

So if you're upset about losing Joique Bell to the Eagles, I'd say so far the score is

Bills Front Office -- 3

Eagles Front Office-1

Edited by The Senator

Meh...

Michael Vick finally started and NFL game, his first since 2006, and won - against the 2-14 (last season) Detroit Lions sans Matthew Stafford. Big deal. :rolleyes:

I doubt that Bell's gonna 'lite it up' for the Eagles - remember, CJ Spiller had 3 TDs in his first 3 preseason games, sat out the 4th, then disappeared in the first 2 regular season games. Just sayin'.

Buffalo took the Eagles to the cleaners on the Jason Peters trade - unloading an aging, overpaid, undermotivated, malcontent locker-room cancer whom the Eagles are very unhappy with...

Reid's attempt to revamp the offensive line behind the Andrews brothers and Jason Peters has also failed miserably so far. The Andrews brothers are long gone, while Peters seems like a human false start penalty. (link)

...for draft picks that resulted in

Eric Wood, G/C, Louisville

Wood was Buffalo's highest-rated interior lineman on their board, and he will slide in and start immediately at left guard. Wood - 6'4" and 309 pounds - is viewed as one of the most intelligent interior linemen available this year, and it doesn't hurt that he's tough, physical and plays with a nasty demeanor. The kid's talented, to be sure, but far more importantly, he plays the game the right way. (link)

After redshirting his initial year at Louisville, Wood started all 12 games at center for the Cardinals in 2005. He earned Freshman All-American honors by Rivals.com, Sporting News and College Football News. Also an excellent student, earned Academic All-Big East accolades as well. Wood remained Louisville's starting center in his sophomore and junior seasons, starting all 13 and 12 games, respectively. Led by quarterback Brian Brohm, the 2007 Cardinals offense ranked sixth nationally with an average of 488.0 yards per game. Wood earned All-Big East honors in both years, and again in his senior season. He finished his career with 49 consecutive starts at center, the second-longest streak in school history behind Travis Leffew.

Wood was considered one of the best centers available in the 2009 NFL Draft. He has been compared to Brad Meester by The Sporting News, but his instincts and "nastiness" on the field had scouts comparing him to the NFL's old time centers like Mike Webster of the Pittsburgh Steelers and Tim Grunhard of the Kansas City Chiefs. (from Wiki)

Shawn Nelson, TE, Southern Miss

This was by leaps and bounds Buffalo's best selection...Nelson is one of the finer athletes available at any position in this draft class, and he's also got an incredibly soft pair of hands. Even better - unlike some of his "receiving TE" counterparts, he's got upside as a blocker. Buffalo now has themselves a legitimate tight end threat for the first time since Jay Riemersma. (link)

Danny Batten, OLB, South Dakota State

Add Batten to the list of small-school defenders snapped up by Buffalo. Once again, Batten's an undersized lower-level collegiate defensive end that will make the transition to NFL outside linebacker. Relentless motor and a very fast first step, but even still, is not a top-notch, explosive athlete. Good depth player that probably won't see much playing time defensively as a rookie, but will be a staple in Bruce DeHaven's special teams units. Has some upside. Batten is the second consecutive sixth-round pass-rushing prospect added to the [bills] roster. At 6'3" and 246 pounds, Batten put up excellent career numbers at South Dakota State, finishing his four-year career with 273 tackles, 52.5 tackles for loss, and 23 sacks. A four-year starter for the Jackrabbits, Batten put up impressive workout numbers at his pro day in March, running 4.71 seconds in the 40-yard dash, displaying a 32.5-inch vertical leap, a 4.05-second short shuttle, and sitting on his 30 bench press reps that he put up at the combine. (link)

So if you're upset about losing Joique Bell to the Eagles, I'd say so far the score is

