Why not build it on the edge of the falls???

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The stadium I vision is a multi purpose type with a retractable roof and is a grand as the falls.

And a huge wall of windows looking right at the Falls. Can you imagine sitting in there watching the game, you turn your head and there's the Falls?

And a huge wall of windows looking right at the Falls. Can you imagine sitting in there watching the game, you turn your head and there's the Falls?

Fantastic thought! There is no reason not to take full advantage of such a wonderful backdrop which would attract folks from around the world. We would be the envy of the league. Fact.

Fantastic thought! There is no reason not to take full advantage of such a wonderful backdrop which would attract folks from around the world. We would be the envy of the league. Fact.

Are you from, and or live in Naigara County?

I love Niagara Fall (the attraction, not the city). I consider it to be the most neglected asset in the Buffalo area. It has the potential to be the Las Vegas of the East. Problem is, it is CORRUPT. It really is a shame. There is no way that Erie County would just let the Bills walk over to Niagara County. The politicians there wouldn't know how to deal with the NFL anyway, and would be considered complete clowns (yes, moreso than the Erie County politicians).

Know what would be an incredible boost to both areas? If the State redistricted Niagara Falls into Erie County. Then something good might happen.

Alas, it 's all a pipe dream.

I'm afraid that in order to get that kind of view you'd have to build it on the Canadian side.

I am so sick of hearing calls to built a stadium near the Falls. I don't think having a stadium in the the Niagra Falls area makes any sence at all. Economic shot in the arm? Wake up, the whole fricken reagion needs a shot in the arm and frankly who gives a crap about a tourist trap on the edge of a big cliff. You can argue that its closer for Canadiam Fans, but really if you look at the post game blotter, they seem to only show up to drink their a**es off, mouth off to an OP copper and get arrested. I feel that the heart of Bills Country is in the whole of western NYS including Syracuse and as far south as Erie, PA. If a new stadium is built, then put it between Rochacha and Buffalo if a viable space is not available in downtown Buffalo. Why not clean up a brownfield or 2 and throw it on the shores of Lake Erie just south of the city.

First of all, at the moment I don't think we need another stadium.

The Ralph is great.

Seats are still affordable

Great sight lines

CHEAP parking (Go to Foxboro if you think you're paying to much)

Very lax tailgating rules

The stadium is in the snow belt (Though it rarely snows during games, instead we get weather like the torent that ripped off the lake during the Griants games a few years back, god that was awesome)

Easy access to and from the stadium

ITS NOT A DOME

The last thing Buffalo needs is a DOME. Weather is our friend and should be used to our advantage. Remember the Dolphins beat us in our DOME home game in Toronto.

Its the HOME OF THE BILLS! get used to it and quit pining over some half brained plan to save Niagra Falls, the American side sucks and will for the next thousand years

No offense, but when was the last time you can remember the weather aiding the Bill's in a win? It doesn't happen, and with the influx of talent coming from the West Coast and South, most players hate the idea of playing in 35mph wind and snow/sleet/rain.

Edited by stony

My thoughts regarding our stadium situation is to build a state of the art complex on the American side of the mighty Niagara Falls. The era of the Ralph is quickly coming to an end. It's been a heckuva ride, but change is not necessarily a bad thing.

Butt it up next to the falls, give it a retractable roof, with the understanding it stays open for all Bills' games. It would be a wonderful venue in a popular setting, instantly giving the wonderful Niagara area a much needed shot in the arm.

Thoughts?

Niagara-Falls.jpg

Yeah right ... niagara falls can't even build a freaking hot dog stand downtown ... we're gonna build a stadium ... yeah, right ... ain't gonna happen

Wet, slippery footballs, soggy fans, but a nice view of the falls, awesome :flirt:

While I might agree that tat some distant point in the future that building a new stadium in the falls is a cool idea - please let it not be a dome. Buffalo is about weather. Let GB build a dome first. Football is meant to be played in the elements.

My thoughts regarding our stadium situation is to...Butt it up next to the falls, give it a retractable roof, with the understanding it stays open for all Bills' games...Thoughts?

My first thought is: why on earth spend all that money for a retractable roof, and then have "an understanding" it stays open for all Bills' games?? Bill Polian won a SB recently with the Indy Colts, and they certainly don't have "an understanding" that their retractable roof stays open for all Colts games in their state of the art palace they call Lucas Oil Stadium. So Indianapolis, a "dome team" since they stole the real Colts from Baltimore back in 1984, now has a SB victory with their Colts, one more then our beloved open air forever stadium Bills have. In addition to that, Indy also has their own new dome with retractable roof, which we Bills fans can only dream about on blogs like this one. What would you say to Colts' fans, that they are wimps, and that watching Peyton Manning break Favre's records some day in perfect conditions his entire career, was "bogus" because he never had to throw into 50 MPH wind and blizzards?? Sorry, but if your stadium was built on the foot of the great Niagara, and it had a roof that opened and closed, as a Bills fan I would demand that thing be closed for any bad weather games!

My next thought is: the only way any new stadium gets built anywhere in WNY for the Buffalo Bills, is if some wealthy group purchases the team after Ralph dies by out bidding any and every other group from out of town. Anybody want to lay odds on that actually happening, despite Jim Kelly's best intentions??

My thoughts regarding our stadium situation is to build a state of the art complex on the American side of the mighty Niagara Falls. The era of the Ralph is quickly coming to an end. It's been a heckuva ride, but change is not necessarily a bad thing.

Butt it up next to the falls, give it a retractable roof, with the understanding it stays open for all Bills' games. It would be a wonderful venue in a popular setting, instantly giving the wonderful Niagara area a much needed shot in the arm.

Thoughts?

Niagara-Falls.jpg

Im actually an architect and I happen to love the idea of a falls stadium. It would be impossible to built it very close to the actual falls though, if that is what you mean. However, something that would allow a vista to the horseshoe through a somewhat open end of the stadium (think qwest field with its view to downtown Seattle) would be amazing. Close enough to hear the rumble of the falls, would there be a better place to play Bills football??

It would instantly be a sports complex known on the world stage (of course it would have to be well designed though).

Unfortunately, there are way too many bureaucrats in WNY and not enough people with vision to pull it off.

But its a great idea.

Let's ruin the Falls by putting a huge stadium next to it?

No thanks. The Falls will be around long after the Bills are a memory. Leave the Canadian view untarnished. And the American side has zero view anyways.

Want to build it within walking distance in the NF slums? No problem.

Thoughts?

Niagara-Falls.jpg

Put it next to the Falls, then if the Bills play like they have for the past 10 years, someone can just push them over the falls and be done with it.