Switching to Geico

eSJayDee

If anyone ever has any issues with their GEICO policy or the service you receive, please feel free to contact me.

Don't forget, we now offer a 3% discount on the auto policy for bundling your homeowners with us. :)

And EZC, that is STILL the greatest jersey of all time.

Thanks for the reminder. My policy with GEICO ends in November, and I can get way more coverage for $400 less/year by switching to Progressive.

What state do you live in? I find this surprising.

I by no means am saying that we beat everyone (because then clearly we would have 99% of the market share) but what is "way more coverage"? If you're talking about liability limits, the minimum ANYONE should have is 100/300 for BI and 100 for PD. But increasing that to 300/300 or even 500/500 will make a tiny increase in your premium - regardless of company (people are always surprised by the pennies you pay to double or more your liability protection). For most people, in most states, it is unusual that Progressive will beat us by $200 per policy term. That said, it's not impossible, just make sure you're not falling for the "name your own price" ridiculousness.

Texas. For 100/300/50, your website quotes $857.50 for 6-months (I'm currently at 50/100 but realize I need to up it). For Progressive with 100/300/100, they want $584.60/6-months. Rest of the policies are the exact same. Same deductible, uninsured, etc.

Geico seems high for me compared to other companies (Travelers is slightly more expensive than Progressive, for example, for the same coverage - ). One year ago when I switched to Geico, they were significantly cheaper for me than pretty much anyone else (including Progressive). I wonder if turning 25 has a significant effect on it (Geico dropped my price a little for it, but not much).

Liberty Mutual was off the charts, though. Over $200/month for the same coverage with them (ouch).

Edited by BlueFire

Texas. For 100/300/50, your website quotes $857.50 for 6-months (I'm currently at 50/100 but realize I need to up it). For Progressive with 100/300/100, they want $584.60/6-months. Rest of the policies are the exact same. Same deductible, uninsured, etc.

Geico seems high for me compared to other companies (Travelers is slightly more expensive than Progressive, for example, for the same coverage - ). One year ago when I switched to Geico, they were significantly cheaper for me than pretty much anyone else (including Progressive). I wonder if turning 25 has a significant effect on it (Geico dropped my price a little for it, but not much).

Liberty Mutual was off the charts, though. Over $200/month for the same coverage with them (ouch).

Bluefire, can't argue with switching to save money, but I'll pm you my office #, and you can give me a call and I'll review your policy to see if you're getting the best rate possible.