Bills Front Office -- 3

Eagles Front Office-1

You can't be serious ? How many wins do we have compared to Eagles since the Jason Peters trade(who was only 24 yrs old) . I will not pass judgement on the 3 guys we picked up but as of right now NO ONE HAS DONE A THING IN BUFFALO . That includes WOODS. Problems we had when Peters left are still here . Qb is still a problem . Philly do have Balls to tell the public to shut the F**k up and let them handle football business. The differnce between the two organizations is like night and day . That is why other teams laugh at us while they are actually playing (damn!!! can you believe that ) compared to Philly were they make plans for the playoffs every year. The Philly front office laps the BILLS in every manner, please take off those rose color glasses. WE blew it we could of had vick for nothing 2 years ago , Heck we could of had Vick for a 4th this year ( What is our 4th round choice doing again ? ) . Fact is we as Bills fans tends to overvalue home favorites Kelsay , schoebal , F. Jackson , while the NFL look for FOOTBALL MEN . That is why so many teams is trying like Hell to steal M.Lynch away from us and could care less about our beloved Fred Jackson . The other teams don't just laugh at the BILLS PLAYERS but their FANS as well because frankly we put stock in some of the STUPIDEST THINGS . We should only care about one thing can this player make us better. This is something Andy Reid did after giving KOLB that contract . Do you think we could give someone a monster contract and then after 1 game go to VICK our Coaching staff is a little too weak for that right. My prime example: Kelsay - Why is he on the field as a LB ? ( I almost felt sorry for him until I realized he makes 7mill a yr) THATS WHY WE ARE THE JOKE OF THE LEAGUE right now .........BUT HOPE SPRINGS ETERNAL

You can't be serious ? How many wins do we have compared to Eagles since the Jason Peters trade(who was only 24 yrs old) . I will not pass judgement on the 3 guys we picked up but as of right now NO ONE HAS DONE A THING IN BUFFALO . That includes WOODS. Problems we had when Peters left are still here . Qb is still a problem . Philly do have Balls to tell the public to shut the F**k up and let them handle football business. The differnce between the two organizations is like night and day . That is why other teams laugh at us while they are actually playing (damn!!! can you believe that ) compared to Philly were they make plans for the playoffs every year. The Philly front office laps the BILLS in every manner, please take off those rose color glasses. WE blew it we could of had vick for nothing 2 years ago , Heck we could of had Vick for a 4th this year ( What is our 4th round choice doing again ? ) . Fact is we as Bills fans tends to overvalue home favorites Kelsay , schoebal , F. Jackson , while the NFL look for FOOTBALL MEN . That is why so many teams is trying like Hell to steal M.Lynch away from us and could care less about our beloved Fred Jackson . The other teams don't just laugh at the BILLS PLAYERS but their FANS as well because frankly we put stock in some of the STUPIDEST THINGS . We should only care about one thing can this player make us better. This is something Andy Reid did after giving KOLB that contract . Do you think we could give someone a monster contract and then after 1 game go to VICK our Coaching staff is a little too weak for that right. My prime example: Kelsay - Why is he on the field as a LB ? ( I almost felt sorry for him until I realized he makes 7mill a yr) THATS WHY WE ARE THE JOKE OF THE LEAGUE right now .........BUT HOPE SPRINGS ETERNAL

Liquor helps

You aren't going to get anything of serious value for Lynch. Decent RB's are a dime a dozen, there are plenty of decent RB's that can be found on PS's and FA. They weren't going to get a decent LT for him.

For all we know Bell could be just another Pre-Season HOFer that doesn't do much in the regular season

EXACTLY - RB's are a dime a dozen. I agree 100%.

YET - We we already have two dimes in the stable, we took another one with a first round pick in Spiller. This front office is so brilliant.

Maybe the offers for our RBs have all been shite. I'm not going to fault Gailey TOO bad yet that Lynch is still here, I suppose. Because Green Bay might have felt their backup RB could hold his own and might have offered the Bills FAR less than what Gailey and Nix think they can get for him down the line. I dunno. But as far as Bell and Vick go, it does kinda suck to see Bell go for nothing after such a good showing, and Vic, well, I hate to see such douchebags do well. It's like Ray Lewis. I hate watching him play because he's the biggest a-hole in the league and still beats the crap out of pretty much every guy matched up with him, game in and game out.

I really have to say....

Well said