What About the Detroit TD Ruling ??

T master

I don't know and you all can call me a dumb A** but i thought that when you go down (at least in the field of play) when your knee or your butt hits the ground you are down & to add to that i thought that the ground can't cause a fumble ??

What did the competition committee change the rule when you step into the end zone ?? That guy was robbed !!!

His knee was down first ,his butt hit then his hand , all while maintaining control of the ball .

Calls like that with the analysts calling a TD catch a "process" as if they are brillant will make the pro game more boring than it is already becoming. When things get too, too technical the average fan loses interest. The NFL game is getting way too boring. A strike is all they need. Make the field 12 feet wider and stop the goofy rules!

The ground can't cause a fumble thing means if you ALREADY have possession, as in you have the ball in hand and are running down the field, and you (for example) get tripped up by a defender, stumble and fall where the ground dislodges the ball. THAT would just be down by contact. The issue is the Lions game was that he apparently hadn't shown control of the ball before letting it go. He wax still rolling from the initial catching action.