Lori Chase

Guest dog14787

I'm sorry, cause I know this will pry come off wrong, but TC and LC were people....that's all. Fine, they had some insight into the Bills organization that was good to discuss, but again...they were just regular people. I find it strange to see these threads almost begging for them to come back that almost elevates them to a level above everyone else.

The reality of it is, this is a forum. And like any forum, there are going to be good, respectful people who offer great insight and respectfully challenging conversations. And then there are the ignorant trolls and others who use the disguise of the web to talk like a bad ass.

This is common knowledge of any forum. So if they, or anyone leaves because of the latter, then they never should have been on here in the first place. It's just reality that you are going to meet good and bad people.

I have nothing personal against either of these people and I would say this about anyone on any forum out there. This forum is not a job, except for the mods and they know what they got themselves into. This is a open environment for people, with different views and personalities, to express their opinions. Knowing that there will be "skoobys" out there is the price of admission.

With that, yes it would be great to see their opinions again, but not in a way where it should make anyone feel like they have to walk on eggshells.

Excellent post. I concur.

• Replies 494
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I still have found memories of Hogboy's spear chucking challenge :worthy:

+10 points to anyone who even remembers what "Hyperbills" was!

When I was going to Temple U back in the late 90s, I stopped by the D&C Hyperbills site every day. I didn't have internet access at my apt, so it was one of the things I looked forward to when I was on campus. I don't remember ever registering as a Bills fan, but I do remember creating a fake acct as "joey dolfan", because someone on there was annoying me so much that I felt the need to antagonize them, lol. Sure enough, I ended up having lots of chances to bust their balls (wish I could remember who it was...) for a week or two before I lost interest. But yeah, that site was awesome for keeping up with Bills talk.

In case any of you were unaware as I was, our best Mod /Staff Columnist/ Bills historian, Lori Chase is no longer with us on TSW.

After a good friend of hers, ESPN's Tim Graham was very rudely treated on our forum Lori felt like enough was enough and it just wasn't much fun around here anymore. When you look at it from Lori's perspective how could you even blame her, Mr.Graham takes time away from his busy schedule, comes onto our forum to share his opinions and in return we disrespect and cause Tim to leave, meanwhile Lori has to sit there and take it all in.

Sound like much fun to you?

I say we because unfortunately a few bad apples on top can make the whole bushel look rotten if you don't throw the bad ones away.

This is Lori's Twitter http://twitter.com/LoriTBD Facebook http://www.facebook.com/lori.chase

You guys/gals get a chance, drop her a line, let her know what she means to our Forum and how much we miss her, or post your support on this thread,

Lets get Lori Chase back home to TSW where she belongs...

Added note: I would like to personally thank everyone here for all the strong support they have shown for Lori, and for also proving that people do really matter on TSW because people do really care, Thanks

I agree. This is where she belongs. The season won't be the same WITHOUT her INCREDIBLE imput!!! :worthy:

The reality of it is, this is a forum. And like any forum, there are going to be good, respectful people who offer great insight and respectfully challenging conversations. And then there are the ignorant trolls and others who use the disguise of the web to talk like a bad ass.

This is common knowledge of any forum. So if they, or anyone leaves because of the latter, then they never should have been on here in the first place. It's just reality that you are going to meet good and bad people.

With that, yes it would be great to see their opinions again, but not in a way where it should make anyone feel like they have to walk on eggshells.

I agree with what you have to say, with the exception of the middle part.

IMHO this forum has gone through an evolution from it's D&C days to now. As you say there were always (and always will be) "good guys" and "bad guys". For every opionion there will ALWAYS be people who disagree, and a certian percentage of those people will be from the "bad guy" camp and express themself in a totally disrespectful often offensive way. Where the problem lies is that we used to be a forum of mostly "good guys" that took the "bad guy" comments with a grain of salt often times seeing humor in the vitrol. Today it seems the "bad guys" are far out numbering the "good guys" to the point that an opinion isn't discussed near as much as it's ridiculed even to the point of personal attacks.

All of the good guys have ALWAYS belonged here, they are what made TBD the best of the Bills forums, but since the "bad guys" are starting to outnumber the "good guys" maybe it is time they left. The sad thing is, once they leave, this site becomes a bunch of self importent bores calling each other an idiot and correcting each others grammar and spelling.

This response isn't just about Lori, or Tim .... in my years here I've seen many many people run off by the "bad guys" ... to borrow a phrase from another old timer .... all of this "poster bashing" just makes me kind of ... well ... nervous

I've only read the first post and a handful of replies, so I am probably repeating what many have said. Sorry.

