A Bold Prediction Concerning the QB's

I predict that the offense will suck as bad with Fitz at the helm, as it has with Edwards at the helm (I actually prefer Fitz's suck to Edward's suck, but it isn't really more effective, just different).

I also predict that the offense will suck WORSE with Brohm at the helm than with either Edwards or Fitz.

I post this to collect in one place, and make easy to find, all the Brohm lovers foolish claims. Stuff about "What is there to lose? and "We don't KNOW that he sucks yet". The coaches know. They see him everyday. I can picture an offense so bad that they will almost exclusively run the ball, and have at least one game without a completion beyond the line of scrimmage.

I know this is not news to most, but there seem to be some people that think this change is progress.

Edited by ThrowIt

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I predict that the offense will suck as bad with Fitz at the helm, as it has with Edwards at the helm (I actually prefer Fitz's suck to Edward's suck, but it isn't really more effective, just different).

I also predict that the offense will suck WORSE with Brohm at the helm than with either Edwards or Fitz.

I post this to collect in one place, and make easy to find, all the Brohm lovers foolish claims. Stuff about "What is there to lose? and "We don't KNOW that he sucks yet". The coaches know. They see him everyday. I can picture an offense so bad that they will almost exclusively run the ball, and have at least one game without a completion beyond the line of scrimmage.

I know this is not news to most, but there seem to be some people that think this change is progress.

I really think you need to keep your suck preferences to yourself...children may be reading this.

Edited by WotAGuy

THROWIT,

Despite all of the prognosticators, in all of the newspapers, I think you nailed it.

GO JILLS!

:worthy:

Did you read what I wrote? I know YOU understand PTR, but there plenty that seem to think Brohm is this diamond in the rough that just hasn't had a chance to sparkle.

Unfortunately, sometimes you gotta put it under the microscope to prove it's cubic zirconia, though. :devil:

I'm so glad we as fans have great football minds such as yours to turn to , to help clarify the things that our puny little minds just don't understand about the game -------

Thank You so Very much i will look forward to your daily post so i know just what way to think about the future of the team ..... Again Thank You !!!! :w00t:

The coaches also chose Edwards to be the starter thinking he could do it. Two games in, Edwards has been benched (probably for good).

The coaches made choices. Which one was a wrong one?

Edited by Cynical

Would these be the same coaches that went all off season, through training camp, preseason and into the season with Trent Edwards as the #1 QB? Now after 2 weeks of completely inept football, they've concluded what many of us have known for a year... Trent isn't a starter in this league.

So, excuse me if I don't have as much confidence as you do in our coaching staff to know who is or is not the best player to start. So far, they've done little to nothing to impress me or show a basic level of competence.

I hear Jeff George still wants to play. The Bills should give him a call.

I really think you need to keep your suck preferences to yourself...children may be reading this.

You know what? Sometimes when I am responding to posts I think to myself "This is probably some 13 year old".

If you are indeed serious, I suggest you home school your children

The coaches also chose Edwards to be the starter thinking he could do it. Two games in, Edwards has been benched (probably for good).

The coaches made choices. Which one was a wrong one?

The point is, there is no real choice!

Would these be the same coaches that went all off season, through training camp, preseason and into the season with Trent Edwards as the #1 QB? Now after 2 weeks of completely inept football, they've concluded what many of us have known for a year... Trent isn't a starter in this league.

So, excuse me if I don't have as much confidence as you do in our coaching staff to know who is or is not the best player to start. So far, they've done little to nothing to impress me or show a basic level of competence.

This is the kind of post I was looking for!

Does anybody else wonder what would have happened if TE had completed that screen pass to Freddie, the very first play of the Miami game.

No

These coaches gave Edwards every chance to prove he was an NFL quarterback and he failed. So now they are moving on.

Simple as that! And I thought they were grasping for straws....

Does anybody else wonder what would have happened if TE had completed that screen pass to Freddie, the very first play of the Miami game.

yes, actually i do. the dude had momentum and confidence in the pre-season and he's the type of guy who needs those 2 intangibles to be successful and without those 2, he's an absolute joke.

but ive thought about it - mostly after the first game. that single incompletion deflated that pre-season momentum he had and he went RIGHT back to being the 09' trent.

but thats the difference between a good nfl qb and a guy like him. he just doesnt have the demeanor needed among many other things.

I don't recall anyone here anointing Brohm as a savior, or the QB of the future. Everyone has acknowledged that he would struggle as a starter. The difference is, he has room to grow and improve. The prior starter has had over 3 years of playing experience at the NFL level and has FAILED to improve. That is fact. Somehow, this fact made its way past Chan Gailey. Actually, I believe Gailey was arrogant enough to think that he could make Trent into a serviceable QB.

The argument was such: rather than seeing a veteran continue to fail, why not bring in the young guy, who has at one point enjoyed a level of success (10,000+ yds and 70 TDs at Louisville). I understand that you dislike Brohm as a player, but you have absolutely no reason to hate him just yet. He has not proven to play "Trentative" on the field..

Edited by JayBaller10

I don't recall anyone here anointing Brohm as a savior, or the QB of the future. Everyone has acknowledged that he would struggle as a starter. The difference is, he has room to grow and improve. The prior starter has had over 3 years of playing experience at the NFL level and has FAILED to improve. That is fact. Somehow, this fact made its way past Chan Gailey. Actually, I believe Gailey was arrogant enough to think that he could make Trent into a serviceable QB.

The argument was such: rather than seeing a veteran continue to fail, why not bring in the young guy, who has at one point enjoyed a level of success (10,000+ yds and 70 TDs at Louisville). I understand that you dislike Brohm as a player, but you have absolutely no reason to hate him just yet. He has not proven to play "Trentative" on the field..

Nailed it.

Your statement would be true if the Bills had actually assembled an NFL ready offensive line in front of him. Other than that, how was the play Mrs. Lincoln?

These coaches gave Edwards every chance to prove he was an NFL quarterback and he failed. So now they are moving on.