Gailey : “We’re looking for a spark”

eSJayDee

"Our offense has been absolutely putrid and pathetic & I think Edwards is a major cause of our ineptitude."

I'd be inclined to think what is missing is more than a spark, but who knows.

I'm anxious to see what Fitz can do in this system. Maybe we can improve to semi-competent and productive. Can't be much worse than we have been doing.

"Our offense has been absolutely putrid and pathetic & I think Edwards is a major cause of our ineptitude."

I'd be inclined to think what is missing is more than a spark, but who knows.

I'm anxious to see what Fitz can do in this system. Maybe we can improve to semi-competent and productive. Can't be much worse than we have been doing.

Good call on Chan's part to bench Trent. Now cut him and let's be done with it. Play Fitzy to the Bye and let Brohm finish the season. Why play guys that won't grow anymore or won't be here. Now that Trent's done, move on Marshawn and trade him for some picks. Let's stop playing Kelsay, Cornell Green and the like and put in guys who need the playing time to improve. If we are going to lose while rebuilding, let's not lose with washed up veterans or guys who won't be here next year. Play the kids and let's take our lumps this year.

/rant mode on

Good grief... here we go again with the Fitzeption... :/ So, you go into the pre-season with an QB battle which Edwards wins only to come back on your decision 2 weeks into the season??? Great coaching... This hurts the team more then it does good; it's basicly a set back of 3-4 weeks. And if you are going to do it then at least start Borhm for development... Fitz is what he is, win some, loose some, below average. Going back to last year I honestly believe cutting Hamdan (retired btw) was a mistake, should have thrown him in there for a week. Hamdan had what both Fitz and Edwards are missing, a drive to win no matter what combined with vision (sure the sometimes meant he didnt stick to the playbook but at least he tried to make something happen even if there was nothing (see the pre-season safety call, where he dumped a beauty of a pass when going to the ground). But alas... Maybe Hamdan wasnt motivated enough during the season anymore or something, he didnt retire for nothing thats for sure. Alas, what I'm saying is we tried Fitz and he clearly wasnt the answer either. Then move forward and start your third stringer, or get someone you'd be able to invest the season in and sell to the fans 'hey we're developing'. Back to Fitz is soooooo 2009.... Been there, done that, didnt like it.

.. :/

/rant mode off.

I wouldnt blame it all on Trent and maybe Fitz will provide a "spark" and I hope he does however, I would caution all not to expect too much different of an outcome. The bottom line is he's no better than what everyone was clamoring for- a stop gap. He's no more the QB of the future as a FA journeyman would've been even if he manages to win a few games along the way. I was hoping (against hope) Trent would've pulled it all together so that at least we'd have been settled at the QB position next year and could concentrate on picking the best Tackle on the board......