I hate FieldPass

silvermike

I'm listening to the Bills coverage online, and they so far have managed to bungle it horribly, once again. Almost every week they come back too late, missing kickoff returns, early plays, and more. This time, no Lee Evans TD, no reversal on the INT..

:I starred in Brokeback Mountain: NFL.com I'll take some damn commericals.

Guest SF_BIlls_Fan

I agree....listening in Amsterdam and feel like I missed huge parts of the game...at leats I have it TIVOed for when I get home.

Great win !

Why do they do that with the adverts. I mean I have already paid the damn money, I am quite happy to live with totally inappropriate ads for me. If you are paying for FieldPass then chances are you are not local in any case, so the ads mean sod all.

Stupid NFL....

Today was certainly one of their worse outings. Grrrrrrrrrrr.

Guest SF_Bills_fan
I'm listening to the Bills coverage online, and they so far have managed to bungle it horribly, once again.  Almost every week they come back too late, missing kickoff returns, early plays, and more.  This time, no Lee Evans TD, no reversal on the INT..

:I starred in Brokeback Mountain: NFL.com  I'll take some damn commericals.

146682[/snapback]

I just cancelled my order....it was better than nothing (no bills bars in amsterdam) but the silence was endless.

I assume the sat. radio feed is better...does anyone have the Sunday Drive Package?

SF

I just cancelled my order....it was better than nothing (no bills bars in amsterdam) but the silence was endless.

I assume the sat. radio feed is better...does anyone have the Sunday Drive Package?

SF

148207[/snapback]

I've got it and it's freaking awesome. I love listening to AVP. Although he doesn't really have a "radio voice" he breaks down each play and explains why it was called and what the offense sees. I love it. Best 12 bucks I spend every month.

I bought Field Pass at the start of the pre-season, and cancelled it for the exact reason you gave. They keep coming back to the game late after commercials. I wrote several e-mails to complain about it. I see they did no good at all.

The reason they dump the commercials is because if a voice on a commercial is a union (AFTRA/SAG) voice, then the advertiser has to pony up BIG bonus money. Obviously, advertisers have strict orders to their media outlets NOT to stream their ads.

I know some folks at 97 Rock and have told them about the problem. Apparently the feed comes out of 97 Rock clean, so whoever turns the volume up and down on the stream is somewhere else.

PTR

I like Fieldpass for the pre and postgame (in between, I'm at the sports bar). But I listened to the preseason games and it's enough to give you a stroke when they don't come back on time and miss a big play. I, too, sent an email in complaining. How freaking hard would it be to get some sports broadcasting intern, who would be delighted to learn the ways of the booth, etc., whose only job would be to hit the button before and after commercials.

I assume that someone is doing it who is also doing a million other things, because there is no other explanation for how often it's missed unless there is rampant alcoholism in NFL radio station engineering rooms.

Yeah, they totally blew it bigtime yesterday. I heard the INT, the they went off, and when they came back, Miami had the ball. Would have been very confusing if I wasn't in the chatroom reading PBP from YOOOOO and Fezmid.

Gamecenter wasn't much better, the farthest they fell behind was a whole 5 minutes of gameplay. To catch up, they skipped a whole two series.