The Human Centipede

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh man, now you've got me going on how amazing this movie is. The story behind it is the guy who wrote, directed, produced and starred in it (Tommy Wiseau, the weird foreign guy in the trailer) originally wrote it as this super serious drama...BUT...he failed at almost every level of script writing and the movie ended up being hilarious because of how badly it was produced.

So, he in turn re-branded the movie as a "dark comedy" but it was definitely written and filmed as a very serious drama. That's what makes it great...every scene is a lesson in "How Not To Film A Movie 101".

I thought that distinction went to "Jaws: The Revenge". I guess it has been replaced.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I watched this last night. To me it was not nearly as disturbing as was reported in the reviews that I read. There is a point where the evil doctor makes a presentation to his victims about the centipede surgery that he will perform, it was very detailed and the medical terminology accurate. 2.5 stars out of 5.

• 10 months later...

Stuff like this is just dumb after you've seen the real life horror. Try watching the Dagestan massecre video where Chechen rebels cut the throats of 6 russian conscripts or some of these mexican drug cartel videos. A week or two ago they released own where they cut a guys head off with a chainsaw.Once you see something like that no Hollywood movie will make you cringe ever again.