Hopefully Lori is on a break. I can understand that. The old timers here know I've taken my share of sabbaticals (unannounced and I'm certain mostly unnoticed). She just may need a break from things. Sometimes the mind-numbing stupidity that goes down here can get to you. I try to ignore it for the most part, but then I notice I start getting a little bit crankier and make attempts to protect what I see as a very special community. I know some of you don't understand that, but to many here this is more than just a Bills forum. It's that for sure. But many of us have come to know each other, in real life and online. For many of us this is a special place and we try to protect that.

Lori is one of the, if not THE, premier contributor to this forum. It's Fearless Leader's board and we owe it to him that it exists and has been as successful as it has over the years. But Lori is one of the major reasons it has been that successful. She does an enormous amount of work as a writer of articles (including the pregame reviews), as a moderator and as one of the few people here with a deep knowledge of Bills history.

So, for those of you who haven't been around enough to read many of Lori's pieces and/or posts, trust the old-timers when we assure you her absence means more than yours, or mine quite frankly.

Bravo! I agree with every word of this! Great stuff Brian.

After reading this, it came to me that there really isn't a way for the newer posters to understand the "old days" of TBD, and the closeness of the community. I understand and respect this.

Look, the "core" posters, meaning in this case those who have been around a long time, are here for more than the Bills. Nobody ever put it better than SDS, who stated that he is more of a "fan of Bills Fans" than a "fan of the Bills." I love the Bills. They are a passion but I agree with Scott, and have stolen this line over the years. :worthy:

Let's face it....there is little good to be noted about the team itself. I mean really, ya know? :D Many of the people I have met here are another story. There are some bright, wonderful people here, and Lori is one of the best.

Lori is a personal friend of mine. I have known her now and tailgated with her for more than a decade. Once when we first met, my "crew" rented a full sized Caddy and the battery died. She pulled out jumping cables. That's Lori. She is an intellectual, yet she is humble. She goes back to the days when we knew eachother's problems and joys. This stuff would be hard to describe to the newer people and that's ok, whereas times do change (I am reminded of this quite often by Ramius :D ).

I do hope she returns, but it's obviously her decision to make and I respect whatever she decides to do. But, she is one of those posters who really is not replaceable.

When I was going to Temple U back in the late 90s, I stopped by the D&C Hyperbills site every day. I didn't have internet access at my apt, so it was one of the things I looked forward to when I was on campus. I don't remember ever registering as a Bills fan, but I do remember creating a fake acct as "joey dolfan", because someone on there was annoying me so much that I felt the need to antagonize them, lol. Sure enough, I ended up having lots of chances to bust their balls (wish I could remember who it was...) for a week or two before I lost interest. But yeah, that site was awesome for keeping up with Bills talk.

In my opinion, the biggest difference between then and now is the consideration that was given to others opinions and a level of maturity in the debate. Sure we had our characters but other than a few crusaders it was largely an intelligent debate.

Modern forum discussion (not just here but everywhere) has devolved into what I like to call Xbox live chat. People say unbelievable things to others online that they wouldn't dare say to them in person. Unfortunately the most vocal and most caustic seem to also be the most prolific.

There are still a great many people here who understand football and can carry on a mature intelligent debate without resorting to the least common denominator of name calling and flaming.

When TBD loses posters like Lori and TG we all lose. Whether you agree with them is largely irrelevant. They elevate the level of discussion and their presence is greatly missed.

For those of you who have never had the privilege of meeting Lori I can assure you of this; she is one of the most knowledgeable football people I have ever met and her insight on the Bills is world class.

I'm sorry, cause I know this will pry come off wrong, but TC and LC were people....that's all. Fine, they had some insight into the Bills organization that was good to discuss, but again...they were just regular people. I find it strange to see these threads almost begging for them to come back that almost elevates them to a level above everyone else.

I have nothing personal against either of these people and I would say this about anyone on any forum out there. This forum is not a job, except for the mods and they know what they got themselves into. This is a open environment for people, with different views and personalities, to express their opinions. Knowing that there will be "skoobys" out there is the price of admission.

Well said.

In my opinion, the biggest difference between then and now is the consideration that was given to others opinions and a level of maturity in the debate. Sure we had our characters but other than a few crusaders it was largely an intelligent debate.

Modern forum discussion (not just here but everywhere) has devolved into what I like to call Xbox live chat. People say unbelievable things to others online that they wouldn't dare say to them in person. Unfortunately the most vocal and most caustic seem to also be the most prolific.

There are still a great many people here who understand football and can carry on a mature intelligent debate without resorting to the least common denominator of name calling and flaming.

When TBD loses posters like Lori and TG we all lose. Whether you agree with them is largely irrelevant. They elevate the level of discussion and their presence is greatly missed.

For those of you who have never had the privilege of meeting Lori I can assure you of this; she is one of the most knowledgeable football people I have ever met and her insight on the Bills is world class.

I completely agree. Back when I first started actively posting, disagreements were handled a bit differently than they have been lately. That's partly why I tend to participate much more extensively on "off the wall" now than I do the stadium wall. If I post a viewpoint on TSW that runs contrary to another's, I can almost always tell if it's a regular or a newbie who is responding to me without even looking at the name. You can have lively debates with the regulars, disagree, and move on to the next topic. But usually when it's a comment that takes a cheap shot or borders on being rude and immature, it's some newb trying to flame or make a spectacle of themselves. There have been a lot of newer posters who've joined and contributed a lot to the discussions, but like a lot of you, I get tired of the few bad apples spoiling the bunch and it's particularly annoying when that behavior drives off some of our more interesting contributors.

Coming from TSW Staff I find it odd you would agree with that particular post,

Maybe its possible staff members like you are just adding to the friction we have here because If you view Lori or Tim Grahahm as just another person on this site, fully knowing what she does and means to this forum and how much of a honor it was to have Tim Grahahm mixing it up with all the posters on TSW, what are you even doing on the staff.

:worthy:

You can't agree with a post/poster one minute about how everyone shares the same status and then turn around and get offended when a poster like myself happens to question your beliefs/status now can you.
Welcome to the internet. :worthy:

In case any of you were unaware as I was, our best Mod /Staff Columnist/ Bills historian, Lori Chase is no longer with us on TSW.

After a good friend of hers, ESPN's Tim Graham was very rudely treated on our forum Lori felt like enough was enough and it just wasn't much fun around here anymore. When you look at it from Lori's perspective how could you even blame her, Mr.Graham takes time away from his busy schedule, comes onto our forum to share his opinions and in return we disrespect and cause Tim to leave, meanwhile Lori has to sit there and take it all in.

Sound like much fun to you?

I say we because unfortunately a few bad apples on top can make the whole bushel look rotten if you don't throw the bad ones away.

This is Lori's Twitter http://twitter.com/LoriTBD Facebook http://www.facebook.com/lori.chase

You guys/gals get a chance, drop her a line, let her know what she means to our Forum and how much we miss her, or post your support on this thread,

Lets get Lori Chase back home to TSW where she belongs...

Added note: I would like to personally thank everyone here for all the strong support they have shown for Lori, and for also proving that people do really matter on TSW because people do really care, Thanks

LOL

Forget the hundreds of other people with stuff to contribute that have come here and been treated even worse. I guess it only matters when it happens to a Tim Graham.

You get what you deserve.

Maybe its possible staff members like you are just adding to the friction we have here because If you view Lori or Tim Grahahm as just another person on this site, fully knowing what she does and means to this forum and how much of a honor it was to have Tim Grahahm mixing it up with all the posters on TSW, what are you even doing on the staff.

This is really an interesting topic....but...come on....as far as I know Tim Graham is a reporter for ESPN. "Honor"....I think not.

LOL

Forget the hundreds of other people with stuff to contribute that have come here and been treated even worse. I guess it only matters when it happens to a Tim Graham.

You get what you deserve.

Tim and Lori (and jw, and others) have direct contacts within the organization. The right to express an opinion does NOT put make one equal to those with real information. The right to be heard does not equate to the right to be taken seriously.

I still love my team, but just as I would have no desire to watch my children shoot up with heroin and ruin their lives, neither do I have any desire to watch such agonizing and reprehensible management and coaching resulting in such abysmal performance of my team on the field.

Today as the team stands, I have too much respect for myself to lower myself to watching too much of what this team provides.

This is a portion of one of your post a couple weeks ago, what I want to know is why are you even here?

Because this is a place to voice his opinion. Not all Bills fans are "happy and excited" to see what's in store this season...until the Bills get better...i'm sure TONS of fans feel this way.

Who are you anyway? Who died and made you Two Bills Drive creator? Most people don't worship TG like you do...you might just have to deal with it. LOL How dare anyone have anything bad to say?! LMAO